Your most hated teams?

OP
OP
Fitz the Ram

Fitz the Ram

Reaction score
Galen96":2bbyyrav said:
I highly suspect even their own fans hate them..... There's just nothing likeable about that team... although I do like rice-a-roni... now I'm torn... nah.. I still hate that franchise.

i started singing the song in my head, then remembered we were talking about the whiners and immediatly cursed rice-a-roni! now i hate them even more for ruining one minute rice!!

Throwdown

Reaction score
49ers, they know why

Steelers, chumps! i hope but nothing but the worst for that franchise

Packers, Whitney little bitch ass punks, specially their QB.

Cowboys, how can a fanbase that hasn't accomplished squat in years be so cocky?

Redskins, these fans are 100% the worst in football, worse than the cowboys, or 49ers.

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
1: NY Giants.. Mediocre team that people think are elite with an average QB.
2: SteAlers.. Obvious lifelong hatred after SB XL
3: 49'ers.. Mostly for the amazing amount of blind homer unknowledgable fans and the way they seem to forget how shi**y their team was just 3 years ago. Also, how they talk about dominance when they have had only 2 good seasons in a long time. That they talk about owning the NFC west when since the merge hawks have 5 div titles to their 3.

I hope for these teams to lose every single week.

drdiags

Reaction score
I am usually pretty blase in regards to opponents but the one team that got my goat was the early 2000's Rams. I still remember that disaster at Seahawks stadium in 04 when McDonald (?) won it with the long score in overtime after the Seahawks blew a 17 pt lead. Isaac Bruce and his helmet at mid-field mocking the fans. And the 0-3 record that year against them, with Torry and the boys saying they own the NFC West. In a round-about way, I had a lot of respect for them because they were the king of the hill back then during the Greatest Show on Turf.

Now the 9ers have my attention and I want to beat them. I have respect for what they have done and I really am not that worked up about any supposed rivalry, since that seems like something that you cannot force and has to grow on its own. I hope this can groiw into a Ravens-Steelers yearly slobber-knocker.

I think it is the fans of other teams in general that get on my nerve. Some just want to argue and troll for the sake of it and the idea of talking football doesn't happen. The Packers, Cowboys, Patriots, AFC West, Eagles, Washington skins along with those LG stealing Vikings are teams/fans I tend to notice getting a reaction out of me.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Erebus":11eo0v1i said:
I noticed one common denominator amongst most answers. Rings. There is a direct correlation between how many rings a team has and how hated they are.

Maybe it causes their fans to keep bringing up past success, thus leading to the hatred.
But, that's just it. It's the bling they like, not the team. It's the what have you done for me lately so I can brag about it crowd. Definite superiority complex thing going on with some of those teams fans. Obnoxiousness meter overload. In all honesty, I don't mind the non-bandwagon fans of those sorts of teams (that is, if any can be found.) Still, such a breed gets to use past success they as part of their shtick. That is an enviable position, but that in itself isn't necessarily reason for hatred toward them. It's what it does to most of them.

But, to fans of other teams... I suppose this all sounds a bit like this exchange from Rocky III (1982):

Paulie: I don't like these people.
Rocky Balboa: You don't like em'? Well maybe they don't like you either Paulie.
Paulie: [in awe] What'd I ever do to them?

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Fitz the Ram":spm0v4i8 said:
Erebus":spm0v4i8 said:
I noticed one common denominator amongst most answers. Rings. There is a direct correlation between how many rings a team has and how hated they are.

Maybe it causes their fans to keep bringing up past success, thus leading to the hatred.

Even if the whiners had 0 rings id still hate them the same. thats just me though.
Good man. Now you're just trying to flatter us.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Fitz the Ram":27y5nlvv said:
TeamoftheCentury":27y5nlvv said:
Oh, sir. Say it isn't so. Your hatred is a badge of honor!

I give respect where it is deserved :)
Ah man, I really pride myself on hating on other fans. Don't suck me in.
Ok, I was one talking up Tavon Austin on this site before the draft. I loved watching him in college. I hate that he's with the Rams. I'm hoping he doesn't ruin even one of our Sunday's now. I was showing my boys his Walter Payton-esque high stride stutter step. (Before the draft) One of my boys, then, did that in a spring league game (not hot-dogging, but for a reason ;) ) in order to juke the opponent. He asked me if I saw his "Tavon Austin" move. For the record, he will now be referring to any such future maneuvers as the "Walter Payton" move.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
It has always been about the fans behavior to me. I love the underdog, so I will pull for a team that isn't supposed to win. But not the Niners.

They were the only fans I knew that respected a team less for beating them. The only ones that used absolutely no logic in their rhetoric. It is easy to hate a team that beats yours, but just admit that is why. At least the fans of AZ and STL will tell you they hate you because they lost and because the team was good. A Niner fan would die before admitting the Hawks are good. Total denial and they have ALWAYS been that way.

No question that it is the Niners, but it only gets cemented more every year. My final point of no return situation was when Willis speared Hass while running to the End zone in 2009. The laughter and cheering on their boards was topper.

OP
OP
Fitz the Ram

Fitz the Ram

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":26t1mfs4 said:
Fitz the Ram":26t1mfs4 said:
TeamoftheCentury":26t1mfs4 said:
Oh, sir. Say it isn't so. Your hatred is a badge of honor!

