12s have been average?

12thManHawkFan

Reaction score
I heard this on KJR this morning. Can we make a push to get fired up in the stands from here on out? We gotta sweep at home and anything we can do to help should be made a priority. We need that electricity! :vodka:

summesm

Reaction score
I agree . Seems most average as I ever seen/heard it. I can look around my section and I'm only one standing yelling when were on defense at times and I also noticed when we are loud it's till play ends hey lets keep the volume up so it's tougher for visiting team to get next play called . We're still the loudest greatests fans but I seen/heard us do lots better.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The one thing I noticed at the raider game was the fans were not loud enough when Oakland was in the huddle. After that they/we were fine.

marko358

Reaction score
When Oakland was on offense, I recall seeing lots of sitting fans with closed mouths when the camera panned the crowd.

King Dog

Reaction score
Probably lots of "fake" fans attending now that the Hawks won the Super Bowl and it's the trendy thing to do.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Long time season ticket holders are cashing in and selling expensive tickets to games they aren't as interested in. When Arizona and SF come to town it will be loud.

SC

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I think it's a combo of;

1. Longtime season ticket holders taking advantage of success and making a lot of money selling their tix, which results in not only them not being there, but maybe even selling to other team fans.

2. Fans not having the angry pent up anger out to prove something edge that we've always had here in the NW because we've never won. Now we've won, more chill attitude at games.........and thus not as noisy.

Slick

Reaction score
Before the Raiders at 4-3 a lot of people had this attitude.

[youtube]xAZU6DYwTDM[/youtube]

TheHawkster

Reaction score
Tailgating was real laid back.
There was no energy walking into the game .
No smack talk, no sense of urgency.
Raiders fans were like looking at trick or treaters.
Some impressive but most were just sad and pathetic.

Then, we get into the game and nobody is coming back from injury.
In fact, more guys were out. Go Hawks!
I called it a glofified practice on FB in the 2nd qtr.
The backside of our roster with the backside of our playbook vs a bad football team.
Turned out to be a fun game but, it looked like everyone bet on us to cover.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
The crowd and the team feed off each other. When the defense isn't getting off the field, not getting turn overs, letting the opponent convert third and longs or hell fourth and long. Just hard to stay amped. Not to mention when offense finally gets on the field and goes 3 and out, more demoralizing. I'm on my feet yelling every down, but it's been rough and i'm sure for others who aren't quite as prepared as myself it's hard to keep up the energy and enthusiasm.

But I'll also admit, when I look around my section, I see A LOT of new faces. I think others are right about people cashing in and getting people who have no idea what our job is at the game. A good sign of the crowd being full of new people, is when you get the "Sea-Hawks" chants on a big offensive play that didn't result in a TD and RW is still on offense trying to tell the crowd to simmer down.

Lastly, I think the whole being loud thing for Century Link is starting to become a non-factor. Teams are preparing for it. It's one thing to not know anything about it and show up ill-prepared. The whole being loud thing has been talked about in the media for a while now, so teams prep it in their practices for a week (some fail) and when the crowd is noticing that the home team is getting more false starts than the opponents. Hard to stay amped up.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
TheHawkster":18uvvtj0 said:
Tailgating was real laid back.
There was no energy walking into the game .
No smack talk, no sense of urgency.
Raiders fans were like looking at trick or treaters.
Some impressive but most were just sad and pathetic.

Then, we get into the game and nobody is coming back from injury.
In fact, more guys were out. Go Hawks!
I called it a glofified practice on FB in the 2nd qtr.
The backside of our roster with the backside of our playbook vs a bad football team.
Turned out to be a fun game but, it looked like everyone bet on us to cover.

No Energy - Team has been playing poorly, you go to the game wondering if you're going to make it out of this game still in the playoff hunt.

No Smack Talk - WHY?!? Has our team established they are in any kind of place to be smack talking when we lose to the Rams and barely get past the Raiders?

Raiders fans ALWAYS look like trick or treaters, that's what they do.

As for tailgating - I hate the fact that if you want to tailgate, you have to do it in parking lots a mile from the stadium. It just doesn't have a good tailgate feel for me. When I imagine tailgate, I imagine that HUGE parking lot surrounding the stadium full of people tailgating.

Chawks1

Reaction score
The TV cameras showed the decibel level in the 90's on one drive. I remember the announcers made a comment on how loud it was and I was thinking it is usually 125+ db when we are reallllly making noise. New 12's attending need to get with program and get LOUD!

seahawksny

Reaction score
Bitter":2xbj8fgv said:
Rich bandwagon season ticket holders actually attending games this year.

From watching on TV, they seem to have been quiet even from game 1 vs Green Bay. Thats how it seems on TV in my opinion. Nothing like last year or even in years past.

The above comment from Bitter is probably very accurate, and unfortunately the same scenario that has plagued the Mariners since 2001 on a much smaller scale ( THANK GOD) . Unfortunately its inevitable that this happens, where people that really dont care nor know nothing about the sport snatch up the ticks because its the popular trend at the time. This will take its toll in the crowd noise and im sure the lifelong 12's can spot these people in a bat of an eyelash. The problem with this is that these fans dont care if the teams win or lose., so the fan support will be there as a result of ticket sales, but the homefield advantage might not be.

The difference here is that Allen, and Schneider are well aware of how to build a product instead of the late Mariner owner who used Ichiro as his vehicle to sell tickets without surrounding him with talent, and why should he have between 2002 and 2014? They were making money, so it didnt matter. Fortunately most of the Seahawk fans are more loyal than the Mariner fans and wont accept losing. Remember when we booed Hasselbeck towards the end? If Russell Wilson looks like that toward the end, he probably will get booed too. Not that Hass had anyone around him at end, so it wasnt his fault.

Its inevitable that the rich non loyal will attend the games, and hopefully we wont experience ANYTHING resembling 2002-2013 that the M's had, but things turn quickly, and if the fans arent heard, the owners wont hear, and nothing will be done about it. Fortunately Allen and Schneider arent oblivious to this team or to the sport as whatever that awful owner was for the M's

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Too many bandwagon fans and we are not the same team as last season. I hate fairweather fans.

twelthmanfan

Reaction score
Being a season ticket holder in section 138, so far this season, we have not had the same people sit next to us on either side or above us for that matter. One game the person next to us told the loud couple in front to please sit down!! As was stated before, not the same loudness as before but our D is on the field a lot more as well and yelling for me gets to a point of almost passing out. A few 3 and outs would be great.

tooshort

Reaction score
In my section last year I would estimate
98% "standers"
85% "knowledgeable screamers"
5% "clueless chanters" (mostly from the asinine timing of the Phish "WILSON" chant)
10% "completely uninvolved"

This year has been plagued by a lot of entitled aftermarket buyers and first timers,quieter and loud at the wrong times
75% "standers"
50% "Knowledgeable screamers"
30% "clueless chanters"
20% "completely uninvolved"

TheHawkster

Reaction score
ZagHawk":3hqkiiy5 said:
No Energy - Team has been playing poorly, you go to the game wondering if you're going to make it out of this game still in the playoff hunt.
No Smack Talk - WHY?!? Has our team established they are in any kind of place to be smack talking when we lose to the Rams and barely get past the Raiders?
Raiders fans ALWAYS look like trick or treaters, that's what they do.
As for tailgating - I hate the fact that if you want to tailgate, you have to do it in parking lots a mile from the stadium. It just doesn't have a good tailgate feel for me. When I imagine tailgate, I imagine that HUGE parking lot surrounding the stadium full of people tailgating.

This is exactly what I've always dreaded if we eventually won a title......
Folks feel like the team needs to dominate every week to create a response from fans.
When you walk into the stadium, leave your voice. period.
Life is what YOU make it.

We've been talkin trash for a lifetime with a .500 or worse record.
Whats changed? Fans now have a title and are lazy.
I've missed 3 games in 11 years and my voice is still gone.
2 buddies from work went for their one game a year and had a great time but no loss of voice.

If you're embarrassed by the Rams game, thats your problem.
That was one of the greatest uses of gadget/trick plays in NFL history.
Fisher knows Carroll and used it to his advantage....again.

Pre-game/ tailgate here is awesome. You dont have to pay to park if you dont want to.
you can take a train, tailgate, go to a bar, go to touchdown city, its a choose your own adventure.
There are tons of fans in those huge parking lots that would love 5-10 bars 200 yards from their stadium.

seanoob

Reaction score
I was in section 145 and it didn't seem that loud. The raiders fans in the section helped us out when their offense was on the field. It sounded a lot louder on the broadcast, but I never needed my earplugs at any point during the game.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
The lack of prime time games at the Clink is the biggest problem. The momentum created for the players and fans from those game is incendiary. With the NFL keeping us out of the lime light its hard to SHOW THE WORLD what we are made of.

Itll be interesting this weekend as this game is being shown all over the country and the boys have won 2 straight with a chance to move 2 games up on the division and increase their position in the wildcard race.