Winter Classic - Anyone Going?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I was just curious if anyone else is hitting the Winter Classic on Monday. Should be a hell of a time. Hoping the weather cooperates enough to keep the roof open.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
So, no then? :cool:
I'm in Indiana so I can't make it bud.
I'm just surprised at the seemingly lack of Kraken fans after 2 very good starting years.
What happens when they stick the Pistons in Seattle for basketball?
That is pretty much what the NBA fans will be getting with lack of talent for already too
many teams in the NBA.
My point is I don't see the Seattle fans taking it too well based off what I see.

OP
OP
S

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, it does seem to have died down a little. While I'm fairly new to it, I have enough friends that are die hards. They always remind me it's a long season etc.
The Arena still has killer crowds and there's def. a buzz. Just doesn't seem like much of one on here. People love the Kraken out here though.
Just maybe not so much on a football page. I'm expecting the roof to the be closed but I think the vibe would be way better if was open.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Nhl has always had a tough time in the States in many cities...especially the non hockey markets. Not saying Seattle isnt as there is a lot of junior hockey in that area...Sustaining a fan base in some of them is difficult after the initial hype is over and fans realize it's not for them .That's why you haven't seen a cup win in Canada since 93 and they have a "lottery draft" so they can manipulate the draft order. Bettman has been trying to push these markets for years. Having tv contracts in Canada alone isn't going to sustain the league they need the big tv markets in the states. Not gonna get them with Edmonton playing Winnipeg in the finals....I haven't watched since 2012 but before that nfl took second for my viewing.

Hawker

Reaction score
This team has found it's footing, finally. The spark we had the past two seasons is back, and we showcased it perfectly on national tv. I didn't go to the winter classic but knew many who did and they all had the same report - the outdoor game was a blast! And the energy there was electric.

OP
OP
S

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Man, that was a blast. What a game and what a great set up. We were very fortunate to have really good site lines, and Kraken shooting twice on our side. I I think it was the soundest game they have played the entire season. I was really impressed overall with how they put this event together. Really well done. Side note, the ice had ZERO issues all game long.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Man, that was a blast. What a game and what a great set up. We were very fortunate to have really good site lines, and Kraken shooting twice on our side. I I think it was the soundest game they have played the entire season. I was really impressed overall with how they put this event together. Really well done. Side note, the ice had ZERO issues all game long.
Good to hear you gotta good seat. Typically outdoor games can be a tough watch in a football stadium depending where you are at.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I blood;y missed it.. just forgot, they don't show replays?

Cyrus12

Reaction score
The walk in with the fake fish with players dressed up like super Mario was cheese af. Nhl does some stupid things but this was embarrassing....players looked embarrassed too.

OP
OP
S

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Meh, not that important. Corny for sure though. Vegas came off the bus dressed like Elvis. Pretty funny.

The game was a blast; site lines were perfect for us. The atmosphere and set up was great. And they shutout the champs.

Also, the Kraken were not dressed up as Super Mario, they were dressed up as the workers at Pike Place. The Pike Place Fishmongers.

Latest posts