USC

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Odgeron should hire himself out as an interim coach. Perfect personality for it, fiery, loud, intense. I've always liked him. I think Kiffin kind of neutered them a bit.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
What do you guys think of the coach from EWU. He almost upset my dawgs 2 years back, and he went and upset the Beavs this year.

Does a guy like him get a shot at a big name school or does he need to prove himself at a Tennessee for a couple years?

jkitsune

Reaction score
ClumsyLurk":1bj3vww7 said:
What do you guys think of the coach from EWU. He almost upset my dawgs 2 years back, and he went and upset the Beavs this year.

Does a guy like him get a shot at a big name school or does he need to prove himself at a Tennessee for a couple years?

USC would be PANNED for plucking an FCS coach when they have arguably the most desirable coaching vacancy in the country. USC is a legendary FBS program with enormous numbers of NFL ties. Doing a great job with a top FCS team is a far different beast than a team that expects to be a perennial national title contender in the FBS, recruiting and graduating NFL prospects.

Which is a long way of saying, yes, the EWU coach will need to coach at lower-level FBS teams first.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
We saw what happened when an EWU coach made the jump to a Pac 12 school last time...

Whoever gets hired at USC needs to keep Odgeron as d-line coach/asskicker recruiter. The guy is an absolute stud, just don't ask him to outscheme anybody. Leave that to more complicated men.

I don't think Chris Peterson would work in LA, you kind of have to play the game down there to succeed. Look at the guys who won, Pete Carroll, John Robinson, John McKay, and the guys who failed, Kiffin, Paul Hackett, Larry Smith, Ted Tollner. Difference in personalities.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
jkitsune":139h615l said:
USC would be PANNED for plucking an FCS coach when they have arguably the most desirable coaching vacancy in the country. USC is a legendary FBS program with enormous numbers of NFL ties. Doing a great job with a top FCS team is a far different beast than a team that expects to be a perennial national title contender in the FBS, recruiting and graduating NFL prospects.

Which is a long way of saying, yes, the EWU coach will need to coach at lower-level FBS teams first.
Right on, I hope he gets called up soon, will be interesting to watch if he pans out.