So confusing. Good…but confusing

GemCity

Reaction score
Not only am I wondering who we’ll pick but, I can’t even say with confidence that the position will be offense or defense. It’s not the “…we need Dline (we do). Oh FFS who the f*%# is LJ Collier” type of draft.

Geno’s contract threw me for a serious loop. If we would’ve signed him to a long term deal, you could’ve easily predicted Carter or Anderson at 5. But the way it’s structured….would we really take the 3rd or 4th “serving” at QB this draft?

I think the contract is awesome for both sides. It gives the Hawks options while Geno goes out, chip on shoulder and all, and does his thing.

BUT…the other thing that gets me is I doubt we have this high of pick(s) in the near future. Do they have a QB pegged for next year? If so, will he be unobtainium?

I would’ve been ok with a 4 year contract for Geno. I relented for my previous sin of doubting him. Why didn’t we lock him up longer?

I know there 4,567 draft posts and that you all here know about as much as I do about who we will select.

The nervous, anxious anticipation is…excruciating.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
I think the contract is awesome for both sides. It gives the Hawks options while Geno goes out, chip on shoulder and all, and does his thing.

It looks unbelievably team-friendly to me. Given what Carr and Jones got around the same time, I find it startling that Smith was willing to take so little in guarantees and give the Seahawks a realistic "out" as soon as 2024.

BUT…the other thing that gets me is I doubt we have this high of pick(s) in the near future. Do they have a QB pegged for next year? If so, will he be unobtainium?

One possible way for the Seahawks to get an early pick in next year's draft would be to trade down from #5 with a QB-hungry team that's likely to be bad in 2023 (assuming the four most-famous QBs in the draft are not all taken with the first four picks), and get a 2024 first-rounder as part of the haul.

The nervous, anxious anticipation is…excruciating.

I'm actually having some fun, and I'm really glad to have .NET to allow me to enjoy this time with other Seahawks fans.