Kelly Should Coach Whiners

seahawksny

Reaction score
I used to think that the Whiners were the only team that is awarded AT LEAST 15 Free yards a game for lack of unsportsmanlike penalties on their coach. Hell, Kelly should coach them next year. Guy didnt shut up the whole game.

Philly fans complaining about refs calls? Them like the whiners were given many free passes today.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
seahawksny":i0rmqo5m said:
I used to think that the Whiners were the only team that is awarded AT LEAST 15 Free yards a game for lack of unsportsmanlike penalties on their coach. Hell, Kelly should coach them next year. Guy didnt shut up the whole game.

Philly fans complaining about refs calls? Them like the whiners were given many free passes today.

Kelly is always a little whiny, but he was in rare form today.

Get the guy a tissue.

Chip's system, even going back to Oregon, works great until you meet a real, big boy, physical football team. Every little touch he wanted called. Hey Chip, this is how real football is played.

morgulon1

Reaction score
He was getting on my nerves as well. Ill take a physical run game and lights out defense any day of the week.

sturg78

Reaction score
He had a few legitimate complaints. Carp running 20 yards down field and such

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Hell to the no...Why would we want a good coach to coach the whiners?

Hawks46

Reaction score
sturg78":n0xpfpyi said:

Then he shouldn't run plays so damned fast that the officials can't get into place quick enough. That's what happened after all, although they still should've gotten that call.

They made it up by letting (I think it was Cox) club Wilson in the head and not calling it.

Brahn

Reaction score
Hawks46":2xuagpsi said:
sturg78":2xuagpsi said:

Then he shouldn't run plays so damned fast that the officials can't get into place quick enough. That's what happened after all, although they still should've gotten that call.

They made it up by letting (I think it was Cox) club Wilson in the head and not calling it.

Carp is on our team. How would the Eagles offensive play calling speed effect the refs making calls while we are on offense?

SonicHawk

Reaction score
So when your team is getting dominated you want PC just sit on the sidelines quietly?

No, Chip was fighting for his team and had some legitimate gripes although the game was pretty fairly called.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
So many Chip defenders here. I am so glad I root for a Midwest College football franchise. Kelley is a whining bitch and he was doing it on every play.

nwgamer

Reaction score
I was getting irritated at seeing him on the field as well. They need to start penalizing. The dramatic ref manipulations should still have to follow the rules. How hypocritical is it to argue a penalty as you are committing one?

hawk35fan

Reaction score
The constant whining to the refs, because Wilson would throw the ball away instead of taking a sack was beyond annoying.

ManBunts

Reaction score
Brahn":1h9onvsa said:
Hawks46":1h9onvsa said:
sturg78":1h9onvsa said:

Carp is on our team. How would the Eagles offensive play calling speed effect the refs making calls while we are on offense?

I think what he's saying is, by speeding up plays, the official that MIGHT have been downfield in a position to spot Carp, wasn't, because they snapped the ball so quick he as only 5-10 yards off the line of scrimmage. Carp basically snuck past him, being sneaky and all.

Although if memory serves me right, wasn't there some other action on that play at the sideline? That probably drew the refs away from Carp.

Either way, I think it was a well done game for the most part. They missed a few on us, such as Carp, and they missed a few on them, such as Cole clobbering Wilson in the helmet after he'd thrown the ball

Hawkpower

Reaction score
SonicHawk":2sndnhdu said:
So when your team is getting dominated you want PC just sit on the sidelines quietly?

No, Chip was fighting for his team and had some legitimate gripes although the game was pretty fairly called.

Fighting for your team is one thing.

Whining like a 3rd grade school girl on nearly every play is another.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Kelly is obviously a good coach. However, he only talks out of one side of his mouth, so I don't trust him.

gargantual

Reaction score
I don't quite understand. Kelly was whining all over the place about intentional grounding when Russell was throwing it away (ie out of bounds). Is that really intentional grounding to throw it OOB? I thought it had to be thrown down onto the actual field (inbounds) for that penalty to be called.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
gargantual":3cyu3iq8 said:
I don't quite understand. Kelly was whining all over the place about intentional grounding when Russell was throwing it away (ie out of bounds). Is that really intentional grounding to throw it OOB? I thought it had to be thrown down onto the actual field (inbounds) for that penalty to be called.

The rules are actually pretty complicated, but if the QB is out of the pocket, and the ball travels beyond the line of scrimmage, if the ball goes out of bounds it doesn't matter if there is a target in the area, or not . This situation is NEVER intentional grounding -- QB out of pocket, ball past line of scrimmage out of bounds.

the ditch

Reaction score
I was hoping they would flag Kelly I lost a bit of respect for him, shut up and coach your team you're getting dominated you think whining to the refs is going to work out in your favour?

gargantual

Reaction score
BocciHawk":cfim4ujl said:
This situation is NEVER intentional grounding -- QB out of pocket, ball past line of scrimmage out of bounds.

Do BOTH of those conditions have to apply? I know the ones he was bitching about Wilson was still in the pocket, or at least it was questionable that he was. I just don't remember ever seeing a QB get that penalty thowing OOBs.

themunn

Reaction score
ManBunts":2wf6zknr said:
Brahn":2wf6zknr said:
Hawks46":2wf6zknr said:
sturg78":2wf6zknr said:

I think what he's saying is, by speeding up plays, the official that MIGHT have been downfield in a position to spot Carp, wasn't, because they snapped the ball so quick he as only 5-10 yards off the line of scrimmage. Carp basically snuck past him, being sneaky and all.

Although if memory serves me right, wasn't there some other action on that play at the sideline? That probably drew the refs away from Carp.

Either way, I think it was a well done game for the most part. They missed a few on us, such as Carp, and they missed a few on them, such as Cole clobbering Wilson in the helmet after he'd thrown the ball

Why would the Eagles snap the ball when we're on offense