Witherspoon is #1 CB!

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I was going to make light of his coverage grade until I realized the other 4 guys in the top 5 have 4-8 years of accrued service.

However, I was also gonna say that Spoon missed like 90% of his physical development and field work throughout OTAs, TC, and PS.

What he has been able to do in just 5 games as a rookie is generational level dominance. Like I cannot remember the last time a rookie has just hit the ground running, that looks so comfortable, plays with so much swagger and moxie. like he’s been here for years, playing at an All-Pro clip. Wagner, the future HoF on the verge of cementing himself as one the best LBers of All-Time?

But what makes it even more special was just all the shock and surprise of his selection, all the build up of doubt, ill-will, and dare I say hatred towards this man on whether it was right pick, especially when he couldn’t get on the field in practice, especially in comparison to you know who.

It’s like he’s been listening, it’s like he knows, it’s like he’s vibin on it, like he staring us down, saying “You MFs want to put me in the same sentence as Kelly Jenning, GTF outta here”

I’m not gonna lie though I did had some “reservations” on his personality ya know off the field. Now I’m like,

“Snap your fingers, Do ya step,
You can do it all by yo’self, ay,
Let me see you do it, ay.”

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
So please, no more talk about Jalen "Wet Farter" Carter.
Something interesting here:
Sacks:
Carter - 3.5, Spoon - 2 ( with one taken away)
QB hits:
Carter - 5, Spoon - 3
TFL:
Carter - 5, Spoon - 2
Solo tackles
Carter - 8, Spoons - 24
Snaps
Carter 183, Spoon - 340

Here, Spoon played less games, but a lot more snaps, lol, dude plays almost every snap. Carter is a part timer.

Last edited:

94Smith

Reaction score
Question is whether he will get the INTs to get defensive rookie of the year.

94Smith

Reaction score
One can hope...but if he keeps laying the wood and shutting down receivers...its may not matter. Dude is a living highlight reel.
I agree I think he clearly is the forerunner right now but a lot of the voters just look at the numbers…. Sacks and int

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Question is whether he will get the INTs to get defensive rookie of the year.
I mean...ask Woolen/Sauce if interceptions matter when it comes to DROY

Edit: If Spoon keeps up his intense style of play throughout the season, I'd riot if he didn't get all-pro or DROY like Sauce did last year. Spoon is playing WAY better than Sauce was and it isn't even close.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score

cymatica

Reaction score
I mean...ask Woolen/Sauce if interceptions matter when it comes to DROY

Edit: If Spoon keeps up his intense style of play throughout the season, I'd riot if he didn't get all-pro or DROY like Sauce did last year. Spoon is playing WAY better than Sauce was and it isn't even close.
If Carter has a good season easy Coast bias might kick in

Rat

Reaction score
I believe Gonzalez was named Defensive Player of the Month last, but I have a feeling that being out for the season is going to hurt his award chances going forward.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
More splash plays. Sacks and turnovers. Otherwise he's getting nothing.

Just how national awards work, I'm afraid.

Latest posts