Wilson is 6 TDs away from breaking Manning's rookie record.

themunn

Reaction score
I'd be quite happy if he only matches it - whilst it'd be absolutely sweet for him to have the record for passing TDs for a rookie on his own, if it was "Passing TDs, Rookie Season - 26 (Peyton Manning - 1998, Russell Wilson - 2012), that'd be pretty sweet, and add a bit of gravity to it because you know that RW shares a record with a first-ballot HoFer.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Aros":1oeataxi said:
Indeed. The passing TD's is what's possible and what I was refering to.
My wife was asking me today what the hell I was talking about when I said that's 21, 6 to go, she said the score isn't 21 at all, I interupted her with the explanation, to which she replied Really!?
As for Cam Newton, I don't care if Wilson doesn't get on that track, as his train derailed this Season, I just hope Wilson continues to astonish the world, and if the O-Line gathers it all in, he will do just that.
Can you imagine how vindicated Chuck Gruden feels with Wilson blowing the doors off the doubting prognosticators? :mrgreen:

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The fact that we can even have this thread is a sign of happy times.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
Aros":1cqegl7i said:
The fact that we can even have this thread is a sign of happy times.

That is a fact Aros.

The 1st page of this baby had me crackin' up. I pictured if you will...

Three or four guys arriving at a door at the same moment.
After you my good sir!
Why, after you gentlmen!
I insist! After you!
Why i shant! I shall bring up the rear!

And in the end, ya all squish through the door at the same time anyhow. :lol:

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
I'll wish for Wilson to take Manning's TD record... Luck can have his INT record. ;)

Seahawkscrazy

Reaction score
amill87":asez96g0 said:
RolandDeschain":asez96g0 said:
Nobody cares about rushing TDs for QBs, just like nobody cares about rushing TDs for wide receivers. The record is for passing TDs, and that's as it should be.

I'm pretty sure the Bills care about rushing TDs from a QB....

POTD.

KitsapHawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":38e5ldev said:
Nobody cares about rushing TDs for QBs, just like nobody cares about rushing TDs for wide receivers. The record is for passing TDs, and that's as it should be.

Tell that to Vick Newton S. Youung F. Tarkenton

And RW

volsunghawk

Reaction score
I don't think Wilson will break either record, honestly.

But it's really nice that his performance thus far has put him in striking distance of records held by a couple of guys picked 1st overall in their respective drafts.

That's the best thing (other than the wins)... knowing that if there was a re-draft held right now, Wilson wouldn't get out of the top 5. And we got him in the 3rd.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
I want to see Wilson catch a touchdown from Rice or Tate before this season is out! :)

SeaHawk80

Reaction score
In my opinion If he does not break the passing record He is still having a supierior year to Mannings rookie year. I would say his impact due to lack of interceptions compared to Manning is off the charts better. With his deep ball throw give him a Wallace type WR and oh my we will shortly be forgetting all about Mudbone, Zorn and Hasslebeck.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
volsunghawk":1sceg761 said:
I don't think Wilson will break either record, honestly.

But it's really nice that his performance thus far has put him in striking distance of records held by a couple of guys picked 1st overall in their respective drafts.

That's the best thing (other than the wins)... knowing that if there was a re-draft held right now, Wilson wouldn't get out of the top 5. And we got him in the 3rd.

The past 2 blowouts have actually hurt his chances at breaking the record, actually. If he changes 1 of his rushing TDs from the Bills game and converts another in the Cardinals game, he's in spitting distance.

I just can't see him getting 3 against San Francisco, but stranger things have happened.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
If Ninners clamp down on Marshawn and we are close or behind then RW has the green light. Brady crapped in the rain and was still able to pass for 400 yards on the Ninners defense. RW only needs half those yards and to not miss TD passes like he did yesterday.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
amill87":1kqduz0a said:
Does anyone know what the all the time total TDs by a rookie QB is? I'm assuming it's Manning with the 26.

If it is, than it looks like all 3 rookies this year will beat the total TDs from a rookie QB record.

I've got to beleive it's Cam Newton-- He had 35 TOTAL TD's last year, 21 passing, 14 rushing.

HawkMania

Reaction score
scutterhawk":12lhfu77 said:
Aros":12lhfu77 said:
Indeed. The passing TD's is what's possible and what I was refering to.
My wife was asking me today what the hell I was talking about when I said that's 21, 6 to go, she said the score isn't 21 at all, I interupted her with the explanation, to which she replied Really!?
As for Cam Newton, I don't care if Wilson doesn't get on that track, as his train derailed this Season, I just hope Wilson continues to astonish the world, and if the O-Line gathers it all in, he will do just that.
Can you imagine how vindicated Chuck Gruden feels with Wilson blowing the doors off the doubting prognosticators? :mrgreen:

ABSOLUTELY! EAT IT KIPER! HAHAHAH!
GO GRUDEN!

redhawk253

Reaction score
i dont care about the regular season record.. i'd rather see rw go in there and break the playoff record for a rookie!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
KitsapHawk":22qc2pph said:
Tell that to Vick Newton S. Youung F. Tarkenton

And RW

I'm pretty sure if you were to ask Wilson, he'd say he'd rather have passed for those TDs rather than having ran them in. Ask him on Twitter, see if he responds.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
If he gets 2 or 3.. and we clinch a playoff spot.. how much you wanna bet PC tries hard to get him the record against the Rams?

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
I'm worried about offensive production period against the 49ers. They're tough. Only team that's allowed as few points as us. Could be another slugfest decided by a field goal or defensive score. But if they're stopping the run, I like Wilson's chances to get a couple through the air. And if for some reason, it turns into a shootout, it'll help his chances.

The Rams game, however, won't help his chances. If he lasts more than half the game, similarly to how he has the past two weeks, he's not going to be putting up the numbers.

Latest posts