Another wild theory <> Would love feedback and ideas.

bowzerbird

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a theory . . . . About Marshawn Lynch. The guy is amazing, strong, powerful, great movement etc.. So many athletes get hurt, bottom line [Even in warmups] . Look at our precious Brandon Mebane, the most current example and he's out for the duration WHAH!!!.

I think Marsh has a special UNIQUE GENETIC MAKEUP. What I mean is, maybe the ligaments, cartilage, tendons, muscle & bone structure that he has is genetically superior to most humans. Had a friend who, in her 90's was in great health and had a saying: "If it isn't swimming in grease, it's not worth eating." She had high cholesterol but genetically, was superior to others in her age bracket and younger. Genetically, she was superior to everyone her age. Could run, get down on her knees & back up <> no help. Use tools, no arthritis. I could go on, trust me, in better health than most.

And that's what I'm saying about Marsh. I wish they could do some genetic testing on him. The rest of the Hawks could take some advice from him in how to work out, warmup, eat, rest, sleep, and LIVE. But his physiology is almost super human. Maybe an exaggeration but ya all get what I'm sayin'. The older Marsh gets, the better HE gets: more powerful, focused, in-tune etc.. Doesn't come to training YET . . . BOOM, in tip-top-shape. What was he doing to keep himself IN shape before the games??

If the Hawks got Doctors, therapists, chiropractors, trainers etc. that know what I'm talkin' about, they would check my theory out. Man, I KNOW I'M ON TO SOMETHING HERE! If anyone agrees, please like this post and let's see what happens [put it on FB]. Our guys can benefit from genetic knowledge. They don't need drugs, they need knowledge of what can improve them physically.

And there are supplements that bodybuilders use for specific physiological needs. Athletes use them too. There are specific training schedules, diets, supplements, sleeping & daily activities that teams have started incorporating into their individual athletes specific needs.

The Philadelphia Eagles' strength & conditioning coach has incorporated a program [For more than a year, Chip Kelly's program has been illustrated and chronicled through a string of fast-paced practices, protein shakes, sleep cycles and video game statistics] into improving his team players.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...chip-kelly-with-philadelphia-eagles-long-term

Anyway, I feel I'm on to something. Could be wrong BUT genetically, there ARE superior athletes. Michael Phelps is one. His physiological makeup [long waist, bigger lungs & more] contributed to his winning. And many more athletes JUST like him with superior genetics.

Just a thought to ruminate on.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
There's likely some merit to your thought process. Great examples are baseball pitchers like Nolan Ryan, Tom Seaver, Warren Spahn, et. al. who pitch for 20 years and never have much in the way of arm issues. Sure, some of that was technique but I've always thought some was just body superiority. John Riggins was an effective RB into his mid-30s, Bruce Mathews played o-line in the NFL til he was almost 40 IIRC. Marshawn may be one of those guys. Time will tell. If he is, I hope it tells as a Seahawk.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
You seem to be conflating 2 separate ideas:

1 - Lynch is genetically superior

2 - Lynch's lifestyle and training regime are the secrets of his success.

The latter it could be argued is down to the way the Seahawks train and coach him already and the former seems a bit silly to me.

netskier

Reaction score
With two factors, say A and B, there are three possibilities:

1. Factor A, or

2. Factor B, or

3. The combination of both factors, aka the interaction of the two.

I strongly doubt that I could perform as he does even if I could somehow completely execute his lifestyle and training regimen.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
This might explain why.

" Delisa was alone from the very start, but she always believed Marshawn would be special. She remembers when he was born the midwife discovered two placentas. It meant Marshawn was supposed to have a twin, she was told. And it meant something else.

“They told me, ‘Don’t be surprised if he grows up to be really strong,’ ” she says."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/marshawn-mom-life-big-fairy-tale-article-1.1591139

OP
OP
bowzerbird

bowzerbird

Reaction score
netskier":10j3vfwp said:
With two factors, say A and B, there are three possibilities:

1. Factor A, or

2. Factor B, or

3. The combination of both factors, aka the interaction of the two.

I strongly doubt that I could perform as he does even if I could somehow completely execute his lifestyle and training regimen.

