Your Madden Draft

Seabean

Reaction score
A two-year lurker, but new poster here. Okay, I am betting I am not the only one here who likes to dominate as the Seahawks on Madden. I am sure I am not alone in letting his mind slip from the real to the digital world when Percy Harvin went to the Hawks ("Hawks may not win the SB in real life, but it's a guarantee in Madden 25!"). With that said, I have read and much appreciated many dream drafts, realistic drafts, etc. I have yet to read a good Madden draft. Since we are now neck-deep in the draft silly season, I pose this question to you:

Due to the fact that Madden poses no real world consequences (if it does, you need to take a step back from the controller), what would your ideal Seahawks Madden draft be?

-Do you spend all your draft capital to move up and try to snag the top prospect you really want (mmmm... Richardson... after all, those late round picks hardly make the Madden rosters anyway)?
-Do you now take those problem children whose character/off-field flaws would scare you away in the real world (Michael, Mathieu, D. Rogers, etc.)?
-Do you take those players dropping with injury concerns (Lattimore, Carradine... heck, I turn off injuries on Madden)?
-How about those players considered raw or disinterested (Ansah, Patterson, Short, C. Washington... I can raise a player's awareness far easier than his speed!)?
-Do you take those players that you feel EA sports are bound to overrate (Mathieu, Teo, Austin, B. Jones)?
-Do you take the players from your favorite college teams to guarantee they have success at the next level (chalk Alonso, Boyett, and Clay up for me!)?
-Perhaps it's exactly the same as it would be in real life?

So as we are biding time until Thursday, tell me: what players do you dream of leading to that decade-long Seahawks dynasty on the joystick?

NYCoug

Reaction score
Funny thing is, I just picked up a used copy of Madden 13 for $45 bucks after work this week. I should have done my homework though, as I was disgusted that they got rid of importing draft classes from NCAA Football! The plan was to buy a used version of NCAA football, fix the player ratings and download the real names, try and get as realistic a draft class as possible, and then import it onto Madden, simulate all of the results from this season, and have a "mock draft." It ain't happening, likely saving me countless hours that could be better served (or could they?)

I was actually going to return the game but decided that for 45 bucks it was worth having for the next 5 months before Madden 25 comes out. So for now, I'll just start a coach career with Pete Carroll (starting with the rosters from training camp of LAST year, which is kind of fun), simulate through this season and makes the moves like Avril, and trading for Percy, etc. Just can't believe they really got rid of importing draft classes. That was the best part in my mind.

As for the type of Madden draft, I go with the same as in real life. Anyone Schneider and Carroll bring on board is bound to be a beast in Madden!