Wilson...what have you done for me lately?

brimsalabim

Reaction score
SI says the office may not extend Russell if the hawks don't go deep in the play offs?

http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/11/27/seattl ... n-decision

What does this actually mean? Could they actually be thinking of going another direction or are they just hoping to get his price down? ...and once again who in the office keeps leaking this stuff every game day?

iigakusei

Reaction score
Sounds like a legitimate story :roll: . Cmon - we are smarter than this.

12HawkFan

Reaction score
Someone needs to put the crack pipe down.

If, and I say if this was the case it would piss of the Seahawk Nation BEYOND comprehension.

He will get a new deal after this season is over, period, IMO.

GO HAWKS!!!

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
After all the crap rumors this season, can we all just assume it's total bull shite and move on?

No
Basis
(in)
Reality

grizbob

Reaction score
Sounds to me like the "reporter" has a dog named league source and bases his "reporting" on the response he gets from his dog when he asks questions: like do you think Seattle will offer Wilson an extension if they don't go deep in the playoffs?
woof woof, OK that's a no :lol:

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Fact: The source for the story is not a Seahawk front office guy. The source is Mike Florio. I'm not kidding. It's like the New York Post using the National Enquirer as a story source.

You would learn more from the comments at PFT than you will from this non story.

pehawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1m30i4qr said:
Fact: The source for the story is not a Seahawk front office guy. The source is Mike Florio. I'm not kidding. It's like the New York Post using the National Enquirer as a story source.

You would learn more from the comments at PFT than you will from this non story.

Hmm, I disagree. PFT first reported the story, but, PFT has been reliable with this regime. Remember my nonsense last week saying the Seahawks use NFL insider types to their advantage? Welp, I think that's what this is.

I see nothing wrong with the story, it makes sense. This has been Wilson's worst year as a pro, IMO. Even throwing Percy out of the mix, he's just been off, a lot.

I both like and appreciate this report.

Tundra

Reaction score
The only thing I care about SI is the Seahawks Super Bowl package they put out again in February. I just throw away the mags.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
pehawk":12m9m294 said:
Scottemojo":12m9m294 said:

Hmm, I disagree. PFT first reported the story, but, PFT has been reliable with this regime. Remember my nonsense last week saying the Seahawks use NFL insider types to their advantage? Welp, I think that's what this is.

I see nothing wrong with the story, it makes sense. This has been Wilson's worst year as a pro, IMO. Even throwing Percy out of the mix, he's just been off, a lot.

Not this one. I read the story, it is based of Florio saying the Seahawks MAY do something after the season is over depending on the results of the season. That is a water is wet kind of statement. Seattle can't do anything about Russ til the season ends anyway, and clearly what they do could be affected by a number of events still to be determined. Florio never claimed a source, he just spun what is clearly true.

canfan

Reaction score
"Per a LEAGUE source"..."according to Mike Florio The first tells me its not a Seahawks source, the second tells me Florio is making shit up again. What a shock

pehawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":261tit68 said:
pehawk":261tit68 said:
Scottemojo":261tit68 said:

Not this one. I read the story, it is based of Florio saying the Seahawks MAY do something after the season is over depending on the results of the season. That is a water is wet kind of statement. Seattle can't do anything about Russ til the season ends anyway, and clearly what they do could be affected by a number of events still to be determined. Florio never claimed a source, he just spun what is clearly true.

I think is this regime using the media to motivate, as they tend to do. Agree to disagree, because you're wrong.

Rainger

Reaction score
Typical media crap trying to stir a pot and create a story that doesn't exist. I would take no stock in this kind of stir the pot journalism.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
It sounds like the reporter is hearing what he wants to hear. Doesn't it make sense that this team would wait to negotiate with Wilson until after the season is over? It's going to be a franchise-defining contract, I'm sure everyone wants to take their time on it.

the ditch

Reaction score
I don't believe this article for a second.

Also, not like Russell would really care because if we didn't offer him a new contract there would be many teams willing to throw everything at him.

Latest posts