Wow what a weird draft!!! POLL

Wow what a wierd draft!!!! Whats your grade?

• A

Votes: 15 16.3%
  • B

Votes: 50 54.3%
  • C

Votes: 21 22.8%
  • D

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • F

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Total voters

olyfan63

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":l9zapp7g said:
OrFan":l9zapp7g said:
I like this draft! The strange one to me is bowling ball, Small.
He reminds me of the 1980's Dallas FB for Dorsettt. Robert or something. Total wrecking ball.

I was puzzled at first too, but now...
Love this pick, after seeing his college video. Explodes into linebackers with leverage, because of his shortness.
Mostly does a nice job on pass protection, very effective, even against defensive linemen.

Defenders will need to have their head on a swivel with this guy on the field.

White Devil

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":13nuwg8n said:
I don't really see the potential for any of our guys to start this year besides Britt, and that's simply because of our lack of talent on the OL. This draft was definitely about depth and I feel like we probably did improve at least our depth at WR and OT.

I am disappointed that we didn't address guard. Carp and Sweezey were the two worst starters on either side of the ball, and nothing was done to address that.

Pete stresses competition and yet Carp and Sweezey will both be handed a starting spot without competition.

The offensive line is the worst unit on our team, and it also happens to be the area where Pete has not followed his own mantra to always compete.

Newsflash! Sweezey and Carp suck and were the main reasons Wilson had to run for his life.

Sweezey must have some heavy blackmail material because there might only be 2 or 3 teams with a bad enough offensive line (and OL coach) where he could start.

Its almost like they would rather fail with Sweezy than succeed with an actual nfl-quality guard. I don't get it. Its a fail on cable and pete and john.

WEfhNgF

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Needs coming into draft: OL, WR, DL

Drafted: 2 OL, 2 WR, 2 DL

Bam! Nailed it. And a S, LB and FB for fun! :D

And I love how Mick063 described it from above.

by Mick063 » Sun May 11, 2014 6:32 am
In a joint press conference, JS mentioned the term "redshirt" and described how this is the new "norm" now that the cupboard isn't bare.

They truly run this like USC. They expect attrition at four year increments (the rookie contracts coincidently align with college tenure in years). They have a pipeline of projects based upon specific attributes unique to position, destined to be "coached up" for a season, and thrust into the starting lineup their second year as players ahead of them are gobbled up in free agency. The Seahawks will soon float in a sea of compensatory picks, year after year, where their late round magic can really shine.

The "doctrine" is becoming increasingly easy to understand. No doubt, they will miss on players, but every draft class will provide 2-3 high end starters, many of which will eventually provide compensatory picks. Meanwhile, they stay relatively young and keep the salary structure manageable (rookie contracts).

Sums it up very well! :th2thumbs:

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
I agree with most who voted B, However I just read Kearly giving the draft a C or D. I respect his opinion so either I am overly optimistic or he is overly pessimistic. Anyways seems the majority are going with a B