Wilson just came of age, people.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
HawkWow":2s821tzz said:
Was it a 4th down throw? I thought it was 3rd down? Not that it diminishes his performance. He was great and I still have a problem with the fumble. Looked like the BS tuck rule should have been in effect. Great job young man! I look forward to your continued development and thanks for proving me (somewhat) wrong about your ability to win at this level. You da man!

The TD to Braylon was 4th down. Not sure if the OP was talking about that one or not.

BlueTalons

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":fydej7fq said:
Russell Wilson already has equaled or surpassed touchdown passes and 4th quarter wins by Scott Zolak in his entire eight-year career.
http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=321014026
Russell Wilson became the first rookie since the NFL merger to throw two game-winning TD passes in the last two minutes of a game in one season. He also became just the fifth QB to do it in the last four seasons. Here's the list:

Year Player, Team
2012 Russell Wilson, Seahawks
2011 Matthew Stafford, Lions
2010 Drew Brees, Saints
2009 Kyle Orton, Broncos
2009 Carson Palmer, Bengals
-- Elias Sports Bureau
(Though I thought it funny...it would have to be the same season, otherwise he would no longer be a rookie...)

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
ROY for RW, if he keeps on improving! When he leads the Seahawks to a victory over SF, ROY talk shoud start. Luck and RG-III, Tannehill are good, but Wilson, with his continued improvement and end of game heroics, RW could very well have a much better season. We still haven't seen even close to RW's best.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I would change "came" with "coming".........as in fantastic step in his development, but he's not there yet. The word "came" denotes that he's arrived.

Consistency is needed over a long period of time. Again, awesome step in Wilson's development, but he needs to follow it up with more consistent games like yesterday.

The Radish

Reaction score
CamanoIslandJQ":2tyncpak said:
ROY for RW, if he keeps on improving! When he leads the Seahawks to a victory over SF, ROY talk shoud start. Luck and RG-III, Tannehill are good, but Wilson, with his continued improvement and end of game heroics, RW could very well have a much better season. We still haven't seen even close to RW's best.

Not a chance. the media has already decided its going to be that guy from the Redskins.

It won't matter if is twice the player and gets the team to the SB. In that scenerio he would be considered in the top 10 of the east coast media. Other than that he will be a non issue.

The west coast media is still smarting over #37 being Most Valuable Player of the year and aren't going to let something like that happen for more years than it has been.

:roll: