I wanna see us run this play...

A

Anonymous

Go to the 1:30 mark, and then go to the 1:50 mark. Pass play, across the field to Marshawn.

Mind you, Russ had to dodge the rusher on the first one, but that play rules.

[youtube]C6BRfOBd9Jk[/youtube]

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
That scoop and run at 3.20ish is one of my favourite Marshawn plays of all time, it's just so casual.

"I got you Russ".

OP
OP
A

Anonymous

You gotta think, at least at some point, Pete and his O-staff are going to sit in front of the big screen and chart all this out again. I mean, just in case they missed just how stupid we made the DB's and linebackers look on these plays.

On both of those that whole side of the field was void of defenders. Magnificent.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
I just dont understand where those plays have gone. It's like every team we play has every wr, rb, te covered in the passing game and Russell just doesn't trust fitting it in to tight windows. Are they all playing the exact same defense? The answer is no. But somehow the results have been the same.

StoneCold

Reaction score
I think this play gets us a TD every time. Line up Baldwin and Kearse on the left, Richardson or Lockette far right. Willson as the tight end and Lynch in the back field. Fake the run to Lynch and roll Russell out to the right. Baldwin and Kearse do a little rub off move. Hit the open receiver. TD! Got this from my neighbors 5 year old. Bevell's job is in jeopardy. :)

Attachments

• TD Everytime.jpg
    TD Everytime.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 1,248

NoTurnUnstoned

Reaction score
Holy crap that is the absolute worst music I've ever heard in my entire life. It literally hurt my ears.

I agree with the comments though. Especially the 5 year old's play call.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
NoTurnUnstoned":3bzvdh3o said:
Holy crap that is the absolute worst music I've ever heard in my entire life. It literally hurt my ears.

I agree with the comments though. Especially the 5 year old's play call.

Wow !, That was music????
I jerked the headset off and unplugged them from my comp., re-wound to watch it without that nonsensical bullshit noise.
Other than that?, I love watching ML punking the shit out of those defenders, and I hope he comes back with a vengeance after he's done with his now contract.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
The music could have been a sloth dragging its nails against a chalkboard, and I would still settle back, expand the window, and take in the heart disguising itself as Marshawn Lynch. The man is poetry in motion. I feel like any play has a decent shot if Lynch is in it somehow.

Don't ever leave Beastmode.

Please don't go. Don't gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

And I want you to know....

Please don't gooooooo

idahohawk

Reaction score
Loved it. Love the music, love the Beast, loved every bit of it.

I was at the 58-0 game. We need to feed off that.

#GoHawks

firebee

Reaction score
So... Basically we just need Lynch to run cutback on the Outside Zone runs or run between the blocks on Power.
Almost all of those big runs were because Lynch cutback on an outside zone run, instead of following the blocks or runs between blocks on Power run plays. I think I saw one big run off an inside zone run.

OP
OP
A

Anonymous

I've been systematically reviewing the 2013 season's games and looking at these, and other plays that resulted in huge gains, and have been trying to identify those that had the highest degree of defensive "fooling". This one is the best example, but there are some running plays that came out of obvious passing situations that also worked like magic.

The key to the whole thing is the TE position, and the ability to draw the linebackers toward the numbers and getting the safeties biting on pass routes. (duh!) With defenses now adopting some of our zone concepts (yes, yes they are) the safeties are staying home more. This all comes from them relying on us not trusting our replacement tight ends. It is really that simple.

This year, Dallas actually decided to let our TE's run free, a lot. Their blatant, and obvious disregard to the TE's routes was risky also but it worked. Couple that with a commitment to edge rushing like they did and it paid off for them, more often than not. I really think that until we call their bluffs with deep shots, very early in the game, we are going to continue to see what we are seeing. The only way to open up the play action is to throw caution to the wind (pun intended) and make defenses think we want to pass, not run. (another duh!) But there simply is no way else to do it. If we go back to attempting to spread the field with multiple-WR formations we simply are playing right into what defenses want to see us do.

