12s have been average?

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
twelthmanfan":pn6q4fus said:
Being a season ticket holder in section 138, so far this season, we have not had the same people sit next to us on either side or above us for that matter. One game the person next to us told the loud couple in front to please sit down!! As was stated before, not the same loudness as before but our D is on the field a lot more as well and yelling for me gets to a point of almost passing out. A few 3 and outs would be great.

That would make me so mad if someone told me to sit down and not be loud. Especially if I knew they were a fair weather fan. They would definitely get a piece of my mind.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
BlueBlood":pvvl8mrf said:
The lack of prime time games at the Clink is the biggest problem. The momentum created for the players and fans from those game is incendiary. With the NFL keeping us out of the lime light its hard to SHOW THE WORLD what we are made of. .

I think there's something to be said for this, we do get more geared up (and liquored up) for prime time games.

It certainly was loud for the GB game.

idahohawk

Reaction score
Bill Simmons, who has always said the CLink is one of the toughest venues in the NFL called the 12s out on his podcast Monday. I can't argue with him. The Superbowl has made us fat and happy. Need to get that swagger back. Derek Carr just came to the CLink and the crowd had little to no impact on the game. Unacceptable.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
idahohawk":8jz8bvak said:
Bill Simmons, who has always said the CLink is one of the toughest venues in the NFL called the 12s out on his podcast Monday. I can't argue with him. The Superbowl has made us fat and happy. Need to get that swagger back. Derek Carr just came to the CLink and the crowd had little to no impact on the game. Unacceptable.

I think Mother Theresa and Gandhi are the only two people left in the history of time that Simmons hasn't called out.

Largent80

Reaction score
Um, we screamed our asses off in San Diego, and we had probably 45% of that stadium, I am so proud of our efforts in that game at least.

Yeah, we have too many people selling tix off and have people sitting on their hands.

It definitely sounds less impressive on t.v. this year.

minormillikin

Reaction score
The higher second-hand ticket prices definitely have an effect. Anyone who goes to away games knows the most laid-back fans are in the expensive seats, and the most insane (potentially drunken and dangerous) fans are in the cheap seats.

I am constantly scoping second-hand tickets for deals, and they are a good 25-50% more expensive than last year (and last year was not cheap).

Higher average ticket prices=more laid back fans. . Plus, expensive tickets are more likely to be bought by visiting fans, who are already willing to spend big bucks for hotel and travel.

As far as getting cheaper tickets.. Borrow/find yourself a mobile printer and a laptop with an air card. Park somewhere near the stadium on gameday and log into stubhub. Once the ball is kicked off, ticket prices plummet. For the Raiders game, cheap seats went from about 125 a piece to around 60. It won't be quite that cheap for most games, but it's the latest example.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Watching the game on TV against the Raiders it definately didn't sound as loud. I could hear Carr barking out the signals as easy as I heard Russ. I try to get tickets for a game every year. With having to drive from Spokane and put up money for a hotel and parking it can get fairly expensive. This year I just couldn't find any tickets that would fit within my budget. Just seems to me that the ticket prices and therefore the resale of them has priced some of us die hard vocal 12s out and brought in the fat cat bandwagoners or the just plain trend followers in.

Being a True Blue 12 means having knowledge of the culture of Seahawks football. People want to follow a winner. 12s need to cheer for THEIR Seahawks!

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I think the fact they played the Raiders had a lot to do with it. Cardinals/Niners games should be loud as usual.. Giants, who knows..

Cyrus12

Reaction score
The loud fan like me can't shell out the $$$$ for a couple tickets to a Raiders game..with travel and hotel it would be way cheaper to go to Vegas right now.Same thing happened in Vancouver with the nuks, became a trendy thing to go to a game dressed in your affliction shirt and text all game long....worst fan experience ever!! After this season things will go back to normal...

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
My tix are almost a bill a game, and I'm plenty loud, always have been. Just because tix are expensive, doesn't mean the people in them are not as loud. Maybe the rich folks over in club seats though :D

drdiags

Reaction score
We Suck Again!!!

It will be alright in due time. Let the high-rollers move on to the next big thing, until then just have to enjoy those that enjoy you.

Exittium

Reaction score
So its not my hearing or the TV, it truly has seemed a lot quieter during the games? Because I swear it seems like it from home. Which is just sad, super lack of energy, and even from home its like " jfc you guys get pumped up.. wtf people are sitting? Why so quiet.. holy hell!"

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And yes, the Raiders game was VERY quiet in comparison to other games imo. It was clearly a game where they seemed to be just going thru the motions, the team and many of the fans. I expect it to be plenty loud on Sunday.
This is the same team that had a GM call out the 12th Man and accuse us of pumping in sounds. We all know how that turned out.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
idahohawk":19zvxida said:
I agree brother. But the team also has to play with more heart. Just remember how we feel sitting here at home as frustrated as we are, the 12s at the CLink feel the same way. Now it is our turn to make some noise this weekend, let's do this!!
Probably has a lot to do with all the "new" fans taking in game sand not know the expectations of a 12 at these home games

AgentDib

Reaction score
CLink has always been variably loud depending on the opponent and situation. The stadium was as quiet as it has ever been in the first half vs. the Buccaneers last year, for example, but the noise picked up a lot as we got back into the game and the crowd felt like they mattered. The Raiders game this year was going to be quiet no matter what, and the SF game will be as loud as it was last year. I haven't noticed a trend in the fans this year as much as a difference in the situations.

