Jared Abbrederis watch... this kid BELONGS in Seahawk blue.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
I don't know why I love this kid... probably because every highlight of Russ's senior year there was a #4 on the other end catching the ball. The guy has an uncanny ability to make big plays.

Today's stat line: 2 catches for 122 yards and 2 TD's. Crazy.

He had 2 other balls thrown deep to him, but both were way underthrown, as he had totally outrun coverage (he's faster than given credit for). His explanation for what happens screams why this guy will be a good pro (if not a great one):

“As a receiver, every ball thrown to you, you should catch,” Abbrederis said. “I didn’t do that today, so I’m kind of disappointed. … As an attacking receiver, you want to make sure you get it, go get the ball, try to high-point it or seal the (defensive back) away from you and go get it. Stave, or any QB, just throws it up and has faith in you, you’ve just got to go get it for him.”

I like watching this kid play. He's a winner, much like his famous counterpart #3.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I can definitely imagine Russell trying to talk Pete and John into this kid. They had a nice connection there at Wisconsin.

chris98251

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2jo84w4u said:
I can definitely imagine Russell trying to talk Pete and John into this kid. They had a nice connection there at Wisconsin.

If he has the measureables I'm sure they will, Wilson may not have influence if that nature yet but I'm sure he has gained respect to at least follow up a suggestion and have him scouted well.

kearly

Reaction score
I know every white WR gets compared to Jurevicius around these parts, but Abbrederis deserves that comp more than most. Great blocker, great possession WR, great deep threat, great hands, solid athlete. Clutch gene. Only major difference is that he's 3 inches shorter, but 6'2" is nothing to scoff at and he plays even bigger than his size on deep stuff. I'd take him in the 4th round without blinking. Objectively speaking, he might be a day 3 talent but he'd fit our offense like a glove and we already know he has chemistry with Wilson.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
kearly":124cy2kl said:
I know every white WR gets compared to Jurevicius around these parts,
And his last name is hard to pronounce and spell.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Abbrederis is one of my favorites I'm watching closely this season. He is much faster than what you'd consider a possession receiver. Very versatile too. He's a guy who works hard at his craft in many ways, including route running.

Latest posts