UCLA vs Oregon. Tied at the half

JSeahawks

Reaction score
UCLA out "athleted" the Ducks in the first half. Been worried about this game all year.

Ducks D is also blitzing WAY too much. Blitzing themselves right out of half the run plays.

UCLA has an amazing amount of young talent. 2 or 3 years from now they're winning the National Championship if they have a good QB after Hundley. As much as I disliked Mora in Seattle, he's great as a recruiter (although UCLA is probably one of the easiest places to recruit to in the country).

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Really bummed that Mora never made it to UW. Fans were calling for him since forever, and I swear the school didn't even try to offer him a job. Sorry to get off topic but I was just thinking today...WSU, ASU, and UA all hire established head coaches...UW hires an offensive coordinator from USC who many considered to be average...

Anyway, go UCLA :)

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I think if I could steal any player from another Pac 12 team it would be Myles Jack. Can't believe the Huskies let that guy away. (From Bellevue high school).

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Ducks back in control of this game. If it wasn't for the stupid Ducks miscues ... this one would have been over by now. Fumbles, bad snaps, ...

SeatownJay

Reaction score
JSeahawks":w6jgzn5v said:
I think if I could steal any player from another Pac 12 team it would be Myles Jack. Can't believe the Huskies let that guy away. (From Bellevue high school).
Yet another example of Sark's "recruiting prowess".

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Mariota just broke pac 12 record of most consecutive passes without an int. I wonder if there's ever been a QB that started every game and went through an entire season without throwing an interception? I honestly cant even remember one of his passes hitting a defenders hands this year (i'm sure its happened... but I sure don't remember it).

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
joeseahawks":xzall3t8 said:
Thought highly of UCLA QB Hundley ... I'm not impressed tonight.

Hundley is a little bit like the college version of Jake Locker to me. Great athlete and he has all the parts you could want, but the parts dont add up to the QB that he should be.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
In 2009, Russell Wilson broke an NCAA record of consecutive throws without Interception: 325. Yup ... our own Russell Wilson .

HawkWow

Reaction score
Jeeeez, down 21, Mora punts on 4th and 6 with 7:00 left in the game? Sissy move, Jim.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I don't see how you pass on Mariota if he declares. And if you don't, how can he not? Even if he has to sit @ #2 for half a season, I think he's got more upside than Bridgewater (and the rest). Gonna' be a QB rich 1st rd, for sure, but I don't see how Mariota can stay at UO. It would be foolish (and he won't be missed, haha).

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
HawkWow":2kfjf0a7 said:
I don't see how you pass on Mariota if he declares. And if you don't, how can he not? Even if he has to sit @ #2 for half a season, I think he's got more upside than Bridgewater (and the rest). Gonna' be a QB rich 1st rd, for sure, but I don't see how Mariota can stay at UO. It would be foolish.

"Insiders" say he's going to be back. Said he promised his mom that he wouldn't leave UO without his degree.

I agree with you though, I think he should go. I just hope he doesn't go to Jacksonville or Tampa Bay. I'd hate to see him stuck on a truly shitty roster on a truly shitty franchise.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Tampa Bay, Minnesota, Jacksonville, Cleveland need a QB.
What do you think of Sean Mannion as a pro? I live on the east coast and I don't remember any "experts" even mentioning his name as a prospect. He might not be a mobile QB, but he has been amazing this season for the Beavers.
HawkWow":1c0gridi said:
I don't see how you pass on Mariota if he declares. And if you don't, how can he not? Even if he has to sit @ #2 for half a season, I think he's got more upside than Bridgewater (and the rest). Gonna' be a QB rich 1st rd, for sure, but I don't see how Mariota can stay at UO. It would be foolish.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
joeseahawks":33imnruz said:
Tampa Bay, Minnesota, Jacksonville, Cleveland need a QB.
What do you think of Sean Mannion as a pro? I live on the east coast and I don't remember any "experts" even mentioning his name as a prospect. He might not be a mobile QB, but he has been amazing this season for the Beavers.
HawkWow":33imnruz said:

Thread about Mannion here:

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=74297

HawkWow

Reaction score
JSeahawks":15quhpfy said:
HawkWow":15quhpfy said:

"Insiders" say he's going to be back. Said he promised his mom that he wouldn't leave UO without his degree.

I agree with you though, I think he should go. I just hope he doesn't go to Jacksonville or Tampa Bay. I'd hate to see him stuck on a truly shitty roster on a truly shitty franchise.

I hear that JSea. We may never get to see him play again if he ends up in Florida. I was talking to a friend of mine the other day. St. Louis grad, like Mariota (but much older). I didn't realize Mariota was actually the #2 QB at St. Louis when UO (etc.) came calling. Damn good scouting. St Louis is a powerhouse here in Hawaii. I think Chow once coached there, if I'm not mistaken.

Marcus had a so-so day today (drops didn't help) and he still took his team through a damn good team like a hot knife through butter. Can't wait to see his future and wish I could buy stock.

HawkWow

Reaction score
What was the story on D. Thomas in the 2nd half? Almost smelled of disciplinary action.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
HawkWow":2t5048zz said:
I hear that JSea. We may never get to see him play again if he ends up in Florida. I was talking to a friend of mine the other day. St. Louis grad, like Mariota (but much older). I didn't realize Mariota was actually the #2 QB at St. Louis when UO (etc.) came calling. Damn good scouting. St Louis is a powerhouse here in Hawaii. I think Chow once coached there, if I'm not mistaken.

Yup. He was committed to the Ducks before he ever started a varsity game.

The Ducks have another current commit right now, Morgan Mahalak, who was in the exact same situation, and just might be the next great Ducks QB.