That's what I'm getting at: Genetic testing could find "what he's made of" and with the aid of all kinds of supplements, training and man, not being a geneticist, whatever, they might be able to find the "secrets"

OP
OP
bowzerbird

bowzerbird

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":1yeu4870 said:
This might explain why.

" Delisa was alone from the very start, but she always believed Marshawn would be special. She remembers when he was born the midwife discovered two placentas. It meant Marshawn was supposed to have a twin, she was told. And it meant something else.

“They told me, ‘Don’t be surprised if he grows up to be really strong,’ ” she says."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/marshawn-mom-life-big-fairy-tale-article-1.1591139

Man, that is chilling. Have to check it out. Haunting. :idea:

hawkfan68

Reaction score
If he's genetically superior, then why does he miss practices? Why does he have to skip a practice or two each week?
Shouldn't he be able to participate fully anytime since he is genetically stronger than everyone else....
Just a little food for thought.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
hawkfan68":3742rmvl said:
If he's genetically superior, then why does he miss practices? Why does he have to skip a practice or two each week?
Shouldn't he be able to participate fully anytime since he is genetically stronger than everyone else....

Beastmode practices when Beastmode wants to practice.

OP
OP
bowzerbird

bowzerbird

Reaction score
hawkfan68":16s63e4m said:

Love your AVVY. BTW.

That's what I'm sayin'. He CAN miss practice because he may not need it. Proved it in the games he's been playin'. Look at all the guys who are getting hurt [a BIG WHAH! I wanna CWEYE!]. But not MY MAIN MAN, MARSH! So, how does he do it? Me thinks, possibility . . . GENETICS.

MARSHAWNPINCHCRABcopy zps519cef36

Had to include this. Marsh LOVES his Skittlezzzzzz

scutterhawk

Reaction score
bowzerbird":i0pwsff4 said:
Hey guys, I have a theory . . . . About Marshawn Lynch. The guy is amazing, strong, powerful, great movement etc.. So many athletes get hurt, bottom line [Even in warmups] . Look at our precious Brandon Mebane, the most current example and he's out for the duration WHAH!!!.

I think Marsh has a special UNIQUE GENETIC MAKEUP. What I mean is, maybe the ligaments, cartilage, tendons, muscle & bone structure that he has is genetically superior to most humans. Had a friend who, in her 90's was in great health and had a saying: "If it isn't swimming in grease, it's not worth eating." She had high cholesterol but genetically, was superior to others in her age bracket and younger. Genetically, she was superior to everyone her age. Could run, get down on her knees & back up <> no help. Use tools, no arthritis. I could go on, trust me, in better health than most.

And that's what I'm saying about Marsh. I wish they could do some genetic testing on him. The rest of the Hawks could take some advice from him in how to work out, warmup, eat, rest, sleep, and LIVE. But his physiology is almost super human. Maybe an exaggeration but ya all get what I'm sayin'. The older Marsh gets, the better HE gets: more powerful, focused, in-tune etc.. Doesn't come to training YET . . . BOOM, in tip-top-shape. What was he doing to keep himself IN shape before the games??

If the Hawks got Doctors, therapists, chiropractors, trainers etc. that know what I'm talkin' about, they would check my theory out. Man, I KNOW I'M ON TO SOMETHING HERE! If anyone agrees, please like this post and let's see what happens [put it on FB]. Our guys can benefit from genetic knowledge. They don't need drugs, they need knowledge of what can improve them physically.

And there are supplements that bodybuilders use for specific physiological needs. Athletes use them too. There are specific training schedules, diets, supplements, sleeping & daily activities that teams have started incorporating into their individual athletes specific needs.

The Philadelphia Eagles' strength & conditioning coach has incorporated a program [For more than a year, Chip Kelly's program has been illustrated and chronicled through a string of fast-paced practices, protein shakes, sleep cycles and video game statistics] into improving his team players.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...chip-kelly-with-philadelphia-eagles-long-term

Anyway, I feel I'm on to something. Could be wrong BUT genetically, there ARE superior athletes. Michael Phelps is one. His physiological makeup [long waist, bigger lungs & more] contributed to his winning. And many more athletes JUST like him with superior genetics.

