Bruce Irvin

kobebryant

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":16phblcy said:
He's the anti-KJ Wright. He has a knack for big plays.

Love KJ, but he drops INTs and never comes up with game changers.

While a "game changer" is subjective and hard to quantify, I wouldn't say "never". That forced fumble on Lesean McCoy to start the 2nd half was pretty huge.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
SeaChase":3c22qzz8 said:
seedhawk":3c22qzz8 said:
But.....But.............the announcers still don't call his name enough! [emoji14]

He's so awesome that this is the first thread about him in like month... but .. but he plays a position that...
You didn't see enough threads on him? Uhoh! Thanks yet again for your in-depth analysis.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":3bk06r3f said:
SeaChase":3bk06r3f said:
seedhawk":3bk06r3f said:
But.....But.............the announcers still don't call his name enough! [emoji14]

He's so awesome that this is the first thread about him in like month... but .. but he plays a position that...
You didn't see enough threads on him? Uhoh! Thanks yet again for your in-depth analysis.
One of them being from him within the month

SeaChase

Reaction score
-The Glove-":tqhpjuxx said:
HawKnPeppa":tqhpjuxx said:
SeaChase":tqhpjuxx said:
seedhawk":tqhpjuxx said:

One of them being from him within the month

I said in About a month, you have to go back to page 4 to find a thread title with Irvins name in it, and thathad 0 replies..

SeaChase

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":25828mwy said:
SeaChase":25828mwy said:
seedhawk":25828mwy said:

Go look for yourself, they should be easy to find then. Page 4 is the nearest one and It had 0 replies. Then the next is on page 7 which was started by me. Hows that for in depth analysis?

DJrmb

Reaction score
TXHawk":3r5xtmuy said:
Meh, he's just part of an "F" graded draft class. Imagine how good the Seahawks could be if they had only listened to Mel Kiper!

The next person who whines about Irvin being drafted too high needs to be slapped upside their head. He's developed into a major weapon on the Hawks defense.

Don't forget to add a Lot of people on this very board as well... So many people were ready to call Bruce a bust after year one and even in the beginning of this season. I just wish they'd eat their crow and not hide as if they'd thought he'd be great all along. It had to have been well over 60% of people down on him at least...

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Bruce Irvin's and Michael Bennett's stats are almost similar this year, minus the 2 Pick 6 of Irvin.

TACK SOLO ASSIST SACK F-FUMBLE
Michael Bennett 38 26 12 7.0 1
Bruce Irvin 37 24 13 6.5 1

chris98251

Reaction score
Where is that thread that had about half this board saying he was a bust and little more then Curry?

TwilightError

Reaction score
Bruce Irvin will be this years Malcolm Smith. Makes awesome plays during the end of regular season, post season and Superb owl. Ends up as the SBMVP. Mark it down, you heard it here first ;)

Tokadub

Reaction score
minormillikin":1d86bqr8 said:
Everyone doubted me about creating Bruce Irvin.

I said, "Combine the DNA of Jar Jar Binks and the Predator!"
They said, "That combination makes no sense!"

But, I talked them into it, and the rest is history.

OMG laughing so loud from that one :th2thumbs:

OK I had a bit too drink... for real though Bruce Irvin is bawling out right now and his speed is scary. I think Bruce Irvin is #2 on my list of Seahawks I would hate to run away from if they were super pissed. #1 is obviously Kam Chancellor, #2-4 is kind of a toss up for me between Bruce Irvin, Ricardo Lockette, and Bobby Wagner.

Hmm our Defense is so fricken good though if you really think about it... Earl Thomas might be the scariest of them all cuz there's no way you would ever get away, dudes like a heat seeking missile.

Seafan

Reaction score
Irvin, Wagner, Wilson, Turbin, Lane, Scruggs, Sweezy, Kearse, Helfet, Shead.

Not too bad a class. No need to continue to second guess Pete & John.

And to think that Pete and John are already excited about April's group gets me excited as well.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
sutz":3m1y2ptm said:
I do think Irvin is elevating himself into that 'core' group that Pete and John talk about going forward, and may take KJ's spot there. I really hope he stays here for many more years.

I completely agree with this. I fully expect PC and JS to lock up Wagner and Wilson this offseason, I then expect Irvin to get resigned in 2016. I think the 3 LBer starters are core players, and I think Irvin's added value is he's a 2 for 1, he's a Lber that also playing Rush End, which allows you to use 1 roster spot to fill 2 positions of need.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Seafan":1vx1t4oy said:
Irvin, Wagner, Wilson, Turbin, Lane, Scruggs, Sweezy, Kearse, Helfet, Shead.

Not too bad a class. No need to continue to second guess Pete & John.

And to think that Pete and John are already excited about April's group gets me excited as well.

And many of the "draft experts" gave that class an F. Ha!

I love Pete. I love John. I love this team.

hawk45

Reaction score
I think it's perfectly okay to demand production from a high draft slot. Most teams are dead in the water without it, the Seahawks less so by virtue of low round mastery. That said, Irvin has turned my head this year with his play.
Solid OLB play with a dash of QB pressure (on that strip in the game he had a guy hanging ALL over him).
Hope we hang onto him, feels like the best is still to come there.

Latest posts