Irvin is really, REALLY underrated....

pehawk

Reaction score
He sets the edge, gets pressure, is brilliant in space an in coverage. He's a just a very key cog of the defense. I know it's easy to point at his two glaring guffaws; Rivers and Romo are vets and played him. That's what they do.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
He played great today. Love how he snuffed out the read option.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Reaneypark":nq6cz6u9 said:
He played great today. Love how he snuffed out the read option.

At his position, the fact you don't hear his name at times also means he's doing his job.

seahawk 17

Reaction score
He's a great piece of the puzzle. Fans that don't really know X's and O's can't comprehend how good he is. (Unger for that matter also.)

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
If Hawk's mustered consistent interior pressure, he'd be among the league sack leaders. And he's playing way better against the run from DE than in 2012.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
I will eat crow on this one. I called him out as mediocre and he is stepping it up lately. Awesome. This is something I love being wrong about.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
So some of us were wrong and the kid is actually learning the game and becoming a key versatile player?

cdallan

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":rexou3gt said:
If Hawk's mustered consistent interior pressure, he'd be among the league sack leaders. And he's playing way better against the run than in 2012.

I think there are times when he is pass rushing and gets completely stymied and shuts off the motor, when he could keep trying and hopefully come back into the play, but he has developed a rudimentary spin move now and looks to be a bit more consistent in getting pressure. Plus, he's a Swiss Army Knife of player.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
cdallan":3bgpu81v said:
Grahamhawker":3bgpu81v said:
If Hawk's mustered consistent interior pressure, he'd be among the league sack leaders. And he's playing way better against the run than in 2012.

I think there are times when he is pass rushing and gets completely stymied and shuts off the motor, when he could keep trying and hopefully come back into the play, but he has developed a rudimentary spin move now and looks to be a bit more consistent in getting pressure. Plus, he's a Swiss Army Knife of player.

Great point. Leave it to our Swiss poster to make this reference.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Agreed. Just the versatility Irvin offers is amazing. He was covering a speedy Ellington on some plays too. He hasn't even reached his ceiling yet. Once he puts everything together consistently, watch out.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
pehawk":1z1uwatu said:
He sets the edge, gets pressure, is brilliant in space an in coverage. He's a just a very key cog of the defense. I know it's easy to point at his two glaring guffaws; Rivers and Romo are vets and played him. That's what they do.

disagree. He 's improving and getting better but up until this game hasn't been very consistent. He needs to be playing like this. He hasn't been playing up to his potential.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":t0iod85b said:
pehawk":t0iod85b said:

disagree. He 's improving and getting better but up until this game hasn't been very consistent. He needs to be playing like this. He hasn't been playing up to his potential.

I disagree and ask how so? He's great in coverage, he sets the edge, gets pressure when asked. What say you, sweetie?

cdallan

Reaction score
pehawk":1h2ehfiq said:
cdallan":1h2ehfiq said:
Grahamhawker":1h2ehfiq said:

Great point. Leave it to our Swiss poster to make this reference.

Incorrect. I'm not neutral, and I will absolutely kick Chukarhawk's ass.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
pehawk":2ta94v2e said:
Chukarhawk":2ta94v2e said:
pehawk":2ta94v2e said:

I disagree and ask how so? He's great in coverage, he sets the edge, gets pressure when asked. What say you, sweetie?

Go look at his numbers. against KC and the Faders he had a grand total of 2 tackles combined.

titan3131

Reaction score
So consensus is...

Resign him longterm on the cheap. 5 years 25mil?

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":1j5azo1u said:
pehawk":1j5azo1u said:
Chukarhawk":1j5azo1u said:
pehawk":1j5azo1u said:

Go look at his numbers. against KC and the Faders he had a grand total of 2 tackles combined.

His job is to funnel plays inside, most of the time. Then drop into coverage. If he does that well, guess what? No tackles or mentions. If he didn't do those things, it'd be pretty apparent.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":25wplh99 said:
pehawk":25wplh99 said:

Well, the major knock on Bruce is that he hasn't played to his potential (or draft status). Let's just say he's a hell of a lot closer.

Latest posts