Not to be that guy.. but we got so screwed with this sched

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Really mind blowing how the last 6 weeks were set up.. even though no one saw Arizona being this good.. they still came within an awful Matt Ryan throw in Week 16 from being a playoff team (I am convinced the Cards beat the Niners in Week 17 last year if their game meant anything)

And we get to face the Cards before traveling on the road to face the 49ers on a short week.

Then.. as luck would have it.. we get to see the Eagles in Philly, and come back to see the 49ers again!

It's cool though.. cause after that.. we have the easy task of going into Arizona before playing the Rams, who are probably the biggest PITA 6 win team in football year after year.

All this by the way.. without bringing up the home prime-time games.. of which.. the Seahawks had 1 home prime-time game this year: the season opener. The other 3 are all on the road.

Who else has one home prime-time game this year?
- Titans
- Raiders
- Falcons
- Dolphins
- Jaguars

The Jets, Rams and Redskins have TWO home prime-time games.

I mean.. I really hate reading the Seahawk fans go on about how the league is out to get us and how the refs hate us and how we never get respect and on and on.. but I can't think of a defending Super Bowl champion in recent memory that got shafted this badly on the schedule.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
It's an incredibly challenging schedule, but Carroll teams tend to rise to the occasion. Crossing my fingers we close out strong again and go 5-1. Getting Wagner back will be huge for the defense. Offensively, my biggest concern is play calling.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
SF doesn't have to leave the west coast for the last five weeks, and their only 'trip' is a short flight to Seattle

Home against Washington
Home against Seattle
@Oakaland, which is basically a home game
@Seattle, a short flight up the coast
Home against San Diego
Home against Arizona

mikeak

Reaction score
The league has pushed for more inter-divisional games at the end of the season. We just happen to be in a brutal division

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":17l8si9o said:
All this by the way.. without bringing up the home prime-time games.. of which.. the Seahawks had 1 home prime-time game this year: the season opener. The other 3 are all on the road.

Who else has one home prime-time game this year?
- Titans
- Raiders
- Falcons
- Dolphins
- Jaguars

The Jets, Rams and Redskins have TWO home prime-time games.

Who wants to see the Super Bowl Champs at the Clink, home of the 12th Man? Boring....

I mean the Jets and Rams! That's excitement baby!! :D

Pick6

Reaction score
I don't mind the tough schedule late in the season but the early bye week really hurts, especially with the injuries.

pehawk

Reaction score
The blame for this goes on Paul Allen. He needs to be a squeaky wheel come schedule time.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
pehawk":j3i5wd8x said:
The blame for this goes on Paul Allen. He needs to be a squeaky wheel come schedule time.
He needs to sent the Hawks to London. Scratch for scratch.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
How about we just play the hand we're dealt and NOT be that guy/fan base that makes excuses.

We're the World Champs until such time that we're dethroned.

The next six games are going to be the litmus test of the 2014 season.

Largent80

Reaction score
Hawknballs":2wpze5j1 said:
SF doesn't have to leave the west coast for the last five weeks, and their only 'trip' is a short flight to Seattle

Home against Washington
Home against Seattle
Home against San Diego
Home against Arizona

They are pussies anyway, we will destroy them.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":39273k4n said:
I mean.. I really hate reading the Seahawk fans go on about how the league is out to get us and how the refs hate us and how we never get respect and on and on.. but I can't think of a defending Super Bowl champion in recent memory that got shafted this badly on the schedule.
There's a damn good reason you don't recall a defending SB Champion getting this shit laden schedule dowsed on them, and it isn't paranoia, it's recognition, and damned hard to ignore, ESPECIALLY when you see all the bogus Officiating.
It's an accumulation of bad calls that meters the Wins & Losses, and close scoring losses are very telling.
Did we actually play some games that we out & out lost?, damned right we did, and I have no problem with that, but you never want to have the Officials making game changing calls like they have done this Year.
Some are excusing the Officials blunders, saying that they are making calls against both teams, but they have been lopsided, and more liberal with calls that go against the Seahawks.
Seems like the flags come out when the Seahawks start getting in a rhythm, or gaining momentum.
I'm done with my rant, and now ready to put it all behind me, because I'm probably in a minority, and I'm not going to get in a pissing match with anyone who wants to write me off as a conspiracy theorist.
We all have the right to be right or wrong every now and then, eh? :)

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Not sure how the league can be blamed here. We play in the toughest division in football, faced the AFC West (three hot teams) and the 'better than expected' NFC East. Not to mention last years division winners in the rest of the NFC.

Whichever way the schedule fell... this was going to be rock hard. We've had barely any gimmie games this year. Every week has been a grind.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I understand and kind of agree but if you would have asked me, win a Lombardi and have a tough schedule, or don't and have an easier one, I'll take the Lombardi and the tougher schedule! You're the champs, you get a tough schedule, so be it!

My bigger gripe is the breaks the gave the niners, and how they get all their players back off of suspensions just before they play Seattle favorable travel schedule etc. Arizona though is the fly in Rog's/NFL's ointment, LOL.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Seattle, unfortunately, is maybe 2 or 3 plays away from 8-2 with the league's hardest schedule. The end would be less aggravating if that was the case.

What sucks is the NFC East didn't.

irocdave

Reaction score
Hawks have NOT been the beneficiary of officiating this year, same as almost all of the Hawks campaigns. Except for last year. The Hawks had several questionable calls go their way last year, people seem to forget that. This year? Welcome to being a Hawk fan or welcome back if you've been watching for awhile.

Yea, not having more than one (and that was mandatory) prime time game at home sucks and the tail end of this years schedule turns out to be brutal. That's what happens sometimes to SB winners. There is the convenient excuse that the Hawks smoked everyone at home and that got the networks nervous, but look at the prime time games this year. Most have been blowouts. Personally, I'm OK with the NFL making it more difficult this year. I feel that the NFL gods (and the NFL striped influencers) blessed the Hawks last year. This year, not so much. There are numerous posts on this site as to why the Hawks are struggling this year and they are mostly legitimate reasons, including this one. Anyone that thinks this team is a couple plays away from being dominate like last years team are not watching the game closely. And yes, the refereeing plays a part in the overall performance.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
irocdave":2twq6yaj said:
Hawks have NOT been the beneficiary of officiating this year, same as almost all of the Hawks campaigns. Except for last year. . And yes, the refereeing plays a part in the overall performance.
But that's the whole point of this discussion, at least it is for me anyhow.
The Officials should NOT be able to steer ANY of the game one direction or the other.
It puts a taint on the integrity of whole professional landscape, and harkens to the days when syndicated criminals were running the numbers, bribing Officials and the like, to make them filthy rich, and I emphasize the word "Filthy"
It's not inconceivable that VEGAS knows who's going to be kissing the Don's ring, and you can also wager that they aren't going to come out the other side with empty pockets..... ahem...fixed fights, fixed races, fixed GAMES.

lucky49

Reaction score
you guys make fun of the niners for being mad about nfccg officiating and now this lol

NINEster

Reaction score
Largent80":zstfe21h said:
Hawknballs":zstfe21h said:

Home against Washington
Home against Seattle
Home against San Diego
Home against Arizona

They are pussies anyway, we will destroy them.

LOL.

NINEster

Reaction score
lucky49":1xrg31sq said:
you guys make fun of the niners for being mad about nfccg officiating and now this lol

When some of us said that last stretch of games was gonna be brutal to close out their season back in April many were dismissing it as nonsense.

Now that the Hawks are struggling, it's a tough schedule.

49ers & Cards have had better home/road splits against common opponents than Seahawks/Rams, save the Broncos game.

Latest posts