Wilson press conferences/interviews observation

drdiags

Reaction score
"This week is the greatest moment", "Next week is the greatest moment" ...

"Captain Kirk, I come for you ..."

Rocket

Reaction score
bestfightstory":bsuyfv1m said:
Short people say "the biggest thing" frequently as a way to compensate for well, you know...

You're goin' to erectile dysfunction hell for that one...

judgemint

Reaction score
Barthawk":2babjc5x said:
"obviously"

:13:
My wife and I were counting how many times he said it after the Sunday night game, in the onfield interview lol

dan2314

Reaction score
russell wilsons a robot. there are only so many different lines built up for him to use.

Axx

Reaction score
Its ok russ, just keep ignoring the noise

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Wilson can use all the repetitive cliches he wants as long as they are also true and he abides by them.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
judgemint":3fyu0d7t said:
Barthawk":3fyu0d7t said:
"obviously"

My wife and I were counting how many times he said it after the Sunday night game, in the onfield interview lol

It's cause he realizes he has to dumb-down these interviews by stating obvious things. He just wants to make sure we're all aware.

grizbob

Reaction score
fenderbender123":um76uus0 said:
judgemint":um76uus0 said:
Barthawk":um76uus0 said:
"obviously"

It's cause he realizes he has to dumb-down these interviews by stating obvious things. He just wants to make sure we're all aware.

Obviously to be honest with you :lol:

jblaze

Reaction score
It's completely by design. You have to parrot the talking points and pay some respect to the opposing team regardless if they're good or awful. He says the same things because it's how you handle media interviews professionally, PERIOD.

One day at a time, one week at a time, each week is a championship week, everyone is doing awesome, no one is struggling, etc, etc. No need to throw anyone under the bus or give your opponent any posterboard material. It's just how you do it once you understand the game. Nothing new, some get it, some don't. Most let their emotions and ego get the best of them, Russell does not. He is as even keel and unflappable as I've ever seen and props to him for that, he's a better man than I.

ivotuk

Reaction score
bestfightstory":v26jtq4c said:
Short people say "the biggest thing" frequently as a way to compensate for well, you know...

I heard average size people make jokes about short people to compensate for...well...you know...

12thManNorth

Reaction score
Obviously it's the smartest thing to say, but I think I puked in my mouth when I saw RW's interview a few days ago about the Rams (I think the one shown on Seahawks Saturday night) and used the word "great" to describe them seemingly 5-10 times in the interview. It's reasons like this that RW is beloved compared to Kaepernick but after awhile it's gonna seem a little disingenuous

5280Hawk

Reaction score
That's what will be written on the Plaque on his statue in front of the clink

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":2l4ui8kd said:
Anybody else notice that Pete uses repetitive phrases as well?

You could make a drinking game out of how many times Pete says "cool" during his pressers.

I've said this before, I love me some RW, but he's a pretty boring interview. Lots and lots of cliche's. I used to think he's just very polished and robotic to the press, but from hearing interviews with other players they say he's exactly the same in the locker room...........thus the Real Rob Report last year with Moffat claiming Wilson was really a robot.

chawx

Reaction score
ivotuk":2mjl4yrb said:
bestfightstory":2mjl4yrb said:

I heard average size people make jokes about short people to compensate for...well...you know...

I use this "Russell-ism" in the bedroom all the time:

"Don't worry baby, my size doesn't define my skill set." 8)