So, I re-watched the game, and, you know what

nbk35zw

Reaction score
Seattle played really well.

Receivers played decent. Wilson stayed solid in the pocket (which existed... So that's nice). Willson caught the ball well. Defense caused two turnovers, and Seattle had none on their end.

Seattle was beaten by a very good team on the road in freezing temps.

I am bummed at the loss. But there is hope in this effort.

Go Hawks!

Chawks1

Reaction score
Yeah we outplayed them straight across the board. Except when it counted. They made the plays and we didn't. But we played nearly a perfect game. We won the turnover battle, we won time of possession by 10 minutes, we had more rushing yards, more passing yards, no critical penalties. But when we HAD to make a 4th down conversion we couldn't do it. Arrowhead has ALWAYS been a difficult road game. We are now 5-21 all-time in KC.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Holy rose colored glasses this Rudy stuff is out of hand. Our run defense was horrid and Williams, Malcolm Smith, and KJ Wright had a lot to do with it. Particularly Smith and Williams. The inside triangle was a complete failure.

On offense we were situationally bad, but that was mostly on the OC calling the wrong plays at the wrong time starting with going empty on the opening drive on 3rd and 1.

People get almost religious (hope, believe, and other fairy tales) about football and that's fine, but to say we played near perfect or even really well is approaching strait jacket fashion. Sorry, but holy hell.....

vin.couve12

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2xrjrm7d said:
oh look, someone telling a person to not be positive about the team, gee that never happens :roll:
I'm not telling anyone to not think anything. I'm just pointing out reality as it pertains to actual football.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Yup but we lost. I always take the road when we play shitty and win,,, that I don't care because a win is a win in the NFL. So I cant have it both ways. History will not remember us playing well, it will remember our wins ,losses and stats. Anyone remember how "talented" we were in 97?

We've been in every game like what ,,,, the past 51 season games now? I think many here are shocked that we still could play with KC with all the injuries we have. Still gotta figure out how to pull out the wins in the end. This isn't the 2011 season ,,,before we knew how win close games. We don't get to say" we are still growing" as an excuse

Ever year is about winning the Super Bowl but I think the worst that can happen to an NFL fan is their team not making the playoffs.

evergreen

Reaction score
For most of the game it felt like a win. I have a couple of complaints though. Kearse dropped a TD right before half and I didn't like going for it on 4th. Seems like we never get those... Atlanta anyone? We could've had two field goals instead. Give Andy credit for challenging that great spot we almost got. This might be on the coaches like the St. Louis game.

Still, we played pretty well considering our injuries until Max went out, and KC is good like 1st place good.. Even though we lost, RW robbed KC of a safety with a miraculous throw to Lynch. And like another poster said we are always in the game. Philly, GB, Denver, Az, SF, NE have all been blown out at some point this year. Not us!

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1q6q6wd3 said:
Holy rose colored glasses this Rudy stuff is out of hand. Our run defense was horrid and Williams, Malcolm Smith, and KJ Wright had a lot to do with it. Particularly Smith and Williams. The inside triangle was a complete failure.

You might also keep in mind that we played the best running back in the NFL not named Marshawn Lynch.

As far as Smith...well, yeah, we knew he was bad against the run.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":st4xd6ib said:
vin.couve12":st4xd6ib said:

You might also keep in mind that we played the best running back in the NFL not named Marshawn Lynch.

As far as Smith...well, yeah, we knew he was bad against the run.

I do keep that in mind, but I don't take it as a given. For instance, I'm trying to find the 16 yard TD....KJ ran the wrong way and Smith just stood there. Irvin had to seal the edge, but if either Smith or KJ ran remotely the right direction that's not a touchdown. Well maybe if Smith got to him because he probably would have gotten ran over. Either way, I don't think Charles did anything really special in this game. He just hit wide open holes. I understand what you're getting at, but we were really just THAT bad.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Hawks had more rushing yards, more passing yards, and a LOT more time of possession in that game yesterday. Yes, KC had a great day on the ground, but so did the Hawks.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
vin.couve12":3g4cbk19 said:
..........Either way, I don't think Charles did anything really special in this game. He just hit wide open holes. I understand what you're getting at, but we were really just THAT bad.
Yes, yes we were. Run D was horrid, putrid, shite, whatever adjective you want to use. Sure Charles is a stud but I'm guessing we knew he'd be their main weapon offensively. I mean seriously, their QB is Alex Smith, the very definition of "game manager".

Largent80

Reaction score
The defense tackled poorly, it wasn't that they didn't play well, they simply have had this problem tackling this year even way before Mebane went out.

KJ Wright has really fallen off IMO, same with Smith.

lobohawk

Reaction score
vin.couve12":etgo4nh1 said:
https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/A30683D1DD1145840326536261632_264e840aba1.5.1.3307128412231785530.mp4?versionId=qvDLG2jtpP8GpZxv83KMCbpJGuO.GMFE

Smith looked lost on that play and he left the gap on the cutback wide open.

Wagner being out all this time has been painful for the D. He can cover a lot (runs, coverage, and QB pressure), when those areas are having issues. Going from all pro level play to what we have inside now is a problem.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
RedZone problems are why we lost this game. They have plagued us all year, but this time they cost us the game. If we score a TD on any of the drives we came away with a FG, I believe we win the game. We lost by 4, so if we turn any of those FGs into TDs we at least tie the game. Seattle has been near the bottom of the league in converting Redzone drives to TDs (about 50%) and this is a game where it cost us the win.

The Seahawks had multiple chances to win this game, but they couldn't punch it across the goalline on numerous occasions. If you can't capitalize on RedZone opportunities, you'll lose against a good team.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
What game were you watching?

If it wasn't for some wonderful turnovers (good to see those again), we would have lost by 2 touchdowns.

KJ and Smith had AWFUL games.

dbsn2420

Reaction score
Op, I'm with you to a certain point. I haven't re-watched the game yet, I've been consciously avoiding everything Seahawks since the game.

To me this was just a game where too many mistakes, poor decisions killed it. Backers played poor, ZERO pressure on Smith, Kearse drops a TD pass that hits him in the bicep because he tried to catch the ball with his arms, poor time management, Russ misses a couple open receivers, empty sets on 3rd down :pukeface: , stuffed twice on 4th and short, couple stupid penalties, aw hell why go on. It is what it is.

With all that said, the team was in a tough environment, played decent but not good enough to win; they simply felll short.

Lets just hope they can regroup and take care of business at home against AZ on Sunday! :th2thumbs: