12s have been average?

AgentDib

Reaction score
NINEster":wqf5ptd6 said:
I find it fascinating how everything bad that happens to the Niners and made a big stink about here has happened to the Seahawks as well, but downplayed as if no big deal
There will always be some fans who want to minimize noise around their team and other fans who want to blow it out of proportion. You are truly fortunate to be so easily fascinated by this common occurrence.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
NINEster":25ogg9qf said:
I find it fascinating how everything bad that happens to the Niners and made a big stink about here has happened to the Seahawks as well, but downplayed as if no big deal:

1) Locker room issues
2) Home crowd not quite the same this season

The less than stellar crowd in Santa Clara has nothing to do with the expensive seats and rich bandwagon type fans, of course. Suddenly the strong Candlestick crowd is too lazy to make the drive to the new stadium. :roll:

Even the overall play of the two teams' offenses are struggling for very similar reasons (running game not committed to, OL issues, QB play not up to prior year levels due to defenses catching up to said offense).

Maybe just maybe, most NFL fanbases and teams are more similar than you think.

So did you make a similar post to this on the 49ers board and the boards of the 30 other teams?

NINEster

Reaction score
bigtrain21":1zuysitk said:
NINEster":1zuysitk said:
I find it fascinating how everything bad that happens to the Niners and made a big stink about here has happened to the Seahawks as well, but downplayed as if no big deal:

1) Locker room issues
2) Home crowd not quite the same this season

The less than stellar crowd in Santa Clara has nothing to do with the expensive seats and rich bandwagon type fans, of course. Suddenly the strong Candlestick crowd is too lazy to make the drive to the new stadium. :roll:

Even the overall play of the two teams' offenses are struggling for very similar reasons (running game not committed to, OL issues, QB play not up to prior year levels due to defenses catching up to said offense).

So did you make a similar post to this on the 49ers board and the boards of the 30 other teams?

Well I'm not the only cross poster here between forums. So not sure what you're trying to suggest?

And to the other poster, it seems heavily weighted on here the homer-ism. Don't tell me it's 50/50 on here. More like 80/20.

Homerism is fine, just don't act like it doesn't apply here when one is quick to bash the rivals.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
NINEster":3fuawahb said:
bigtrain21":3fuawahb said:
NINEster":3fuawahb said:

Well I'm not the only cross poster here between forums. So not sure what you're trying to suggest?

And to the other poster, it seems heavily weighted on here the homer-ism. Don't tell me it's 50/50 on here. More like 80/20.

Homerism is fine, just don't act like it doesn't apply here when one is quick to bash the rivals.

So you say that all fans from all teams are very similar which includes us, then you tell us we are more homers than other fans. I don't think you even get your own point.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
King Dog":1c7vwili said:
Probably lots of "fake" fans attending now that the Hawks won the Super Bowl and it's the trendy thing to do.

Pathetic. Who are the fake fans? The ones who are buying the tickets to actually go to the game, or the the ones who are selling them to cash in on the success?

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Can't speak for anyone else but I stood up and yelled my ass off at the Dallas game

RiverDog

Reaction score
StoneCold":1hcyjr8a said:
Long time season ticket holders are cashing in and selling expensive tickets to games they aren't as interested in. When Arizona and SF come to town it will be loud.

SC

That's not what I've heard. Earlier this season when I was looking for game tickets, I read that the primary reason why ticket prices on the open market had skyrocketed was that more season ticket holders were hanging onto their tickets than in the past, which limited supply and drove up prices. Of course, there were other reasons, like our schedule in September and early October, the time of year when it's nice to visit Seattle, being against teams with feverish fan bases that travel well, ie Packers, Broncos, and Cowboys.

Secondly, I can't imagine a person that's a big enough football fan that they'd spend over a thousand dollars on season tickets NOT being interested in games against the Packers, Broncos, and Cowboys. Who in the hell is not going to be interested in seeing Peyton Manning for crying out loud? It's not like he comes here once a season.

Steve2222

Reaction score
I always laugh at the suppose correlation of being rich meaning you can't be loud. Like being loud at football game is something only the working class can do.

Anyways, I've been to well over 60 games at CentLink. When we're playing a terrible team or ahead big in games, the crowd is not as hyped up. It's just simple human nature.

I was at the season opener this year and that game was just as loud as NOLA in the 2010 playoffs. The bigger the game the better the crowd is.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Steve2222":27g6vau6 said:
I always laugh at the suppose correlation of being rich meaning you can't be loud. Like being loud at football game is something only the working class can do.

Anyways, I've been to well over 60 games at CentLink. When we're playing a terrible team or ahead big in games, the crowd is not as hyped up. It's just simple human nature.

I was at the season opener this year and that game was just as loud as NOLA in the 2010 playoffs. The bigger the game the better the crowd is.

Truth.

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":czodzlho said:
I think it's a combo of;

1. Longtime season ticket holders taking advantage of success and making a lot of money selling their tix, which results in not only them not being there, but maybe even selling to other team fans.

2. Fans not having the angry pent up anger out to prove something edge that we've always had here in the NW because we've never won. Now we've won, more chill attitude at games.........and thus not as noisy.

Long time season ticket holder here been almost to every game since 1976 true loyal fan here , no matter what the team does.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I have folks around me that pretty much go to every home game for the past X years. They don't really yell other than 3rd down (I'm not sure their reasons), but they are there for every high five during a great play and take bad plays probably even worse than I do. Are these guy's not fans? despite making it a point to remain a STH through all these years, probably driving 2 hours each of their day every Sunday to watch these games?

firebee

Reaction score
Seriously though... I've noticed this too just from watching the games on TV... The crowd just wasn't into the game against Dallas and it seemed their was more cheering for Dallas than their was for the Seahawks. Even my dad thought that game was being played in Dallas. He actually asked if the Hawks were playing in Dallas about halfway through the 1st Quarter.

With that said... STOP SELLING YOUR TICKETS TO FANS OF OPPOSING TEAMS.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Steve2222":1qonkraw said:

I always laugh at the correlation that not being loud means you're not a true fan or you're not enjoying the game correctly. As long as they're not telling you how to enjoy the game, who the hell cares?

SonicHawk

Reaction score
We were 4-3, playing Oakland, after winning a Super Bowl. The fans were taking a quick break.

peppersjap

Reaction score
The fact is that a ton of people are selling there tickets this year to make there profit. Last year was the best year I've ever seen in the stadium, almost all Hawks fans. The Cowboys game this year was horrible in my area with punches being thrown and the Cowboys cheers were challenging ours and at the Broncos game it looked like the side behind there bench was mostly Bronco fans. I saw a ton of people in Hawks gear leaving early at the the Broncos, Cowboys and Raiders game. I really couldn't believe people would walk out on a game where Manning was getting the ball back down by 8 with around a minute to go. The regulars who are there are still there in full spirit but it definitely is not the same experience it has been in the past and so glad we aren't trying to play the noise record game right now because we would lose because a ton of our seats are being filled by people from the other team.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Steve2222":36i14ojc said:

My post wasn't to say that rich people can't be loud (though I can certainly see how it would be taken that way.) More that there are a lot more people there this year likely using their season tickets as opposed to unloading them more often than not and that people with season tickets that tend not to go to the games themselves are likely to be well off because somebody that has to re-arrange their budget to fit them in will be attending every game they can.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
Living in Iowa and reduced to TV coverage outside the yearly STL game and KC this year it is definitely noticeable even on air. Come on 12's I'd give just about anything to be there every week .

BocciHawk

Reaction score
I'm going to make the obligatory comment.

This is a Seahawks fan message board.

It is a complete waste of time to come on here and complain about the level of noise inside the stadium on game day.

Those of us who have the privilege of being at the games are not the problem. The people who are a problem aren't on this board. They just aren't.

More to the point, it's actually a little offensive -- as someone who lives in Seattle and has been at every game for the last 16 years -- for someone to come on here and claim that the locals aren't doing enough. We are.

If you feel strongly about it, log off the goddamn Internet, get some tickets, come down and show us how it's done.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
I went to the Cowboys game and thought the Clink was pretty good for the most part.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
For the record I wasn't calling people out I just want to hear what we are capable of. When we are at it its hard to hear the announcers on tv even. Just hasnt been that way this year.

Latest posts