Just a thought to ruminate on.
Well, You are off to a good start by admitting that you are on something, so now all you gotta do is stop..er..uh.....never mind :p
All kidding aside, IMO, strength and conditioning, proper nutrition, good sleep habits etc. will work for everyone to some degree, but, I don't know that you can run any kind of test in general that will give you the "Silver Bullet", and you can't diagnose drive, or heart of a player.
Steve Largent wasn't anything extra special physically, but he had work ethics, and a desire to take his intelligence, and abilities to become a HOF Receiver.
Players now a days (in general) bigger, faster, and stronger than they were 25 Years ago.
There are always going to be exceptional athletes (men amongst boys), but I think that they're pretty much spread out amongst us all, in all sports.
Things seem to come easier for them to master, and some have to work their asses off, just to be average in the NFL.
Exceptional players, usually rise to notice pretty quick....Earl Thomas is also one of a very few that will in all likelihood, become a HOFer, because of his intelligence, understanding of other player positions as well as they themselves do.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":3buwxim8 said:
This might explain why.

All I needed to know. Pay that man what he wants. Keep SuperBeast.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":29rb0hmn said:
hawkfan68":29rb0hmn said:

Beastmode practices when Beastmode wants to practice.

haha...good point!

hawkfan68

Reaction score
bowzerbird":2wxexz6i said:
hawkfan68":2wxexz6i said:

Love your AVVY. BTW.

That's what I'm sayin'. He CAN miss practice because he may not need it. Proved it in the games he's been playin'. Look at all the guys who are getting hurt [a BIG WHAH! I wanna CWEYE!]. But not MY MAIN MAN, MARSH! So, how does he do it? Me thinks, possibility . . . GENETICS.

MARSHAWNPINCHCRABcopy zps519cef36

Had to include this. Marsh LOVES his Skittlezzzzzz

Thanks (about the avvy)!

Well you make a good case...it could very well be that he misses practice because he doesn't need it....the Allen Iverson way (Alen would always say he hated practice and didn't need it). It doesn't matter if he's not practicing because he shows up on game days and quite effective most of the time.

irocdave

Reaction score
He obviously has genetic traits that most of us do not, same with all NFL players. The ability to stay healthy, I think, has several facets. Genetics, training / diet / ability to protect the body when being forced in to a position to be injured. I also think in Lynches case his build is perfect for the was he plays the game. Ever wonder why when he stiff arms some one it doesn't look like much but the defender gets knocked off balance or better yet, knocked on his can? He has short arms. I bet he can bench more than most on the team. Guys with long arms have a more difficult time with bench presses. Same thing for squats. It's about leverage, Lynch has a compact but thick body, so does RW. Their torso's are built for taking shots and in Lynches case, those short legs and arms allow him that jab / stiff arm that surprises defenders and also keep his legs under him and moving with guys hanging all over him. His stout torso also gives him great balance, hardly ever see him knocked off balance like most backs. Short steps at the right time and quick feet, cant do that with long legs and big feet.

frosted21

Reaction score
Shawn Lynch is a monster. He's not a human. He's a monster. I think that's what you're getting at.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Regarding the Placenta story (twins) maybe that's why he has the strength of two men?

Gametime

Reaction score
Another way of looking at this is not only the strength of his joints, tendons, and ligaments, but pain tolerance. I had a buddy in college that simply didn't feel pain like normal people. I am a combat vet and have a high pain tolerance but this guy blew my mind. He could burn himself and not blink. No sweat, no movement, no reaction. I mean a burn that left a scar! (I know because he took money from me in proving this). Let's not get into his social or mental abilities though. :)

Part of this could simply be that Lynch is not slowed by the smaller "nicks and cuts" that hobble lesser "non-beasts". I have a few people threw the years that I've known that played in the NFL and in talking to them about it, pain tolerance was a strikingly consistent thing that they pointed to in the success or failure of talented athletes coming from college. The game we all get bent out of shape on from our couches is brutal on them (for most positions and Hauschka after trying to tackle)

I think the Lynch may just not process pain like 99% of people do. Certainly could be a part of his consistency.