Your Favorite Announcer

hawksfanohio

Reaction score
Niehaus is my all-time favorite. I would actually rather listen to him on the radio then watch the game with Rick Rizzs growing up when they would switch broadcasts, lol. That's nothing against Rizzs because he was good too. That's just how great Dave Niehaus was. Calabro and Bill Walton for basketball. Dickie V for college hoops. Mayock and Gus Johnson for NFL now. Madden and Summerall before that. I always liked the MNF team of Al Michaels, Frank Gifford, and Dan Dierdorf. For college football nobody topped Keith Jackson.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Mushmouther is always messing up players' names. Herbstreit is good. I miss Keith Jackson.

Harry Carey and Steve Stone were a great duo on the Cubs' broadcasts. Harry had the whacky personality and Steve just really knows baseball. Ernie Harwell was amazing.

I've liked Al Michaels ever since his broadcast of the miracle on ice in the 1980 Winter Olympics.

Madden got a little goofy at times, but he was fun and definitely knew the game.

Mayock does a terrific job. I don't always agree with him, but I appreciate how he worked his way up and all the film study and research he does. He's never been one of those former players who just grabs a mic and acts like he's the $h1t.

pehawk

Reaction score
Mayock's a kepper, for sure. He at least backs his opinions up with substance.

bubbrubb

Reaction score
Definitely Musberger.....I aspire to have his suave at that age.

Gus Johnson is overrated....did anybody else want to put FOX CFB on mute this last year? A first down and he went nuts. His shtick is getting played out.

I always like Seth Davis....not sure he annouces per se, but guy like him and Mayock are just junkies for CBB/NFL. They're both great orators of their respective games.

Tical21

Reaction score
Cannot stand Musberger, just his voice, yowsers.

Calabro is the best I've ever heard, by a long ways.

Love me some Gary McCord.

Madden was so enjoyable.

Bill Walton cracks me up.

Marques Johnson.

Of course I loved Dave.

grizbob

Reaction score
Pete Gross, he made me look forward to going to work driving truck on the icy roads in AK during the '80s!!

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Gus Johnson and Bob Uecker

Why Bob Uecker? Because he's such an awesome announcer and is very charismatic. Want proof? Tell me how many people have the resume he has? He's even in the WWE HOF!

Then there's Wayne Larrivee, for one simple phrase:
[youtube]OYIjz5lAmK8[/youtube]

In soccer, I'd have to say Ian Darke and Martin Tyler are my favorites.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Hubie Brown is a color guy, but he actually provides a lot of insight to the NBA. Smart guy that knows the game from the ground up and can communicate that knowledge very quickly and easily.

Throwdown

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":13o91f3g said:
Hubie Brown is a color guy, but he actually provides a lot of insight to the NBA. Smart guy that knows the game from the ground up and can communicate that knowledge very quickly and easily.

I will 2nd this

Wish we'd get more Hubie than Reggie Miller.

pehawk

Reaction score
You don't like Reggie? What's a matter with you, son? He can do no wrong after I witnessed him bury the Knicks, in epic fashion, in my youth. Who are ya, George Lucas? Trying to piss on my childhood...

Throwdown

Reaction score
He's the WORST announcer ever, it's like he tries to be Charles Barkley, but his jokes never fly.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I like Reggie, but just like in basketball, Cheryl's got him beat behind the mic.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I dunno, I actively hope a team gives Reggie a job, just so he won't be on my TV anymore lol

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Vin Scully and Keith Jackson by a wide margain.

BTW, am I the only one that likes Dave Sims (Mariners)? He's never mentioned in these things but I think he's a total pro.

Throwdown

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3gurdcmi said:
Vin Scully and Keith Jackson by a wide margain.

BTW, am I the only one that likes Dave Sims (Mariners)? He's never mentioned in these things but I think he's a total pro.

Is he the guy who feels the need to put the rolling R in Gutierrez's last name?