With Penny gone will Pete draft a running back?

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
  • Bijan Robinson | Texas….
  • Jahmyr Gibbs | Alabama. ...
  • Zach Charbonnet | UCLA. ...
  • Devon Achane | Texas A&M. ...
  • DeWayne McBride | UAB. ...
  • Tyjae Spears | Tulane. ...
  • Chris Rodriguez Jr. ...
  • Kenny McIntosh | Georgia.
Perhaps one of the above listed??
I know they interviewed Charbonnet

Last edited:

GemCity

Reaction score
I don’t see us getting Robinson unless he slips to the 2nd.

If Penny plays a full year w/o injury, /BigSigh

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Deneric Prince

He might end up being an UDFA but he is certainly one to keep an eye on. He's extremely raw and his stats arent amazing but was on a horrible Tulsa team. He has the size and skill to be a faster version of Chris Carson.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Like Mr. Falco said, I would be ok with Seattle picking a RB in the 4th round and beyond, but not before. Unless one of those amazing running backs falls to their final 2nd round pick, then it would be worth entertaining.

knownone

Reaction score
Jahmyr Gibbs would be a good fit. He looks like he can make an impact as a 3rd down / rotational player without taking carries away from Walker.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Don’t draft a RB before third round or just buy one in free agency. They are plentiful.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
We were already drafting a RB, regardless of what happened with Penny.

Probably also signing a vet RB as well.

This changes nothing in 2023, other than Penny is no longer a cheap prove it deal option.

bileever

Reaction score
Yes, you always have to restock your RB room. I don't know if Bijan Robinson will be there at 20, or if you even want him there, but I'm sure they've got a couple of prospects for the later rounds that they're thinking of. Isiah Pacheco fell to the Chiefs in round 7 last year.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Yes, you always have to restock your RB room. I don't know if Bijan Robinson will be there at 20, or if you even want him there, but I'm sure they've got a couple of prospects for the later rounds that they're thinking of. Isiah Pacheco fell to the Chiefs in round 7 last year.

If the hype is real, Robinson will be gone before 20.

If there's one draft/NFL trend that's turning around now it's the "RB's don't matter in the 1st round draft them later on."

But that mindset has changed with the success of the playoff teams of the past 4-5 years who have built great defenses and nasty run games. You need a bell cow back. Doesn't mean you can't find that back later in the draft, but some team's gonna pull the trigger on a RB with Robinson's pedigree me thinks before 20.

Seahawker

Reaction score
Only two players I'd take over Bijan Robinson at #5, Stroud & Anderson.
Positional value doesn't apply to Robinson, he is a different animal, his potential year to year production rushing & recieving are huge. He won't make it far after #5, long gone before 20.
I'd sure hate to see all your pitter-pat little fantasy football hearts broken because you didn't get your special 8 sack Bruce Irvinesque non every down edge guy. The 9ers would be far more comfortable with the Hawks picking just about any other player besides Robinson, IMHO.

Latest posts