Worst NFL injury week ever?

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
So it looks like this week the following players sustained very serious or even season ending injuries (some are still waiting for final word):

-Doug Martin
-Sam Bradford
-Reggie Wayne
-Jermichael Finley
-Brian Cushing
-Jay Cutler?

And to top it off, Don James and Titans owner Bud Adams passed away

nsport

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. \

On the lighter side, my fantasy week is also badly disrupted due to Brandon Jacobs getting worse on Saturday. Down 19 points, just needed 120 yds of offense and one TD and I would have won. :(

OP
OP
Missing_Clink

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
nsport":vp6jhtgv said:

On the lighter side, my fantasy week is also badly disrupted due to Brandon Jacobs getting worse on Saturday. Down 19 points, just needed 120 yds of offense and one TD and I would have won. :(

Can you pick up that Cox guy? You never know, he could come out of nowhere for the huge game

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Kind of ironic that the league is imposing all these player safety rules, and yet it seems like more high-profile players are getting hurt than ever.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":1ob5ei4r said:
So it looks like this week the following players sustained very serious or even season ending injuries (some are still waiting for final word):

-Doug Martin
-Sam Bradford
-Reggie Wayne
-Jermichael Finley
-Brian Cushing
-Jay Cutler?

And to top it off, Don James and Titans owner Bud Adams passed away

I heard Cushing out 6 weeks and Cutler 3 weeks. A lot more than nicked up this week

Dtowers

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":2r2utmza said:
nsport":2r2utmza said:

Can you pick up that Cox guy? You never know, he could come out of nowhere for the huge game

The Giant Cox is a long shot to plug up the hole in NY's offense.

nsport

Reaction score
Dtowers":39685c1l said:
Missing_Clink":39685c1l said:
nsport":39685c1l said:

The Giant Cox is a long shot to plug up the hole in NY's offense.

Rosters are locked after 10AM on Sunday. :(

C-Dub

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1qe86oe6 said:
Kind of ironic that the league is imposing all these player safety rules, and yet it seems like more high-profile players are getting hurt than ever.
Roger Goodell ~ "Don't go for the heads of players. That could cost us billions in lawsuits. Instead go for players knees and ruin careers. That's much better."

nsport

Reaction score
C-Dub":49enzxgh said:
HawkFan72":49enzxgh said:
Roger Goodell ~ "Don't go for the heads of players. That could cost us billions in lawsuits. Instead go for players knees and ruin careers. That's much better."

Your sarcastic remark has a lot of layers of truth to it.

Changing the target zone to lower half of the body has caused a lot of pain (pun intended!) - If a guy is twisting away from you and you hit him anywhere from the hip down, there is no twisting the body can do to absorb the impact, which is why we see more ACL, MCL, and Achilles injuries than normal - that's a much different story than form tackles to the body where the knee would never get the brunt of damage. Even the higher target dramatic hits (i.e. receiver clocked as he makes a catch across the middle) cause fewer ligament/tendon issues, albeit more concussions for sure.

This is a tough sport - guys that cannot walk, talk, or know where they are half the time - multiple generations of these guys exist. There are many who think, "that's what they signed up for, so these lifelong problems are THEIR problems, not the NFL" and others who think that the NFL is liable for their injuries. True story, on my way home from Arizona, I was talking to a TSA agent who said she sees Jim McMahon all the time - not much older than I am and dementia is taking hold. The question is, should that be the NFL's liability? Or is Jim responsible for himself? What about 2 decades of Pee Wee, high school, and college?

Latest posts