Wow what a weird draft!!! POLL

Wow what a wierd draft!!!! Whats your grade?

• A

Votes: 15 16.3%
  • B

Votes: 50 54.3%
  • C

Votes: 21 22.8%
  • D

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • F

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Total voters

Rainger

Reaction score
This draft has got to be the most puzzling and intriguing draft in the 5 years of this FO. If we thought they did strange picks in the past they have completely outdone themselves this time taking unheard of people.

I am sure that each player picked have unique characteristics that "fit" the Hawks but the last 4 picks are the most obscure ever in this club that my weak memory can muster.

4 out of 9 players are so obscure that Seahawk Sailor had to scour the internet to get High School video to have something on the kids.

I am sure that some will stick and some will not but the FO has gone out of its way this draft to pick so out of the box that you need a telescope to look to space to see that box.

Here's hoping that the brilliance of some of the later picks in the past drafts come again in this one.

People can be all over the spectrum in this draft due to the diversity of selections. How do you grade it? (I know it is early and we wont know for 3 years, but what is your gut reaction?

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":2vupe10i said:
Here's a visual recap of it:

BnTpfSXCIAASSh7
That is a great recap. Good to see it all in one place on a piece of paper something I still like to look at.

I think we really do have a great chance to have another good year in Seahawks fandom. This team was already so deep in most positions that I think they were looking out of the box with their picks to see if some gem might drop from the sky.

Many are forgetting that almost the entire draft last year was red shirted so they are all still waiting in the wings for a chance to compete.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
LOL.. They started the day with 6 picks, ended up with 9 and ended up picking 6 players between the 2nd and 5th rounds. Those are Seahawk rounds.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
I really like these guys, the more I read.

A lot of depth seems to be added.

Have no idea who will shine on a team of superstars and real solid backups waiting in the wings, but I like what we did.

Tough to make the team, because if you guys didn't know WE ARE THE DEFENDING SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

Go Hawks!

Damn I can't wait for the season to start

OrFan

Reaction score
I like this draft! The strange one to me is bowling ball, Small.

acbass

Reaction score
White Devil":uc8n2opo said:
Seemed almost like one of my Madden Drafts

7Fh6T2i

I said the same thing. It's like my Madden Draft. I target the players I like and pick them regardless of where they say they will be picked (maybe use a draft guide or two, you know?) They give me F- and I win the Super Bowl every year. Kinda like real life! Seriously though, I came out of this draft really liking a lot of this talent. I can see why they made the picks they did. I love the Norwood pick, that guy is going to turn into something special. I'm fine with this draft. They obviously know what they are doing to the point even the pundits are leaving them alone. I give them the utmost deference.

Yxes1122

Reaction score
I get the feeling we'll still be hating on the O-line as the season progresses but love the WRs. And I'm in on Pinkins and Pierre-Louis even though I don't expect them to have any immediate impact. Getting Dion Bailey as a UDFA is tops too. So much depth in this secondary is awesome.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
It kinda interesting they way Pete & JS do picks. This is the second year in a row we didn't have a first round pick. It seems like the organization likes to scout the lower rounds instead of pandering to all the first round fodder. There is tons of information on the first couple round picks so why waste time researching them. They look at the players no one else does. They find overlooked, hungry, chip on there shoulder guys who are willing to whatever to make it. I don't think this aspect can be overlooked. This is the personality of our team. It has obviously worked for us in the past. Plus it has been shown that our coaching staff is good at coaching up players. Plus instead of having a first rounder they get several lower round picks and puts more guys in our camp. More competition better results. It is like a whole different look on the draft process.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":2wvc5l82 said:
I can hardly wait for next year's draft now. I kind of want to see them trade that first rounder away for a ton of mid-rounders. Do it right, and we can start pushing picks into future years, which would be awesome.
Plus all the compensatory picks we are going to get for next year.

Rich are gonna get richer!

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":1o58trbu said:
Seahawk Sailor":1o58trbu said:
I can hardly wait for next year's draft now. I kind of want to see them trade that first rounder away for a ton of mid-rounders. Do it right, and we can start pushing picks into future years, which would be awesome.

Especially when we keep drafting at #32 for 4 straight years. :th2thumbs:

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
It is just exciting to know that at least 2 of the players they picked are likely going to end up being exceptional football players that start for years. That is just a minimum based on how this FO churns out players.

I think next year might be the last year where the Hawks can take advantage of the scouting PCs staff did at USC. Since day one, PC has had a huge database of player info that he either tried to recruit or planned on recruiting at USC from HS teams. You just know that there are some players he wanted but didn't have the spots available. I'm not saying they won't find the talent, it just won't be kids they were watching for USC. JS has his own methods that are very effective.

They have been doing it for years now, on one video JS even said to the team that he has been watching some of them since their teens and hoping that he would get a chance to draft them. That it has been a pleasure to see them grow up.

Every year there have been rookies that play on this team, some starting and completely balling in the big boys league. They never draft by the pundits, ever. They draft Seahawks.

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
Wow this is a first we have a crazy draft and for the first time Prisco didn't lay into the team. He must be smarting from getting it so wrong the past few years, he is now a believer. Here is what he said:

"Seattle Seahawks: The Seahawks traded out of the first round to add picks and added a lot of good players. Second-round receiver Paul Richardson can fly and I love fourth-round picks Cassius Marsh and Kevin Norwood. Grade: B+

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":252uz1qr said:
Hawkfan77":252uz1qr said:
Seahawk Sailor":252uz1qr said:

Especially when we keep drafting at #32 for 4 straight years. :th2thumbs:
Only 4?!