Also, each section sort of has its own thing going on. Mine typically stands on defense, sits on offense and anybody who minds the noise brings earplugs. It is courteous to sit if everybody in front of you is sitting but there is no limit on noise; earplugs are a thing and are inexpensive.

Riley12

Reaction score
I'm not one to talk, but I will anyway.

I haven't been loud the past two games. For the Dallas game, there was a little kid in front of me holding his ears when I would yell. Sympathy got the best of me there. Last week, I was with a friend who was there to check out an NFL game and soak up the atmosphere. I was only loud when he went down to the ProShop for a while.

In general, it has been a brutal season in terms of yelling. The defense just hasn't been getting off the field and it is very, very difficult to get the noise cranked up again after getting gut punched with 3rd and long conversion after third and long conversion. The energy stays low because the offense comes out and stinks up the place. The frustration of an anemic offensive series carries over to when the defense comes out. It is a vicious cycle. Flags for stupid procedural stuff and unnecessary holds have been flying all over the place too. Those are like kicks to the groin too, especially if it negates something big or stalls a drive.

The team feeds off the crowd but the crowd feeds off the team and the moment

ZagHawk

Reaction score
TheHawkster":lmputb1y said:
ZagHawk":lmputb1y said:
No Energy - Team has been playing poorly, you go to the game wondering if you're going to make it out of this game still in the playoff hunt.
No Smack Talk - WHY?!? Has our team established they are in any kind of place to be smack talking when we lose to the Rams and barely get past the Raiders?
Raiders fans ALWAYS look like trick or treaters, that's what they do.
As for tailgating - I hate the fact that if you want to tailgate, you have to do it in parking lots a mile from the stadium. It just doesn't have a good tailgate feel for me. When I imagine tailgate, I imagine that HUGE parking lot surrounding the stadium full of people tailgating.

This is exactly what I've always dreaded if we eventually won a title......
Folks feel like the team needs to dominate every week to create a response from fans.
When you walk into the stadium, leave your voice. period.
Life is what YOU make it.

We've been talkin trash for a lifetime with a .500 or worse record.
Whats changed? Fans now have a title and are lazy.
I've missed 3 games in 11 years and my voice is still gone.
2 buddies from work went for their one game a year and had a great time but no loss of voice.

If you're embarrassed by the Rams game, thats your problem.
That was one of the greatest uses of gadget/trick plays in NFL history.
Fisher knows Carroll and used it to his advantage....again.

Pre-game/ tailgate here is awesome. You dont have to pay to park if you dont want to.
you can take a train, tailgate, go to a bar, go to touchdown city, its a choose your own adventure.
There are tons of fans in those huge parking lots that would love 5-10 bars 200 yards from their stadium.

Who said I don't leave my voice at the games? I do my part.

Do I expect us to dominate every game? no. But I do know the Hawks are capable of so, so much more than what they are showing right now. Especially when it's stupid crap like false start penalties hurting the team something you yell your ass off EVERY DOWN for the OPPOSING TEAM to do, not your own team.

As for trash talking, yeah maybe that's you talking trash when you're sub .50, but that's just never been me. Hell even over .500 I'm not a trash talker. Talking trash is what's required to be a good fan?

The Rams game was embarassing because our team got owned by stupid things. I know our team is capable of so much more. The falcons game in 2012 was not an embarassing loss, it was a collapse in the end and great play by Matt Ryan. The Rams game we were beat because of trick plays that although are surprising, are really NOT that surprising given the history. Didnt we get beat by a fake field goal in 2012? just saying a fake punt should NOT have been a surprise, that's why it was embarassing. Fisher knows Carroll, but Carroll knows Fisher too. Fool me once, shame on you, Fool me twice, shame on me.

I'm sure the crowd for tailgate is fun, I've done my share. It is fun. But again. I just wish we had a big parking lot surrounding the stadium with EVERYONE there. You have to admit, that would be just much more fun and would bring the crowd that much more together rather than forcing them to scatter. Sucks even more that they took away what little parking in front of clink to put in that monstrosity of a condo tower.

What Riley said above, the crowd and team feed off each other. When you watch the team go 3 and out on offense, and the opposing team's offense converting 3 and long over and over again. You try your best to do your part, but even the crowd gets tired and emotionally drained. The big plays are just not there on either side of the ball, and the crowd really needs to feed off that. I think every game last year had at least a big play or two on both sides of the ball for the crowd to just rally and continue. This year, really I feel like there has been maybe 5-6 big plays total and 2 of them came from this last Raiders game. Opposing teams are playing the Hawks better, but it also doesn't help when the offense involves RW running for his life, TEs dropping balls, and really that pass to Kearse on Sunday (which resulted in a defensive PI) was the first big pass in like HOW LONG?!? Past two years there were a lot of big plays often involving Miller, Rice, and Baldwin. This year outside of the Packers game, we haven't seen much. Heck even the big Beast Mode runs been far and few between. those are really needed to get a crowd of 65k going.

My 2 cents.

NINEster

Reaction score
I find it fascinating how everything bad that happens to the Niners and made a big stink about here has happened to the Seahawks as well, but downplayed as if no big deal:

1) Locker room issues
2) Home crowd not quite the same this season

The less than stellar crowd in Santa Clara has nothing to do with the expensive seats and rich bandwagon type fans, of course. Suddenly the strong Candlestick crowd is too lazy to make the drive to the new stadium. :roll:

Even the overall play of the two teams' offenses are struggling for very similar reasons (running game not committed to, OL issues, QB play not up to prior year levels due to defenses catching up to said offense).

Maybe just maybe, most NFL fanbases and teams are more similar than you think.

Latest posts