Wilson recruiting WR Terrelle Pryor? Update: Signed w/Jets

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
James in PA":37ivwbxj said:
Report: Pryor has chosen to sign with the Jets. The off-season from hell continues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah not adding that precious 20/240/1 split is truly going to be what ends this franchise entirely.

King Dog

Reaction score
Would have been nice to sign a potential difference maker instead of the depth guys we have been keying on.

RCATES

Reaction score
My have the Hawks fallen off the map. When a player chooses the Jets over you its pretty obvious. I don't blame him for not wanting to run around for 15 seconds every play waiting for Wilson to get you the ball.

Rat

Reaction score
Probably couldn't turn down the opportunity to work with Jermaine Kearse.

The Jets are further along in the rebuilding process anyway. Whether it was money or wins, he made the right choice.

edogg23

Reaction score
If you could have Brown or Pryor for nearly the same money, which one would you pick? I think they should have went with Pryor. EDIT: seems money was a factor if he signed for 6 million a year. Seems high to me.

adeltaY

Reaction score
RCATES":2dwixltu said:
My have the Hawks fallen off the map. When a player chooses the Jets over you its pretty obvious. I don't blame him for not wanting to run around for 15 seconds every play waiting for Wilson to get you the ball.

Hmmm maybe it's the money? Not sure how much that factor's into a players decision of where to sign... :sarcasm_off:

He got 6M for one year. I highly doubt we were offering much more than half of that.

original poster

Reaction score
I was pretty unsure about this from the start, glad he’s not a Hawk with that contract.

chris98251

Reaction score
Wilson is now a failure at life, he failed to get Pryor signed............. :)

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Rat":1cgfuibp said:
Probably couldn't turn down the opportunity to work with Jermaine Kearse.

The Jets are further along in the rebuilding process anyway. Whether it was money or wins, he made the right choice.
Curious why you would make this claim. They have no QB at the moment so I would take the Seahawks every day of the week over the Jets current position.

toffee

Reaction score
Prior could be difference maker in both ways:

1. If he felt that he was used probably and handled nicely, he could the fast tall WR/QB that made matchup difficult for opposing teams.
2. If he felt that he wasn't used probably and not handled nicely, he could as easily just check out and set himself up as the role model for other disgruntled dudes in locker room.

He was that high risk, high reward guy. $6mil was a risk Pete wasn't prepared to take as our next Golden year is 2 years away. Any stop gap dudes with risky trendency , ie not team oriented, is a no no to Pete.

toffee

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2rf0jppq said:
Good..No need for him at this time

we do need a fast tall receiver but not Pryor. Pryor's signing with Jet, a team with not QB told us that Pryor ain't about winning.