Wilson files for divorce?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
King Dog":3gnivxn8 said:
hawknation2014":3gnivxn8 said:
King Dog":3gnivxn8 said:
What can I say? I've watched him like everyone here since he was drafted. He had the perfect image. It's a little tarnished now imo. Sorry, he made the decision to marry her. He made the vows (if he didn't I stand corrected)..... If it comes out that she cheated on him or there was some other major problem, then fine. Otherwise, they made the commitment and then only gave it two years. This doesn't mean I think he's a bad guy, or she's a bad girl, it just means that I think they threw in the towel too easily. That's how I feel. I take the marriage vows seriously....

Marriage isn't easy. Not everyone can make it work.

It can also be unilaterally revoked by one party.

Just sayin'. . . you know what they say about people in glass houses.

No worries. No glass houses here (married for 9 years).....
How many years have you been married?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
King Dog":2rjd5gjg said:
What can I say? I've watched him like everyone here since he was drafted. He had the perfect image. It's a little tarnished now imo. Sorry, he made the decision to marry her. He made the vows (if he didn't I stand corrected)..... If it comes out that she cheated on him or there was some other major problem, then fine. Otherwise, they made the commitment and then only gave it two years. This doesn't mean I think he's a bad guy, or she's a bad girl, it just means that I think they threw in the towel too easily. That's how I feel. I take the marriage vows seriously....

AntoineWalker 2

Two years as a pro, won a Super Bowl championship.. is an even better person off the field, does a ton of work in the community, is charitable, all the stuff with the Children's Hospital.. and this tarnishes him because he's getting a divorce?

Come on man.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
joeseahawks":2ysutiyq said:
A guy with a young bride @home who shows up at 5am after a Sunday night game to watch film isn't serious about his marriage.
When fans were cheering RW showing up @5am in the morning at the Gym, I remember saying "RW needs to spend more time with his family". When he struggled towards the end of the season, I remember saying "RW needs to spend more time with wife @home". I'm starting to believe now that his struggles towards the end of last season were the consequence of his family falling apart.

I know fans want their favorite players working hard 24 hours a day, but I doubt anyone of us with a family and a young bride could do the same thing. Having a wife @ home who almost never sees her man is just not realistic.

I don't mean to know what went on in that RW Family, but I'm very disappointed in Russell Wilson. Especially given the way he wears his "faith" on his sleeves.

What's next? A book by Ashton? A sit down with Oprah?

You're "very disappointed in Russell" what the hell are you, his mom? Get a grip man.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
My heart goes out to Russell as I'm sure that he feels like "crap" over this situation. He knows that this was the best time to make this announcement....five months to "game time". It will take that long for his head to "get straight".
I'm also hoping that he can resist the chicks who will be wanting to get into his pants!

olyfan63

Reaction score
joeseahawks":eej6mkrn said:
A guy with a young bride @home who shows up at 5am after a Sunday night game to watch film isn't serious about his marriage.
When fans were cheering RW showing up @5am in the morning at the Gym, I remember saying "RW needs to spend more time with his family". When he struggled towards the end of the season, I remember saying "RW needs to spend more time with wife @home". I'm starting to believe now that his struggles towards the end of last season were the consequence of his family falling apart.

I know fans want their favorite players working hard 24 hours a day, but I doubt anyone of us with a family and a young bride could do the same thing. Having a wife @ home who almost never sees her man is just not realistic.
<snip>

Insightful analysis. (except the speculation I snipped)

I also wouldn't be surprised if Russell got to have a man-to-man talk with Michael Jordan about marriage, assets, etc., and Michael may have had 168 million words of advice to share with him.

chris98251

Reaction score
olyfan63":36z4yu6x said:
joeseahawks":36z4yu6x said:

<snip>

Insightful analysis. (except the speculation I snipped)

I also wouldn't be surprised if Russell got to have a man-to-man talk with Michael Jordan about marriage, assets, etc., and Michael may have had 168 million words of advice to share with him.

More like asking him if he wants to invest in a NBA team or that he has a great weekly Poker game he can buy in on for like 20 million.

Throwdown

Reaction score
King Dog":313t5goh said:
hawknation2014":313t5goh said:
King Dog":313t5goh said:
Yep. I do. I've been married for 9 years. It's not easy. You got to work at it to be successful. It's easy to give up. What has he been married for? 2 years? lol :141847_bnono:

To think your familial situation is the same as everyone else's is the pinnacle of social ignorance, narcissism, and judgmental behavior.

If your spouse happened to come home tonight and suddenly decided to divorce you for good, should we look down on YOU and tarnish YOUR reputation?

This their business alone. None of us know how they are feeling or who initiated it. To judge them without knowing the facts is beyond stupid.

