Witherspoon NFL Rookie DPOM

kidhawk

Reaction score

Witherspoon becomes the seventh player in franchise history to earn Rookie of the Month honors, joining Walter Jones, Rocky Bernard, Lofa Tatupu, Russell Wilson, and current teammates Riq Woolen and Kenneth Walker III, who were the Defensive and Offensive Rookies of the Month in October last season.

Congrats Spoon. Well deserved

SNDavidson

Reaction score
And all the negative depressed people got so annoying now making mods work overtime to save the site from these types. Just call them out. fun.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not to go there, but...........it would be VERY interesting to start a thread on this: Would you trade Spoon for Carter straight up?

Me thinks that MANY of those who wanted Carter would change their votes. No big deal, it just goes to show that hype and talk doesn't equal what happens on the field.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I wasn't against the pick. Although it did surprise me, 'Spoon was arguably the best defensive back in his draft class, plus it was a position of need for us. At this point, he's the best first round pick we've made since Earl Thomas, and unlike Earl, a safety, 'Spoon plays cornerback, a high value position. That's not to take away anything from ET or our decision to draft him.

As far as Carter goes, I don't care if he ends up making the HOF. It was still a wise decision to pass on him. There were just too many red flags to ignore when it came to the #5 overall.

And as far as any comparison goes, Carter fell into an almost perfect situation, with a great defense and a team that had gone to the SB the previous year. He simply added to an already great defense. 'Spoon got drafted onto a team that featured the 26th ranked defense.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I wasn't against the pick. Although it did surprise me, 'Spoon was arguably the best defensive back in his draft class, plus it was a position of need for us. At this point, he's the best first round pick we've made since Earl Thomas, and unlike Earl, a safety, 'Spoon plays cornerback, a high value position. That's not to take away anything from ET or our decision to draft him.

As far as Carter goes, I don't care if he ends up making the HOF. It was still a wise decision to pass on him. There were just too many red flags to ignore when it came to the #5 overall.

And as far as any comparison goes, Carter fell into an almost perfect situation, with a great defense and a team that had gone to the SB the previous year. He simply added to an already great defense. 'Spoon got drafted onto a team that featured the 26th ranked defense.

Same mentality as the Williams trade, some fans can only see things as black or white. It can only be awful or amazing, no room for nuance or allowing ourselves to declare something good for everyone.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Not to go there, but...........it would be VERY interesting to start a thread on this: Would you trade Spoon for Carter straight up?

Me thinks that MANY of those who wanted Carter would change their votes. No big deal, it just goes to show that hype and talk doesn't equal what happens on the field.
My god no.

knownone

Reaction score
Besides the recent injury, Carter is still one of the best defensive players in the league at a premium position. And the debate ended because it was silly and hypothetical.

Spoon is a great player. Let's move forward.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score

Arguably? CLEALY the best DB in that draft.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
My god no.
I didn't say to do it. I just think it would be a hilarious read. But you're right, god no :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
It's just typical overreaction. You didn't pick or trade for WHO I WANTED. Thus, that was a stupid draft pick and/or trade.
Gotta' let things play out. Couch experts are wrong all the time, and that's fine. It's more the blatant refusal to just laugh about it and admit how wrong people really were. We are ALL guilty of missing on our predictions etc.
Shoot, I bought a Houshmandzadeh jersey when he came here. Oops. I thought trading Russ was stupid, extra oops. I thought we wouldn't make the playoffs last year with Geno, oops. It happens. It's funny after the fact.
Pete and John clearly made a hell of a draft pick, yet again.

Last edited:

Kinger95

Reaction score
Spoon was goin at 6 to the lions so it wasn’t like they reached for him. Carter got all the way to 9, I think every team knew he could play buy to spend a top 10 pick on a guy that’s got his baggage is certainly risky