With the 26th pick...

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I'd like to see them finally get a big, athletic WR to play outside for Russ. Give me Michael Thomas, WR, Ohio State

McGruff

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":1p1odcie said:
I'd like to see them finally get a big, athletic WR to play outside for Russ. Give me Michael Thomas, WR, Ohio State
This is one of those things fans seem to want, but doesn't seem to be a priority for the team. Not that they don't want a big guy, but not at the expense of speed and RAC ability. Size seems to be more of a luxury to them.

Laloosh

Reaction score
JSeahawks":f4pmm5rm said:
Hasselbeck":f4pmm5rm said:
brimsalabim":f4pmm5rm said:
Go up and get Tunsil if the Titans don't pick him.

We don't have the ammo to land that guy.

Lets see... We could trade them Russell, lynch, cam and our 1st for matiota and their 1st. Get it done Schneider!! (Just kidding)

No you're not :)

titan3131

Reaction score
I will riot if they pick a WR in the 1st or 2nd round.

OLINE DLINE LB IN THAT ORDER!

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
McGruff":3r6qpuoh said:
Missing_Clink":3r6qpuoh said:
This is one of those things fans seem to want, but doesn't seem to be a priority for the team. Not that they don't want a big guy, but not at the expense of speed and RAC ability. Size seems to be more of a luxury to them.

It does seem that way, and that's probably why they passed over Allen Robinson to draft PRich. That worked out great for them.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":6yg5tndj said:

This year there are so many day 3 prospects of that ilk. I can think of at least 5 similar prospects that should be available at our R4 pick or later.

If you want a 6'2" 200 lb prospect with some tools and ability -- you can get a few on day 3.

Although at that point you're probably just slotting a Kearse clone on the roster.

kearly

Reaction score
If Seattle can retain Okung, then I would argue that they enter the draft without a true glaring need. They'd still have needs, but not a glaring one that might force them to move up in round one.

I see this offseason playing out like 2014 did. Seattle avoids a splash move, focuses on retaining their players, add a few aging vets on value deals, and then draft for value. In the 2014 draft, they drafted for value over need. Which ironically produced John Schneider's worst draft. It's remarkable how PC/JS do their best drafting when drafting for need.

McGruff

Reaction score
kearly":1mdxq3fn said:
If Seattle can retain Okung, then I would argue that they enter the draft without a true glaring need. They'd still have needs, but not a glaring one that might force them to move up in round one.

I see this offseason playing out like 2014 did. Seattle avoids a splash move, focuses on retaining their players, and adds a few aging vets on value deals. In the 2014 draft, they drafted for value over need. Which ironically produced John Schneider's worst draft. The irony about PC/JS is that they do their best drafting when drafting for need.

With both starting DT's not under contract, I think they'd have a glaring need there. going into the season with Hill and ??? would be nerve wracking to say the least.

kearly

Reaction score
McGruff":jkfe18ch said:
With both starting DT's not under contract, I think they'd have a glaring need there. going into the season with Hill and ??? would be nerve wracking to say the least.

I think Rubin will be back for sure, nobody is going to value him more than Pete will. Maybe Mebane comes back too if the price is right.

DT is a position that PC/JS have typically addressed in FA, since mid-tier DTs are often some of the best values on the market. Alan Branch, Tony McDaniel, Kevin Williams, Ahtyba Rubin, almost every year Seattle finds a good DT on the cheap in FA.

And besides, it's not like PC/JS has drafted well at DT, aside from Jaye Howard. (ugh...)