Andrew Vorhees (USC G)

AgentDib

Reaction score
Vorhees was an interesting day 2 iOL prospect prior to the combine due to his versatility, playing at both guard and tackle and on the left and right side. Not the longest arms at 32 1/8" but long enough combined with his 6' 6" frame. Very good run blocker who sometimes had problems with leverage in the passing game due to his height and the difficulty of staying low enough. Then he unfortunately tore his ACL doing drills which will probably sideline him all of 2023 and drop him into day 3 or UDFA.

However, here is what he did after he tore his ACL.

38 reps is more than we've seen in a couple of years and Vorhees did it with a recently torn ACL in a brace.

I wouldn't hesitate at all to use a pick on Vorhees and let him redshirt for a year. Why wouldn't you want a guy like this in your locker room?

nwHawk

Reaction score
Heart! Big man is going to bring everything he has for the team that drafts him.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I like Voorhees.

I think Seattle should take a flyer on him around Round 2 or 3.

ACL injuries are nothing now. This guy is an absolute unit with a nasty demeanor mentality that will pancake defensive lineman regularly!

12forlife

Reaction score
If we grab a Center in rd 2-3 JMS, Wypler or Tillman, then grab Voorhees with one of our 5th rd picks. Then Voorhees will be ready to roll next season '24 in time to protect our new QBOTF. I'm assuming they go after a QB next year. I'm hoping they have their eye on JJ McCarthy!