Wilson's Words of Wisdom

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
12thManNorth":384bldbs said:
RW will not burnout. You don't burnout from something that is your true passion in life. I think he's heard enough hate in his time to stay motivated for 10 lifetimes. Also I think the memory of his father motivates him beyond belief. Off the field, no doubt that he is the next coming of Peyton Manning. Whether he can do it as consistenly as Peyton ON the field for a 10-15 years of course remains to be seen. The fact that RW is our guy instead of that bicep kissing GOOF Kaepernick is a godsend for the 12th man

Well I'm sure the guy in the earlier example had plenty of passion and motivation, but I think the burnout came because of growing from a 'lean and mean' upstart into something more large, formal, complex and lethargic.

Russell Wilson's job and work environment will not fundamentally change.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":x8b37l3j said:
TwilightError":x8b37l3j said:
Dude is in for a serious burn out. Or maybe he will be prepared for it, already studying film on burn outs.
This kind of person doesn't burn out. What will happen is he'll win one SB and then be motivated to win another to prove it wasn't a fluke. Then after he wins #2 he'll be motivated to secure his place in NFL history by winning 3 of them. Then after #3 he'll want to match Montana's 4 wins and then of course #5 would be to surpass Joe. After #5 he'd want to put it out of reach of anyone else so he'd strive just as hard for #6.

Don't know how much of this is going to come true though I am absolutely convinced he gets us our first ever championship and I'd wager he gets at least 2. I am also convinced he won't ever burn out.

YES. (I like to think he'll bring home 12, just for us.) ;)

12thManNorth":x8b37l3j said:
RW will not burnout. You don't burnout from something that is your true passion in life. I think he's heard enough hate in his time to stay motivated for 10 lifetimes. Also I think the memory of his father motivates him beyond belief. Off the field, no doubt that he is the next coming of Peyton Manning. Whether he can do it as consistenly as Peyton ON the field for a 10-15 years of course remains to be seen. The fact that RW is our guy instead of that bicep kissing GOOF Kaepernick is a godsend for the 12th man

And YES. When I heard Percy talk about RW running the offense in OTAs, I recalled how after the Bears game last year my woman and I talked about RW being our 'Peyton.' Except our guy has wheels x1,000 over Peyton, which more than makes up for the 6-inch difference in height. Giddy with anticipation over here.

Mitch

Reaction score
How, on God's green earth, did every team in the NFL pass on this guy at least twice? He is playing in the NFL with the same set of values & beliefs that he played with in college and in high school. Not to mention his skill set. Yes, I know - 5' 10 5/8".

TheGOAT#80

Reaction score
Wilson gives hope to others that are drafted high. I'm happy for him and he is definitely way beyond his years in maturity and his football IQ.

OP
OP
Bakergirl

Bakergirl

Reaction score
Mitch":2batztm7 said:
How, on God's green earth, did every team in the NFL pass on this guy at least twice? He is playing in the NFL with the same set of values & beliefs that he played with in college and in high school. Not to mention his skill set. Yes, I know - 5' 10 5/8".

This question I'm sure is plaguing those who passed him up every time he scores and ultimately wins a game.

sutz

Reaction score
Bakergirl":1zdw0pdh said:
Mitch":1zdw0pdh said:

This question I'm sure is plaguing those who passed him up every time he scores and ultimately wins a game.

The rest of the league: :waah:

The Seattle Seahawks: :beach:

BlueTalons

Reaction score
sutz":2um43ajy said:
Bakergirl":2um43ajy said:
Mitch":2um43ajy said:

Don't forget...Pete had the stones to PLAY a rookie even though he had a "high priced" free agent and an incumbent starter. Wilson's success is GREATLY hinged on Pete having faith in him from the start!

OP
OP
Bakergirl

Bakergirl

Reaction score
BlueTalons":38n9cqjd said:
sutz":38n9cqjd said:
Bakergirl":38n9cqjd said:

Don't forget...Pete had the stones to PLAY a rookie even though he had a "high priced" free agent and an incumbent starter. Wilson's success is GREATLY hinged on Pete having faith in him from the start!

Got to give props to our owner on that one too. He spent a lot of money on Flynn and put enough trust in Pete to do the right thing even if it meant costing the team a few million. I love that we have an owner who knows you have to break some eggs to make an omelette and is willing to allow whatever it takes to get us to the promised land. He's hungry for that trophy every bit as much as we fans are and then some.

WarHawks

Reaction score
"And if I can continue to be relentless in my approach, I think that’s where the separation is.”

I like that. Relentless preparation, melded with relentless excellence in execution, separates the great from the good. Wilson has greatness written all over him, and he inspires me to do the same in my own life. I can honestly say that RW is the first athlete I would remotely consider a role model.

TwilightError

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":c808wwq9 said:
Well I'm sure the guy in the earlier example had plenty of passion and motivation, but I think the burnout came because of growing from a 'lean and mean' upstart into something more large, formal, complex and lethargic.

Russell Wilson's job and work environment will not fundamentally change.

That is a great point. He will probably not be burnt out cause his challenge level will not steeply rise. It is already at the highest possible level and he seems comfortable. RW:s Wisconsin head coach said (in Brock and Salk) that Wilson is one on those persons who you can see becoming a Super Bowl winning quarterback, but you also can see becoming the President of the United States. That is the impression he left on his college head coach....

And I agree on WarHawks's point, not a role model on everything but in various aspects.

Latest posts