Wilson is 6 TDs away from breaking Manning's rookie record.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
3 TDs per game, the final two games? I'll take those odds. Regardless if he achieves the record or not, what this kid is doing is getting to the point where I am losing words.

amill87

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the all the time total TDs by a rookie QB is? I'm assuming it's Manning with the 26.

If it is, than it looks like all 3 rookies this year will beat the total TDs from a rookie QB record.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Did you not read the title of this thread?

Sac

Reaction score
I think Cam set the record for total TDs last year with 21 passing and like 10 rushing or some such thing.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":2k4i63cy said:
I think Cam set the record for total TDs last year with 21 passing and like 10 rushing or some such thing.

Insane. I don't see anyone reaching those #'s for a bit.

He did have tons of garbage time to rack them up though, didn't he? Like, if we let Wilson play the last two halves of these last two games and told him to get the record, it would already be shattered.

amill87

Reaction score
Aros":1xvu7uvq said:

?? Not sure what you mean here.

I'm aware of Manning's passing TD record, I was asking about total TDs (passing and rushing)

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The record is 26 touchdowns by Peyton Manning in his rookie year. Russell Wilson needs 6 touchdowns to break the all-time rookie record for most touchdowns.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
amill87":3t3z95de said:
Aros":3t3z95de said:

I'm aware of Manning's passing TD record, I was asking about total TDs (passing and rushing)

Oh I see...Sorry...I believe it's passing TDs not total. That's actually a great question.

amill87

Reaction score
Just looked up Newton from last year.

He did have 21 passing TDs but he had 14 (!!!!) rushing TDs.

No way Wilson is catching that one so let's hold out for the Manning record :)

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Indeed. The passing TD's is what's possible and what I was refering to.

amill87

Reaction score
Aros":gl14ek75 said:
amill87":gl14ek75 said:
Aros":gl14ek75 said:

Oh I see...Sorry...I believe it's passing TDs not total. That's actually a great question.

No worries.

Man that record would be so sweet....

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Manning had zero rushing TD's correct? So Wilson at 23 TD's total is likely going to pass Manning's total pretty easily if he does well in the last two games. Not a bad way to start a career, even if he doesn't beat Newton's total TD record.

Sac

Reaction score
No Shark. The passing TD record is 26, by Manning. RW has 21 passing TDs, so he needs 5 more to tie and 6 more to take it.

Cam Newton had 21 passing TDs and 14 rushing, so 35 total. RW has 24 total TDs so he's probably not touching Cam's record. But he could still get Manning's.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":jazdolup said:
No Shark. The passing TD record is 26, by Manning. RW has 21 passing TDs, so he needs 5 more to tie and 6 more to take it.

Cam Newton had 21 passing TDs and 14 rushing, so 35 total. RW has 24 total TDs so he's probably not touching Cam's record. But he could still get Manning's.

Precisely.

amill87

Reaction score
I think Shark was saying that Wilson will likely pass Manning's total TDs for a season. Which won't be a record but still is pretty awesome.

amill87

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":n1uwz4ja said:
Nobody cares about rushing TDs for QBs, just like nobody cares about rushing TDs for wide receivers. The record is for passing TDs, and that's as it should be.

I'm pretty sure the Bills care about rushing TDs from a QB....

SharkHawk

Reaction score
amill87":21qfm21z said:
I think Shark was saying that Wilson will likely pass Manning's total TDs for a season. Which won't be a record but still is pretty awesome.

Bingo... That's precisely what I was saying. Even if he doesn't pass Manning in passing TD's, he'll likely pass him in total. Having more TD's your rookie year than Peyton is quite a season. I just don't think he'll break Newton's total TD record is all. I only brought it up because somebody took the discussion a step further and asked what the all time total was (passing, rushing, and receiving combined). It was Newton with 35 correct? So I don't think Russ will hit 35 in any combination. But I am 99.9% certain he will exceed 26 total combined, and likely exceed 26 passing, and then with his 3 (or more) rushing, he'll really run away from Manning's rookie year. To me Manning is the gold standard of QB's, so to match or exceed any of his numbers is terrific.

SEC FAN

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2w9u0yx6 said:
Nobody cares about rushing TDs for QBs, just like nobody cares about rushing TDs for wide receivers. The record is for passing TDs, and that's as it should be.

Speak for yourself.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1qkre5s6 said:

I don't care if Wilson catches the TD himself, intercepts the ball and runs it back for a TD, or returns a kick for a TD, I just care about TD's.