ME TALK SEAHAWK - Week 12: Into ze fog.

PDXCHawk

Reaction score
(Massive computer difficulties last few weeks, and other excuses...)

ME TALK SEAHAWK Week 12 - Lazarus edition

Memories of Seattle's last Thanksgiving game are locked away in a vault with a big 'GO AWAY' sign adorned with the skulls of the wicked. It was in the '9-wins/2 years' era of darkness between Holmgren and Carroll. In hindsight, I might have been willing wait two years to see another Seahawk game, rather than watch one second of any of those woeful contests. But I already digress.

This holiday game is far more optimistic from the get-go. Yes, Seattle's offense is clicking like a pristine, fine-tuned swiss watch, after tumbling in the dryer, for like a year. But last week, the return of Bobby "Should be wealthier" Wagner, and Deacon Thomas' spiritual revival tactics gave me a lot of hope for the 5-game remaining stretch. They don't score, they don't win (Yes, Ray Lewis gave me permission).

I monitor the playoff picture very early into the season, and sometimes annoy people speaking of it aloud. I can't help it, I enjoy looking at the race as holding and losing playoff position. The Seahawks right now, are the sixth seed, and I hate that faulty tiebreakers on some websites made me think otherwise all week. Though it requires a daunting task, they have the playoffs in their hands, right now. And the team that wants to rip that privilege from them is right across their own 'field', today. (side note: Have any players like, sank out of sight, or is the 3rd-grass attempt holding?)

Tough, tough task. I think our D is up to it, but home is home for a janky-but-tough-as-hell Niners squad. At least both teams have the short week, I'd have cried no-fair if Frisco had been playing the PREVIOUS Thursday. The schedule-makers are meanies, don't put it past them. It is helpful that Anthony Davis will not be participating, and that the Niner offense is a bit dinged in many specialty positions. That could offset what is now the lone chink in Seattle's restored Defense: the loss of Brandon Mebane. A special spark from the D-line would be timely today with key blockers out of the picture for the fogmen. Mind that Larry Fitzgerald was absent last week, and therefore 19 points might not have cut it with the most explosive offensive weapon on the field for the Cards. The mojo of the Boom faces a sterner test today on the road, but dare I say, not from a better passer.

I pronounced Kearse to be the new go-to-WR some weeks ago, but one good game does not that, make. Wilson-to-Wilson is connecting for that one or two great plays a game, but who will enter the step-up zone from these young'uns whose names I'm still trying to memorize? Like samoan what's-his-face last week what got the TE TD (channeling Archie Bunker)

My prediction for the game? Pain (yes Mr. T gave me permission) Other predictions: No damn less than 8 Seattle penalties, that's about a given. I shouldn't have shrugged that off earlier in the year. Some clever gutsy plays, as San Fran has surely prepared all week to stop a two-man offense. Expect #3's legs to outproduce both his AND Crapsack's arm (that's my new nickname for him)

The Spock side of my brain says Seattle should lose, but we all know what the Kirk side of the brain thinks about that. III be-lieve that we-can-win.

AROUND THE LEAGUE
Bad week for improperly-running QB's in the league. Robert Griffin the Turd's rookie MVP award is looking all the more farce-iful after being benched for Colt McCoy, the mayor of backup city. Embrace Vince Young. And after Geno Smith intercepted his way out of the starting job, Michael Vick has ineffectualized himself back to holding Geno's clipboard for the Jets once again. Perhaps for good. If there's a god.