Robert Turbin

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I have never been impressed with his running but he seems to have had the proverbial light turn on. Sort of like Marshawn did after a while. Last two games he has shown a real ability to get tough yards and positive yardage when it didn't seem to even be there. Plus he seems to be seeing the hole and be in a real rhythm out there. Hope he keeps it up as he's been a really nice bonus for our offense.

Lithium

Reaction score
He has most definitely improved, still goes down too easy, almost willingly sometimes. Maybe thats just compared to lynch though which isnt very fair lol

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
He has been very explosive and not going down after the first hit like he did in his first couple years. He is obviously learning from Beast and a have been impressed with his running the last several games. Makes giving Beast a rest an easier decision

OkieHawk

Reaction score
A lot of his big gains last season were called back due to holding, or he got tripped up WAY too easily. I think he's finally getting it, and personally, I think he's the heir to Lynch with CM his backup.

Foghawk

Reaction score
Looks to me like he has been getting a little lower when running between the tackles lately.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I said this very thing today. Something has changed in Turbo. I was quick to right him off as an average RB at BEST, but lately he's really starting to change my mind. It's like he's been studying at the school of Beast Mode. He actually looks like Beast lately when he runs. Very physical...Good North/South running, doesn't mind impact, might even look for it.

He doesn't have Lynch's feet/vision/balance, but he definitely has the "Want To". That's the "IT" factor for RB's for those of you taking notes.

:th2thumbs:

SeaChase

Reaction score
He has a different style than Lynch and seems to be a good change up back. I think it's been throwing off defenses lately as they have expected lynch to start. Turbin has definitely taken advantage of the extra playing time.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Foghawk":130jy68w said:
Looks to me like he has been getting a little lower when running between the tackles lately.

This is what I saw lately, he knows when to stay low instead of high like he normally does when he's sprinting. If you watch his college highlights he's always upright while running, relying on his speed.

byau

Reaction score
Lithium":2oiy7nu6 said:
He has most definitely improved, still goes down too easy, almost willingly sometimes. Maybe thats just compared to lynch though which isnt very fair lol

Well, when compared to Lynch, almost any RB will look like they go down too easy or willingly.

I see what you mean. I for one am okay with it because he gets really good explosion and can get you a good 4 to 5 yards almost every carry it seems, and if going down a bit willingly prolongs his athletic legs I'm good with that

Also take into account his going down willingly seems to almost always be a dive to get a few extra yards.

I am usually surprised when he doesn't get us a few yards.

And he's great on the leak out screen and on the catch seems to always explode for at least a few yards after catch, if not a good 9 or 10

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
Aros":1xzmenum said:
I said this very thing today. Something has changed in Turbo. I was quick to right him off as an average RB at BEST, but lately he's really starting to change my mind. It's like he's been studying at the school of Beast Mode. He actually looks like Beast lately when he runs. Very physical...Good North/South running, doesn't mind impact, might even look for it.

He doesn't have Lynch's feet/vision/balance, but he definitely has the "Want To". That's the "IT" factor for RB's for those of you taking notes.

:th2thumbs:
It may be some direct input from my old HS coach, and his RB coach Sherman Smith, along with his best friend Russell Wilson? The realization that NOW is the time to step it up, as nobody knows how long we'll have Lynch.
He was here before CMike, so if he doesn't want to be left in the dust in the next year or tow.......

SDHawk

Reaction score
Turbo probably figured out that doing all those bicep curls did nothing for his running game and started doing some squats and box jumps instead.

It still seems he goes down on first contact... the biggest difference seems to be his ability to find the hole and has much improved burst.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
Aros":n34zc75n said:
He actually looks like Beast lately when he runs. Very physical...Good North/South running, doesn't mind impact, might even look for it.

Damn, speaking of that... there was one run yesterday where there was two defenders waiting for him in front of the line to gain and he just exploded straight through the line for maybe 5 or 6 yards and absolutely blew those two guys up for the first down... Would like to see that run again... had me jumping to my feet. That was a perfect example of the new Turbo.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Lithium":228asjxa said:

I think this is the problem; too many people compare him to Lynch. Lynch is so unique, there isn't anyone like him, or probably never will be. He's so agile side to side; he makes guys miss and also sets them up to not get direct hits on him so he can shed the tackle. It's ingenious running, really.

Turbin is starting to remind me of Demarco Murray a bit. Murray was also not all that great to start out, but he's improved greatly. He doesn't have Lynch's wiggle either, but he's explosive and strong, and gets really low.

Turbin has been getting lower. He's also exploding through the hole a bit better (also possible he's getting better holes, as our OL is run blocking better in the last half of the season). Turbin still goes down a lot at first contact, but he almost always gets by (or over) the first defender and gains yards after contact. He's also faster than Lynch, and that shows when he takes the corner.

Michael still looks a bit raw, but he's coming along nicely and I like that he's getting playing time finally.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Robert has been playing well of late, we gonna need him to continue that come playoff time.

kearly

Reaction score
Much better balance and vision this season, while still being one cut and go decisive. He still needs a lot of space to make runs over 10 yards. He doesn't create plays the way that Lynch or Michael can. I think that's just who Turbin is, and I think he'd be a very good RB on a pass to set up the run team like Denver.

Regardless, he's been a very nice player this season, better than his stats would indicate. He's also one of the best ball security backs in football.

Latest posts