Worst defense in the NFL?

mistaowen

Reaction score
Not hyperbole - is this the worst defense in football? Dead last against the run (5 ypc), almost last pass defense, given up a couple 40 point games, bottom 3 overall rank wise. Can’t rush the QB, routinely out of position, routinely vacating entire zones, have to be near the bottom for third down rate. I’m struggling to think who is worse. They can’t stop anyone.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Not hyperbole - is this the worst defense in football? Dead last against the run (5 ypc), almost last pass defense, given up a couple 40 point games, bottom 3 overall rank wise. Can’t rush the QB, routinely out of position, routinely vacating entire zones, have to be near the bottom for third down rate. I’m struggling to think who is worse. They can’t stop anyone.

That not talent imo thats just very very very poooooor coaching, and poor prep.
A coach sets thier players up to execute and succeed but if they're being taught wrong, they're gunna execute wrong.

Hurrt is worse than KNJ

Fade

Reaction score
Pete who constructed and put together this unit and defensive staff is a good coach, or so I hear. There's nothing to worry about, they're just young. Ignore the last 6 seasons.

If you think otherwise, you must be a 49er fan. Ha-ha.

But to answer your question. Yes, they are the worst unit in the league and getting worse every week. Unacceptable.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Not very fun to watch them play D
an Understatement imo ... I want just an Average Defense at best..

We don't even have that .. at least (Coaching/scheme wise) I feel we have the talent (look at the 4 game win streak) just really poor coaching/planning

hugecanoli

Reaction score
Brock Purdy is kicking the crap out of Brady’s Bucs. who the hell is Brock purdy? Lol. Defense needs to step up Thursday

Mizak

Reaction score
Brock Purdy is kicking the crap out of Brady’s Bucs. who the hell is Brock purdy? Lol. Defense needs to step up Thursday
They just lost Deebo Samuels to a knee injury. Was carted off.

Kinger95

Reaction score
Bucs played like garbage against the saints for like all but 4 minutes. There’s moments where they just don’t play good

OP
OP
mistaowen

mistaowen

Reaction score
No toughness. No one can force negative plays. No one can get off blocks. This whole unit is an embarrassment. Getting manhandled by the god damn Panthers at home. Dudes should lose starting jobs (Hurtt too) but there’s apparently no one else on the roster who can push for a job.

morgulon1

Reaction score
No toughness. No one can force negative plays. No one can get off blocks. This whole unit is an embarrassment. Getting manhandled by the god damn Panthers at home. Dudes should lose starting jobs (Hurtt too) but there’s apparently no one else on the roster who can push for a job.
Yep. Lazy , players watching the play instead of being in the play. Out of position. Carolina just pounding it down Seattles throat. this is a shitty defense that needs rebuilt ground up. Hurtt needs to be ran off. No passion, no accountability. Pathetic.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
My expectations for the 23 season were a lot higher than what the team has shown in game one.