Wouldnt Mind seeing Red not cleared to play

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Now before you all jump my shit and say I am just picking on Red hear me out.

I want to see Bennett start in Reds spot with Clem on the other side this week. Then on passing downs slide Bennett inside and bring in all of our spinner package guys.

Bennett gives us something Red doesnt, a pass rush on running downs and Bennett is damn good against the run as well.

I like Red (god i cant believe i said that) because the team really looks up to him and he seams like a hell of a leader. But I want to see Bennett in his place for this game. I actually think that overall our defense would be better.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
So.....what you want to see is a change and if that may mix things up. I can deal with that....this time. LOL

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Absolutely. I think Red very well may be a cap casualty next year. He is a proven leader, but id much rather have Bennett for the long haul if I had to choose. It would be great to see your theory come to fruitition this week.

Cartire

Reaction score
They've been putting Bennett at DT during some of the passing downs already. And it's been great.

OP
OP
Tech Worlds

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Cartire":2i7fgot2 said:
They've been putting Bennett at DT during some of the passing downs already. And it's been great.

Exactly. But lots of teams, us included, pass on run downs or run on pass downs. Having Bennett in more at least gives us a pass rush threat that Red just doesnt provide.

Cartire

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3nfyk9jm said:
Cartire":3nfyk9jm said:

Exactly. But lots of teams, us included, pass on run downs or run on pass downs. Having Bennett in more at least gives us a pass rush threat that Red just doesnt provide.

I would argue that watching the all-22, red does get great pressure on the qbs. He just can't finish for the sacks. But he is also double teamed a lot.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Even though I love Red, what he brings to the table for what he makes just wont work moving forward with all the cap room we are going to need.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Yeah obviously the coaches are clueless and it would be awesome if an injury to one of the most veteran players on the team forced them to finally have to start making good decisions.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
Hawknballs":2kxs4zkx said:
Yeah obviously the coaches are clueless and it would be awesome if an injury to one of the most veteran players on the team forced them to finally have to start making good decisions.

It's tricky

OP
OP
Tech Worlds

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Hawknballs":10292rch said:

Huh?

kigenzun

Reaction score
I agree. Bennett is the better choice for this particular game. And Red could use the extra rest to clear that big melon of his.

Mick063

Reaction score
Bennett doesn't have enough sand in the bucket to consistently hold up against the run. Red is a big man.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Mick063":3u6d1dyw said:
Bennett doesn't have enough sand in the bucket to consistently hold up against the run. Red is a big man.

I tend to agree with this. Guess we'll see. Hopefully Atlanta won't be the 3rd poor-running team in a row that looks all-world against us. :shock:

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1p31qjgp said:
Hawknballs":1p31qjgp said:

Huh?

It's called sarcasm.