Hold on player, they've also been together since HS. I think it was just time and it had run it's course, add that to the added pressure of Russell's job and celebrity status, it might've caused it to run it's course quicker. 2 years of being married is not that big of deal.

Heyseed

Reaction score
This is not good. So, Russell, we are here for you, 24 hours a day. Just chill out with us. Things will be o.k.

chimpanjesus

Reaction score
pretty weird but i was just commenting to a friend the other day about how i thought those 2 were headed for a divorce. they've been pictured together 0 times since a bit before the Super Bowl after being constantly together in the press/social media before that.

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
It's all speculation, but I would surmise that taking off to participate in the Texas Rangers training camp soon after the long football season and post-Super Bowl celebrity circuit ended for him instead of spending some time closer to home couldn't have helped matters much, although perhaps the marriage was already over by that time and one of them or both of them had already decided to stop working it out. His wife doesn't seem like a big celebrity fame seeking type of person who enjoys being in the spotlight, so perhaps Russell's new celebrity status was just not a fit for how she wanted to live her life. I'm sad about it though as I think marriage is such a sacred act of trust and bonding and commitment between two people and before God, but often things happen in life that are outside our control.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Russell, like every other God-fearing man, likes a good beej, and now he'll be getting them more frequently and from a much more vast variety of women.

Meeker

Reaction score
I always wondered how his private life would work with his absolute devotion to football both during the season and offseason, his charitable work, and his work with endorsements....He has to be incredibly busy.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":3ov60k29 said:
Russell, like every other God-fearing man, likes a good beej, and now he'll be getting them more frequently and from a much more vast variety of women.

He also gets to pick from the cream of the crop of Seattle, lucky mutha...

TXHawk

Reaction score
theascension":18su0phh said:
joeseahawks":18su0phh said:
I'm starting to believe now that his struggles towards the end of last season were the consequence of his family falling apart.

He had an obvious arm injury that caused plenty of obvious over throws.
Remember him switching sides to pick up the Gatorade with Zach Miller in the Super Bowl SoundFX?

Yep. RW had an injured left shoulder that probably happened in SF and that's what likely caused his late season slump. That's also about the time he quit looking to run when he had the opportunity and I doubt we can blame his marital problems on that. The two week break before the SB gave it some time to heal which is why he looked like the Russell Wilson we had seen for most of the season.

minormillikin

Reaction score
Why's everyone so down?

They figured it out before having a bunch of kids. He'll be fine, she'll be fine. No harm done to anyone (definitely no harm done to us).

Put yourself in his position for a minute. He's a YOUNGSTER... He has, apparently, been faithful to this one woman since school. He's starting to make some good money, he's a celebrity, etc, etc... To not be single in his situation would be cruel.

He's going to have some fun, get it out of his system for a while, and sooner than later he'll find another nice, wholesome gal to make some little Russells and Russetts with.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Polaris":12a6yfki said:
My best and only guess (unless and until I know more) is this:

Wilson is a known workaholic, and I am guessing that Ashton had a few too many lonely nights in a strange city (at least for her), and finally had enough.

That's as far as I'm willing to speculate.
This was basically my first thought as well. Dude's at the C-Link at 5 AM after the loss to AZ. Not thinking the Mrs. was real fond of that.

It's a shame this has happened. I feel for the both of them and hope they both come out in the long run in a good space emotionally.

Mick063

Reaction score
Anyone that has been through a divorce knows how tough it can be.

Not exclusive to NFL quarterbacks, it is a time for support, not judgement.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Well, it looks like I'm in the overwhelming minority, because I'm not surprised at all.

The first indication I had was listening to Holmgren talk about a typical week in RW's schedule were he and Ashton were able to see each other briefly for the first time in something like 7 days...this was in 2012, so he's even more busy now. Then we hear about the super-short vacation, the RWPA, the children's hospital, endorsement deals, commercials, David Letterman etc. , so you get the feeling that family time was getting short changed.

Next, if you follow RW on Twitter, you may have noticed (at least I did) some out-of-character posts where he was sub-tweeting at somebody indicating that person was putting him through some pain. There aren't many individuals he could have been sub-tweeting this stuff to besides Ashton.

This doesn't 'tarnish' either of them in my eyes. Oh, and I've been married for 23 years. I wish both of them the best.

themunn

Reaction score
joeseahawks":7av5qlht said:

Agreed, I couldn't do it. My solution is that I have no intention of getting married any time soon, though. So who says it had to come from Ashton's feelings. It may be Wilson that decided he had enough of it, and not the other way around.

The speculation in this thread is just that, and for someone we apparently have so much love for, it's pretty disrespectful.

Status
Not open for further replies.