Is anyone else going the the Utah game?

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I hear it's sold out. Should be rocking, and since they aren't playing Oregon, should be a higher % of husky fans in attendance.

The question is, if we win, do we crack the top 4 yet? It still irks me that with Washington's strength of schedule and undefeated record they still aren't in the top 4, and Oregon is just one spot behind Washington. It's as if Oregon was rewarded for losing, and Washington was punished for winning.

There's just no logic that supports Washington at 5 right now. They should be second or third.

OP
OP
S

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
They absolutely SHOULD crack the top 4. It's just hard to think they will. Seems like the committee just has their favorites.
A win on Sunday would give us wins over Oregon (ranked 6), Utah - also ranked, and USC - ranked.

All that being said, it's real simple: Win out and you're in. It's a lot to ask to go 12-0, plus win the Pac-12 Championship.

Also, when we made the playoff last time, we DID have a loss going into the playoff.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Don't forget Arizona. They're now ranked 23. They just beat a damn good Oregon State team.

Washington went on the road and whooped Arizona pretty handily. Arizona did score a last minute touchdown to bring it within 7, but Washington controlled that whole game and was looking to go up 3 scores late in the 4th but unfortunately fumbled.

Again... On the road. In the desert. No team has more quality wins than Washington. None. It's not even up for debate at this point.

OP
OP
S

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yet, here we are at 5. Lame.
Barely squeeking by a couple bad teams just gave the committee the ammo they needed. Still several weeks to figured things out. Plus, teams above us either play eachother or they have tough games coming up. IF they win out, or at the minimum go 12-0 and lose the Pac 12 championship, they could still get in.
Dawgs knocked Oregon out of their chance last year, they would have the same motivation to return the favor, and then some.
Last night, I started to watch a show that was basically some guys talking about the top 6 teams, who should be in the top 4 etc.
Two of the guys, I think it would physically make them ill to actually say anything good about the Dawgs. They didn't even try to hide it. All while two of the guys were rolling their eyes. One guy said Oregon should be #8. Look, I hate the Ducks, but #8? Hell no, they are EASILY where they should be at 6.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Side note on the Dawgs. Brock was talking about them a little today. He said that last November, the Dawgs averaged near 300 a game on the ground. Debour knows what it takes to win in November. On the flip side of that, it is EXACTLY the type of game Utah wants to play. Slow it down, keep the opposing QB on the sidelines.
Also, Utah leads the nation in Time of Possession. Forecast is saying 20mph wins and some rain. If I was a betting man, I'd take the under.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
The ranking stuff will take care of itself. If UW wins out, it'll very likely be UW vs Oregon in the title game. Michigan and Ohio State will play each other at least once as well. If the Dawgs take care of business they should end up #2 or #3. Georgia would need to drop one for the top spot. Even if our wins are better, there's no way the committee will rank UW ahead of Georgia if both teams are undefeated.

If I were complaining about anything it would be why Florida State is #4. They literally haven't played anyone of much interest.

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
I hear it's sold out. Should be rocking, and since they aren't playing Oregon, should be a higher % of husky fans in attendance.

The question is, if we win, do we crack the top 4 yet? It still irks me that with Washington's strength of schedule and undefeated record they still aren't in the top 4, and Oregon is just one spot behind Washington. It's as if Oregon was rewarded for losing, and Washington was punished for winning.

There's just no logic that supports Washington at 5 right now. They should be second or third.
If Penn State wins, Michigan loses, and the Huskies get a seat at the table.
That game is going on right now.