Seattle At Arizona

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
You are what your record?????
Is…he he he until you meet the Seahawks. Yes, we took them in their house and made their house ours. Beastquake, the return. Sprinkle a little bit of Turbo and a Little Michael and you are set up for a fun time for the Seahawk fans that were there and watching all over the world. And don’t forget that little dude….um uh….whatsisname????oh…uh Russell Wilson. He he he. I figure that the fanbase known as 12s attending the game easily made 1/3 of the crowd..maybe even 2/5. Not half the crowd because there was a lot of red there. I did see some blue interspersed in the home crowd. The 2-3 rows below us and above us had some red in it. I just am so very upset at myself…for forgetting my earplugs. The Cardinals I figured would be a loud gang(I saw their meter stick at around 103..some one posted it was a bit louder.) …and the loudest gang was the 12s behind us. I did not have any problem with my ears at all…he he he. The red fans in front and to the side of us kinda were not too happy about us being a bit loud. So we got quiet… until they got to the line again. We were polite in that respect. When our offense got to the line during the first half, they did get pretty loud. I could hear it reverb back to us. But in the second half, I could hear the same amount of noise from the people that were there and the ones that had left had no significant drop in noise. I found that to be interesting. On one side you could hear an obnoxious band of 12s and if they were on the other end….you could hear the 12s there. Fun to see…and be a part of. Between 12 mins left in the game and 8mins left, half the locals fans had headed to the door…or looked for wifi??? The 12s…..never left. At about the last minute some of the 12s probably went to the door looking for another water or other flavored soda. We looked for flavored water back at McFaddens after the game clock said ZERO. It was tasty there. A couple of observations….One is the fact that the 2 offsides we had in the first quarter were bogus. Our guys were not offsides. As has been posted here on our net…the center was moving the ball up about a foot to foot and a half changing the offside line. I saw the move personally when they were on the area of the 20 yd line. Oh the (yellow) flags….we started asking ourselves where the flags were on every play too. EVERY PLAY.
One in our group said that Beast was in the locker room with an upset stomach. I had an upset stomach for some reason. Maybe I was nervous about the game??? Or bad water, I don’t know. I had a bottled water and popcorn at the second quarter and that seemed to help. A shout out to the 12s people that sell the 12s flags…..they did great. They were staying in the motel I was in and gave me a ride to the game. I happened to want to party a lot longer after the game so took a cab home. Home of course is a bar next to the motel…so I could have a couple more.
The winter ale we had on Saturday night was out when I got back to Paganos on Monday. Dangit…good stuff. My cab driver said that he is a buddy to the owner of the place and did not know it was closed after the game….or way after the game (it was about 1215 when we got there….and they close at 12.) And the next night, they were out of it. Dang.
My virgin flags are virgins no more. I bought one for the game from a local mall in Nampa…and then met the one person that sells and makes the 12 flags. He sold me one for a tiny penny and we took it to the game and if we did not have one flying during a good play, we had both of them flying. The 12s above us were loud….dammit. LOL.
The Post game activities included seeing some hawks set up with regalia. Sorry peaches..but the scarf is not too bad but the eyeshadow looks mahvelous. I shall post pics after this posting. I like the fact that I got to see and talk to a lot of people and learn about some of the different situations that are really not much different than our situations here. I wont go into it as that is not what this post is about. The lounge Wasted Grain is a decent place. I think things would change if there was a game on. But my loss…I went to the game. I made it home to Idaho later than planned as the plane was delayed by about half an hour. Delays into phoenix and delays leaving…I don’t mind. I shall take that as a sign of the win. And the fact that I was wearing my HASS jersey and he went in during the Colts game spelt doom for the Cardies. I was also wearing my green fuzzy sox. Ya cant beat them fuzzy sox. And gray shoes.
Now a bit of sadness…I set up my recorder for dvds to record the game and all I get is audio…I may have to do some dishes or other things but really don’t want to listen to the announcers. Maybe there is just a bad spot on this set of discs. I don’t know. I am doing a study of the second disc at the moment to see if there is a problem that I can fix. Edit: recorded on another disc and it works just fine. I don’t know what is wrong with the first disc. Maybe I should have tried it out…but ran out of time. I really did want to replay it from a different perspective than being there as I do after games while being in chat. I try to get more critical on the second viewing. Anyway….a great game and met some 12s and a sea of them as I said in chat. Fun times had by all. Pics following.

Attachments

• SeaofBlue1.jpg
    SeaofBlue1.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 1,271
  • MoreHawkFans1.jpg
    MoreHawkFans1.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 1,271
  • PregameHawks.jpg
    PregameHawks.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 1,271
OP
OP
Seahawkfan80

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Just some more pics of the occasion.

Attachments

• GregMarkFlag.jpg
    GregMarkFlag.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 1,258
  • ResizeGregMark1.jpg
    ResizeGregMark1.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 1,258
  • Jackpot.jpg
    Jackpot.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 1,258
OP
OP
Seahawkfan80

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Some more pics. Hopefully others can add to this. Fun times had by all.

Attachments

• Hawkgals.jpg
    Hawkgals.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 1,245
  • Selfie 1.jpg
    Selfie 1.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 1,245

sutz

Reaction score
Thanks for the write-up, but Dude! Paragraphs are your friend. :)

OP
OP
Seahawkfan80

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
sutz":3ufkqd2a said:
Thanks for the write-up, but Dude! Paragraphs are your friend. :)

I know...I thought I had done it in paragraphs...I suppose when transferring it from word doc to here...there was some miscalculation on my part.
Oh, and one more thing, That stadium is great stuff. I can see why it could hold an Owl there. They did a great job in setting it up.

Go Hawks.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I'm the old man with the gray hair and white Seahawks cap. We had a great time. It took me two days for me to get my voice back.

Seahawkfan80's estimate of 35-40% Hawks fans is probably pretty close. They gave out these white towels to the Cards fans to waive when they cheered so it made their presence appear larger than it was. You couldn't tell a whole lot of difference in crowd noise as it would seem that our 35-40% canceled out their 60-65%. I guess the cold, damp environment must make our lungs deeper. We were sitting on the Hawks side, off about the 20 or 25 yard line, 7th row from the bottom of the upper level, so we had really good seats. Beast Quake II happened right in front of us, close enough that I could tell he was most likely in bounds. One of the neat things was that the players recognized and appreciated our presence as late in the game, many of them had turned around and were cheering us. Russell made mention of it in his post game interview as well. Somehow that makes me feel like I'm actually part of the team.

As far as the game went, there is some concern about Hauschka as he just didn't look like he was hitting the ball well. It was his worst game as a Hawk. Hopefully he got it out of his system. Those 9 points we left on the field could loom large in the games to come. Another thing that I didn't hear talked about either in blogs, announcers, or talking heads, was that the Cards not only played Larry Fitzgerald, who hasn't been back in the lineup all that long, but they went to him 3 straight times on pass plays over the middle after the game was 35-6 with just a few minutes left. They are playoff bound and they're risking injury their star receiver during garbage time? Didn't make a lot of sense to me.

The bar scene was a lot of fun, too. As you can tell by the pics, it was mostly 12's, which would make sense as many of the locals just go from home to the stadium and straight home after the game.

I met some really great 12's on this trip, not the least of which is the author of this thread. If any of you have never gone to a road game, you really are missing out, especially when it's to a locale like this one where so many visiting fans can travel to and acquire tickets.