Where the Coug fans at?

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Throwdown":1howe28u said:
Southern Utah tho...

Yea, but the way the Cougs have been the last five years, you gotta celebrate any win! Plus, i'm sure you'll be celebratin the win over Idaho State next weekend!

seahawk2k

Reaction score
I'm not going to really celebrate doing what they are expected to do. I'm happy though as they haven't, you know, blown out hardly anyone in the last six years.. Going over there for the Homecoming game against Idaho next week. Should be another easy win, and then another litmus test against Stanford. Its exciting that they are playing like an actual competent Pac 12 team so far though.

minormillikin

Reaction score
They played a weak opponent the way a good team should play a weak opponent. This is a clear improvement for WSU.

Halliday's 5td 1int day puts him at 6td/6int for the season, straightening things out.

On defense they seemed to have played down to the competition in the first half, but pretty much shut them down in the 2nd.

The kicker is still my favorite player, because he looks like Bobby Hill, from King of the Hill.

kearly

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1di5oa8t said:
Throwdown":1di5oa8t said:
Southern Utah tho...

Yea, but the way the Cougs have been the last five years, you gotta celebrate any win! Plus, i'm sure you'll be celebratin the win over Idaho State next weekend!

I will celebrate us not losing that game. Unless it's a tie. Screw that.

CrimsonWazzu

Reaction score
I forget to post in here.

Cougs are very tough in D. I'm still on edge about the offense but after Stanford in 2 weeks we will have finished the gauntlet of ridiculous defensive fronts, and we will be in the shootout part of our schedule.

I like the timing of today's and next weeks games. Basically gives the team 2 scrimmages to knock out all the adjustments they need to make without burning out our starters, I count 2 home cupcakes as a virtual bye week in terms of getting healthy and resting starters.

Our games are going to be bipolar all season. Teams who want to play tight, they will be boring and low scoring. Teams who want to chuck it around, we will oblige and shoot it out with them.

Stanford game will be fun in the Clink in 2 weeks. We outplayed them for the most part last year and we have some potential mismatches in our favor with them if our OL can avoid getting annihilated by the rush.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Good job Cougs. Way to beat who you are supposed to beat and steal one down in SOCAL.

Street

Reaction score
Could very easily be 4-0 right now...really deserved to win the Auburn game with how they played

seahawk2k

Reaction score
I get the feeling thats not the first time we're going to say that this year. This team is close to being a 7 win team, but I'm not sure Halliday or a couple guys on the o line are the ones to get them there this year. Its a hell of a lot of fun watching competitive football again though. Excited for Stanford this Saturday. I want to see how this WSU front seven holds their own against Stanford's o line. Love the 7 pm start, planning a nine or ten hour long tailgating session.

DohBoy

Reaction score
I see them winning seven: Three in the bag, Cal and Utah are probables, a split of Potato Salad U./Sun Devil C.C. (both in Pullman) and then a close win vs. the Purple Panties Corporation.

And then next year the Cougs make real noise.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
seahawk2k":1ag2oztm said:
I get the feeling thats not the first time we're going to say that this year. This team is close to being a 7 win team, but I'm not sure Halliday or a couple guys on the o line are the ones to get them there this year. Its a hell of a lot of fun watching competitive football again though. Excited for Stanford this Saturday. I want to see how this WSU front seven holds their own against Stanford's o line. Love the 7 pm start, planning a nine or ten hour long tailgating session.

I don't see this Stanford game going well for you guys. Stanfords front 7 just wrecks offensive lines. Although I think its probably easier to go to quick pass plays against them then it is to run against them, so you have that advantage.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
No argument, I anticipate it being a pretty bad offensive showing by WSU. The only front in the Pac 12 that compares in scheme and physicality to Stanford is USC, and the Cougs had a lot of trouble protecting the quarterback and moving the ball. They gave up 10 sacks to Stanford last year, but threw for 400 something yards. Granted, that was with Jeff Tuel, a much better qb than Halliday. The WSU o line had a ton of trouble with line stunts against Auburn and USC, I anticipate seeing stunts and zone blitzes in droves against Stanford. If by some miracle Halliday has time to throw, I think there is some advantages for WSU down the field. But just getting the ball out is a tall order.

I think WSU's defense will keep this game reasonably competitive, in the range of 14-17 points. The defensive scheme is all about flow and playing downhill, which is the one style and scheme Stanford has had trouble with over the years. If you read and react against Stanford, you are screwed.

ChrisB Bacon

Reaction score
DohBoy":2g9n9ca9 said:
I see them winning seven: Three in the bag, Cal and Utah are probables, a split of Potato Salad U./Sun Devil C.C. (both in Pullman) and then a close win vs. the Purple Panties Corporation.

And then next year the Cougs make real noise.

Lol they are not beating UW in Seattle. That game could get real ugly, real fast.

ChrisB Bacon

Reaction score
DohBoy":13kastze said:
I can't hear you over your lawnmower.

ibjDGvebaY44JI.gif

Nice.