Bruce Irvin

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Went from an above average one dimensional pass rusher and took a year to develop into a versatile and dangerous linebacker. What a great job of developing him by our coaches. Kid can ball.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Irvin is now officially "The Man". I was down on him earlier this year but gladly eating crow now:)

Chawks1

Reaction score
A sack, a forced fumble and a pick six in the game. Not bad for a guy some people wanted cut.

seedhawk

Reaction score
But.....But.............the announcers still don't call his name enough! :p

sutz

Reaction score
Really heads up play on that pick/fumble recovery TD. :th2thumbs:

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
If he doesn't get ripped down on an uncalled hold in the first half, he has 2 sacks today. He's been a terror.

SeaChase

Reaction score
seedhawk":1vk5xmvi said:
But.....But.............the announcers still don't call his name enough! :p

He's so awesome that this is the first thread about him in like month... but .. but he plays a position that...

drcool

Reaction score
Along with the pass rush I also love how well he can drop into coverage. Very versatile and not a one trick pony at all.

minormillikin

Reaction score
Everyone doubted me about creating Bruce Irvin.

I said, "Combine the DNA of Jar Jar Binks and the Predator!"
They said, "That combination makes no sense!"

But, I talked them into it, and the rest is history.

pehawk

Reaction score
I think you could make a case that Irvin is the most valuable LB. Not saying that's for sure the case, but an argument can be made. He plays his position so, so, so well.

sutz

Reaction score
pehawk":1extoyqm said:
I think you could make a case that Irvin is the most valuable LB. Not saying that's for sure the case, but an argument can be made. He plays his position so, so, so well.
I have to disagree. IMHO it's Wagner. No doubt in my mind.

pehawk

Reaction score
sutz":3roafxhr said:
pehawk":3roafxhr said:

I'm inclined to agree with you. But often I wonder how much Wags benefits from Irvin never, ever, ever, ever not containing. It was just earlier this year where Pete said Wags should always lead the team in tackles, that's what the defense dictates.

Obviously you have to say its Wagner. But, I'm not so sure Wagner looks all-pro without Irvin. Just a hunch.

I do know I wanted to, and still want to, bite the foreheads of others who dog him. They probably aren't understanding his role. If Irvin has a GREAT game, you'd never bnea able to tell by looking at the boxscore. Days like today make me happy because at least it shuts up the mouthbreathers.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Irvin has fulfilled his quota of game-clinching plays. First round pick validated.

IrishNW

Reaction score
Bruce Irvin is the man! Its almost like Pete Carroll knows what he's doing when it comes to defensive players.

TXHawk

Reaction score
Meh, he's just part of an "F" graded draft class. Imagine how good the Seahawks could be if they had only listened to Mel Kiper!

The next person who whines about Irvin being drafted too high needs to be slapped upside their head. He's developed into a major weapon on the Hawks defense.

Hawks46

Reaction score
pehawk":i8pri6fo said:

Just think, this is only his 2nd year playing the position, in his entire career. I'm going to thump my chest and say I called this at the beginning of the season.

I also like to defend Turbion on occasion.

sutz

Reaction score
pehawk":vzww5dme said:
sutz":vzww5dme said:
pehawk":vzww5dme said:

I'm inclined to agree with you. But often I wonder how much Wags benefits from Irvin never, ever, ever, ever not containing. It was just earlier this year where Pete said Wags should always lead the team in tackles, that's what the defense dictates.

Obviously you have to say its Wagner. But, I'm not so sure Wagner looks all-pro without Irvin. Just a hunch.

I do know I wanted to, and still want to, bite the foreheads of others who dog him. They probably aren't understanding his role. If Irvin has a GREAT game, you'd never bnea able to tell by looking at the boxscore. Days like today make me happy because at least it shuts up the mouthbreathers.
Well, a big part of why I support Wags on this issue is that he makes the calls. He's the guy setting the D and getting players in place. Irvin is less of a 'hands on leader' in that respect, I think.

I do think Irvin is elevating himself into that 'core' group that Pete and John talk about going forward, and may take KJ's spot there. I really hope he stays here for many more years.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Bruce is starting to shut down the doubters. The knock on him was that he was a one trick pony, then he made the most sacks out of his rookie year, then we ended up giving him a different position to teach him new ways, it took awhile, but now he's seeing the game slower. He's been great against the run as well. Defending the run was another knock on him.

Latest posts