I give respect where it is deserved :)
Ah man, I really pride myself on hating on other fans. Don't suck me in.
Ok, I was one talking up Tavon Austin on this site before the draft. I loved watching him in college. I hate that he's with the Rams. I'm hoping he doesn't ruin even one of our Sunday's now. I was showing my boys his Walter Payton-esque high stride stutter step. (Before the draft) One of my boys, then, did that in a spring league game (not hot-dogging, but for a reason ;) ) in order to juke the opponent. He asked me if I saw his "Tavon Austin" move. For the record, he will now be referring to any such future maneuvers as the "Walter Payton" move.

lol wow, thats high praise for him, though he hasnt played yet in the NFL.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
1. 49ers- Cause their coach is well this isnt the shack...
2. 49ers- Fans are annoying as hell. You guys sucked for so long and were MIA but now all of a sudden you guys are back. Please go back to the MIA status..
3. 49ers- Your QB is a complete arse...You will see as he starts making big bucks..
4. Cowboys- Just cause there owner/Gm is Jerry Jones.

The Radish

Reaction score
After all those years in the AFC West I still hate the Chiefs.

But Denver Broncos and Oakland Ray-Duhs have life time reservations in my hatred of teams.

:les:

kira

Reaction score
I live in Boston so the team I hate the most is the Pats, while a lot of people say you should hate your rivals while true but your hated team is also your 2nd most loved team you tend to even fallow them as much as your own team. Plus the reason you root for them to lose is because you respect them. A good example of it if your heated rival is bad for 3+ years you feel sad because its just not the same and your own love for your team aint quite the same then even if you wont admit it your praying that they get better because its so much fun when both teams are good. or am I just crazy?

The Radish

Reaction score
kira":18p9bcu3 said:
I live in Boston so the team I hate the most is the Pats, while a lot of people say you should hate your rivals while true but your hated team is also your 2nd most loved team you tend to even fallow them as much as your own team. Plus the reason you root for them to lose is because you respect them. A good example of it if your heated rival is bad for 3+ years you feel sad because its just not the same and your own love for your team aint quite the same then even if you wont admit it your praying that they get better because its so much fun when both teams are good. or am I just crazy?

Hey Kira,,,,,welcome to Seahawks.net

:th2thumbs:

kira

Reaction score
The Radish":2mpz7hy0 said:
kira":2mpz7hy0 said:

Hey Kira,,,,,welcome to Seahawks.net

:th2thumbs:

Thank you and I got your email we are going to have many fun years to bicker on who is better 49ers and SeaHawks because no matter what each teams fan base wish's(deep down inside they don't) that the other team is going to go crashing down this year the next it wont. As long as 49ers have Kap and Seahawks have Willson they will be Elite.... Plus our Division is only getting better and stronger so even if both teams only win 9-10 wins each it wont mean we flatlined or we we got worst. It just means the other teams in our division got better...... Week 2 cant come any sooner (god I pray the 49ers Org don't think that way no reason to tank the game vs greenbay)

rlkats

Reaction score
Damn you Kira you called it. LOL. I actually totally agree with ya. I hate the hawks but its because they really damn good. And in the division. If they were not in my division they would be my second liked team.

rideaducati

Reaction score
I hate niner fans. They make hating the niners so much fun. I only wish they had been around from 2003-2010 to take what they deserved. I think they'll be disappearing soon because their niners are going to return to their annual third place division finish for years to come.

kearly

Reaction score
I'm drawn to under-rated things and I hate over-rated things. So naturally, my favorite players are the under-appreciated ones while I despise over-rated football players- particularly those who are only over-rated because of their draft hype.

Right now, my most hated NFL team is the Colts. They were the first team in NFL history last year to go 11-5 with a -32 point differential. So we're talking about a historically flukey season. For whatever reason, the sports media didn't seem to detect this. Arians won coach of the year. Andrew Luck managed more RoY votes than Russell Wilson. Most unforgivably, their GM, Grigson, got exec of the year over John Schneider. The GM who built the NFL's best roster out of nothing and just found a superstar QB in the 3rd round, lost to a no-name, average GM who benefited from a fluke season despite a series of no brainer, cookie cutter decisions to build his (below average) team.

If the Seahawks lose to the Colts next year, it will sting worse than when they lost 21-0 to the Steelers in 2007.

Second least favorite team is probably the Falcons, who basically have 4 good players that carry the whole team. I think they are a good team, but they make my over-rated list. Steven Jackson will still be old and broken down in Atlanta, he's not going to be the difference maker people assume.

Maybe it's sour grapes, but they were extremely fortunate to beat Seattle in the playoffs. It was the ONLY 10 am start of the playoffs, Seattle got 0 points on 190 first half yards, and they somehow blew a lead with 25 seconds to go. It was such a "Seahawky" way to blow a game, so I probably shouldn't hate the Falcons for it, but it still stings. That game cost us a ring, I'm sure of it.

To round out the top 3, I'd probably include the Steelers. We still haven't beaten them, in fact we haven't scored a point on them, since SBXL. Until we get a revenge win, some antipathy will remain.