With Penny gone will Pete draft a running back?

bileever

Reaction score
I'm not sure Robinson is worth the 5th pick, but I wouldn't say no RB is. If the 22 year old Derrick Henry were available in the draft, I'd take him at #5.

sutz

Reaction score
Maybe you won't find a K9 type guy, but you can definitely find seviceable RBs in later rounds.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I don't want to spend any higher than a 3rd rounder for a running back. They're injury prone and most are just two down backs. Spend the higher picks on defense and the offensive line, and if a quality RB is available on the 3rd day of the draft, go ahead and grab him.

CDN_C_Hawk

Reaction score
How about, looking at Austin Ekeler....swap 20 and 21 in 1st , and this years 4th or next years 4th. I know he wants better than the 7.6mil he would get from LAC , so guarantee 16 mil on 3yrs/27 mil offer. Really think he'd be a weapon for Geno catching passes out of backfield.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I really hope a higher pick is not used on a back. I would prefer finding guy in the lower around or a veteran pickup for cheap....guys who can spell Walker while he is the feature guy. What the status of DJ Dallas's contract? Homer is a FA if I recall

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I don't want to spend any higher than a 3rd rounder for a running back. They're injury prone and most are just two down backs. Spend the higher picks on defense and the offensive line, and if a quality RB is available on the 3rd day of the draft, go ahead and grab him.
Really good point ^ So like, what round did they get Carson in? Yep, that's right.

vonstout

Reaction score
We aren’t going to spend a high draft pick on a RB. Walker is a stud, Homer is reliable, Dallas too. Would have loved to pick up Mostart. I’d go for Brown (Illinois) in 4th maybe 5th round.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
They like Charbonet and the kid from WAZZU. it will be one of those two.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
We aren’t going to spend a high draft pick on a RB. Walker is a stud, Homer is reliable, Dallas too. Would have loved to pick up Mostart. I’d go for Brown (Illinois) in 4th maybe 5th round.
But if Walker gets hurt neither option can fill a one role..not even close.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score

I get a lot of criticism for being a fanboy for the front office and whatnot.

I disagree with letting him get away for essentially the vet minimum. I disagree wholeheartedly and vehemently.

Nope, this is a horseshit decision and I hate it with every fiber of my being. Injury be damned, if you have a chance to roster a transcendent talent, you do it. You buy that lottery ticket every time.

Yeah, I get it. He gets injured. Who gives a rip when he costs pretty much zero? The upside outweighs the risk. Easily. EASILY.

Rashaad might've wanted a fresh start? I don't know. Eagles continue to shred the league.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score

The best. The literal best. Damn shame he couldn't just... not get his leg snapped.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Remember that Homer is a free agent and Dallas is on the last year of his deal. With Penny going elsewhere we could easily draft two RBs. Preferably one short yardage back to pair with Walker, and another third down back to pair with Dallas. Then add a UDFA or two to compete in training camp.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
I disagree with letting him get away for essentially the vet minimum. I disagree wholeheartedly and vehemently.

Nope, this is a horseshit decision and I hate it with every fiber of my being. Injury be damned, if you have a chance to roster a transcendent talent, you do it. You buy that lottery ticket every time.

Rashaad might've wanted a fresh start? I don't know. Eagles continue to shred the league.
I'm pretty sure he wanted a change of scenery. His luck was kinda snake-bit here.