Empty backfield sets are another frustration for me. I know that Pete wants to play a little chess game on the first two series, to get a feel for what the D is being told to do, then coaching attempting to counter as we move into the second quarter, but at some point you just have to go back to the basics and have the O-line play nasty. I wanna see the D coming out of piles holding their jewels after being punched in them. I'm serious. Angry linebackers don't cover well. I want to see skirmishes and scrums early in the game. Please.

Watch our last three games and you will see us clearly trying to establish the run from the read option instead of using motion and more "traditional" formations. From what I see, we are handing it off early in the game and Russ starts keeping the ball later on. We do this again tomorrow, and it won't be pretty. Why can't we have Russ keep the ball early, roll the boot instead of run, then the hit the TE or the WR on the outs?

Remember the incomplete pass play to Miller in first series of the Superbowl? For some strange reason, we don't use that one lately either. If Pete has the audacity to try a few passes directly at Peterson's man I think that will set a tone as well. Don't mess with trying to tie him up, just go right at him. Play fearlessly Pete, we've got your back.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":k0o1yv2x said:
You gotta think, at least at some point, Pete and his O-staff are going to sit in front of the big screen and chart all this out again. I mean, just in case they missed just how stupid we made the DB's and linebackers look on these plays.............
Why do I get the feeling that Bevell's too busy dreaming up ways to throw more bubble screens instead?
:sarcasm_off:

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":19e3g3t4 said:
I've been systematically reviewing the 2013 season's games and looking at these, and other plays that resulted in huge gains, and have been trying to identify those that had the highest degree of defensive "fooling". This one is the best example, but there are some running plays that came out of obvious passing situations that also worked like magic.

The key to the whole thing is the TE position, and the ability to draw the linebackers toward the numbers and getting the safeties biting on pass routes. (duh!) With defenses now adopting some of our zone concepts (yes, yes they are) the safeties are staying home more. This all comes from them relying on us not trusting our replacement tight ends. It is really that simple.

This year, Dallas actually decided to let our TE's run free, a lot. Their blatant, and obvious disregard to the TE's routes was risky also but it worked. Couple that with a commitment to edge rushing like they did and it paid off for them, more often than not. I really think that until we call their bluffs with deep shots, very early in the game, we are going to continue to see what we are seeing. The only way to open up the play action is to throw caution to the wind (pun intended) and make defenses think we want to pass, not run. (another duh!) But there simply is no way else to do it. If we go back to attempting to spread the field with multiple-WR formations we simply are playing right into what defenses want to see us do.

Empty backfield sets are another frustration for me. I know that Pete wants to play a little chess game on the first two series, to get a feel for what the D is being told to do, then coaching attempting to counter as we move into the second quarter, but at some point you just have to go back to the basics and have the O-line play nasty. I wanna see the D coming out of piles holding their jewels after being punched in them. I'm serious. Angry linebackers don't cover well. I want to see skirmishes and scrums early in the game. Please.

Watch our last three games and you will see us clearly trying to establish the run from the read option instead of using motion and more "traditional" formations. From what I see, we are handing it off early in the game and Russ starts keeping the ball later on. We do this again tomorrow, and it won't be pretty. Why can't we have Russ keep the ball early, roll the boot instead of run, then the hit the TE or the WR on the outs?

Remember the incomplete pass play to Miller in first series of the Superbowl? For some strange reason, we don't use that one lately either. If Pete has the audacity to try a few passes directly at Peterson's man I think that will set a tone as well. Don't mess with trying to tie him up, just go right at him. Play fearlessly Pete, we've got your back.

Nice post...Losing Miller sucks so bad. Always used to block, but money almost all the time when he got the ball. Honestly, I think he's our best offensive weapon next to Lynch. Not that we have a plethora to go around, but everyone knows what I mean. I know our current TEs dont hold a candle next to Miller, but I hope we got charcoals there waiting to turn to diamonds.

Aristotle22

Reaction score
The Houston run last year was so awesome, his balance is unreal. Also really liked the Philly one, every time I see it I still can't figure where he disappeared to and then he pops out for the td

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
You mean the "oh s*** that play just broke down, well there's Lynch, HURP" play? Yep, worked wonders.