Wilson and Seahawks haven’t talked contract

RockinHawks

Reaction score
Blitzer88":1yvgce01 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/TheHerd/status/1098289179853606912[/tweet]
Ooooffff!!!

I know a lot of folks don't give Cowherd a lot of credence, but I do. I've always liked him, blowhard or not, he's a smart guy and a good sports reporter. This makes me nervous. Team first, and I hope Wilson all the success and happiness, but a trade like this would have to net the Hawks a lot of high picks and perhaps a player, as well.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No way this is going to happen. But hey, he got more clicks. 2019 in a nutshell.
But IF a team was to trade for him, it better be nothing less than 2 first round picks AND a very good player. Or 3 first round picks.

Seymour

Reaction score
Blitzer88":1d0r0crl said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/TheHerd/status/1098289179853606912[/tweet]

LOL.....OK be careful what you ask for I suppose. :shock:

I've said this before, I'll say it again. Wilson is my favorite Seahawk, but he would be better off running as fast as he can from Pete Carroll while he can still move. So it would not shock me actually. But him letting this news out does not seem at all like him, and this is a huge blow to Pete Carroll's legacy if true.

Seymour

Reaction score
Look, I like Cowherd too. The dude has awesome common sense. But this is 100% based on clicks and rumors, so run with it. here is more about what I was talking about not believing Russ would let this out.
Obviously, this move to the Giants could ultimately happen, especially if Ciara wants to spend more time in the country's biggest market. That being said, it would go against every statement Wilson has made over the past year. He has publicly talked about remaining in the Emerald City and his love for the Seahawks.
\
Cowherd continued to explain that, in his mind, Wilson is a shorter, right-handed Steve Young. He's a first-ballot Hall of Fame player. Cowherd also quantified his statement by saying that he isn't predicting that Wilson will end up in Seattle. He's just repeating what he heard from rumors. Although these statements happened in the entertainment agent world

https://247sports.com/nfl/seattle-s...w-York-Giants-future-Colin-Cowherd-129303153/

aawolf

Reaction score
Seymour":2qidznii said:
Look, I like Cowherd too. The dude has awesome common sense. But this is 100% based on clicks and rumors, so run with it. here is more about what I was talking about not believing Russ would let this out.
Obviously, this move to the Giants could ultimately happen, especially if Ciara wants to spend more time in the country's biggest market. That being said, it would go against every statement Wilson has made over the past year. He has publicly talked about remaining in the Emerald City and his love for the Seahawks.
\
Cowherd continued to explain that, in his mind, Wilson is a shorter, right-handed Steve Young. He's a first-ballot Hall of Fame player. Cowherd also quantified his statement by saying that he isn't predicting that Wilson will end up in Seattle. He's just repeating what he heard from rumors. Although these statements happened in the entertainment agent world

https://247sports.com/nfl/seattle-s...w-York-Giants-future-Colin-Cowherd-129303153/

I happened to hear this segment on the radio today. Cowherd said that he's heard this through sources in the "agent world" and that he's informed that there "have been talks". He said it was the same thing he heard when he heard that some soccer player would be traded. I took it as he heard it through an agent and speculation or not, it wasn't something he just made up. He says that he is told these rumors sometimes off the record and told to keep quiet, but this time he was not told to keep quiet.

chris98251

Reaction score
Wilson has a baseball guy as his agent, they are just playing Cowerd because he would run with it, baseball guys do stuff differently then Football agents , also Wilson and Ciara seem to spend more time in the L.A. Vegas San Diego area then East Coast.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
My Mom's best friend's uncle's step dad's cousin's best friend's girlfriend's cousin said he's going to the Giants.

Tical21

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":18o9rc0k said:
All players deserve criticism when it's warranted, it's all part of it. Not my point at all. The ragging of Russ is next level, 24/7 365.
I just find it boring at this point. Fan how you want, I'll do the same.
Go Hawks
Fine, I'll bite. Who rags on Russ? When? Where?

Seymour

Reaction score
aawolf":fmnezvxh said:
Seymour":fmnezvxh said:
\

I happened to hear this segment on the radio today. Cowherd said that he's heard this through sources in the "agent world" and that he's informed that there "have been talks". He said it was the same thing he heard when he heard that some soccer player would be traded. I took it as he heard it through an agent and speculation or not, it wasn't something he just made up. He says that he is told these rumors sometimes off the record and told to keep quiet, but this time he was not told to keep quiet.

I get that. But not Wilson's or even an NFL agent, it was "an entertainment world agent"...ie Ciara's agent or someone that knows her. Now lets think this through. Russell is going to consider moving because of Ciara's career interest in NY and her net worth is somewhere around $20M, and they are going to use that over what Russell wants and his net worth is around $45M and about to multiply 3 fold plus???? No.....that is like Bezo's selling Amazon and moving so his wife can wash dishes at a nicer restaurant :mrgreen: :twisted: :D (yes exaggeration but point is the same)

John63

Reaction score
Hawkboi":1hvi3ith said:
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2821661-cowherd-russell-wilson-could-request-trade-to-giants-to-replace-eli-manning?fbclid=IwAR2aFrMryWEwdZseMgvdSob4aMowY9233c_4xzaThmxkPzQIU_u1hktiAJc

"But don't get too excited, Giants fans—this is all a pipe dream at this point. " enough said clock bait BS.

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":g8m4099s said:
My Mom's best friend's uncle's step dad's cousin's best friend's girlfriend's cousin said he's going to the Giants.

Russ just crapped all over Seattle and traded himself to the Giants for the statue of Liberty.....Thanks a lot Russ. :snack:

E5c90626 afa2 4c47 b2cb 279adbb755df 300

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Who rags on Russ? :laugh:
Many many many Hawks fans have been ragging on that guy for his entire 7 year career.
This isn't some new thing or claim. That's fine, everyone has a right their own opinion.
Go Hawks

Tical21

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2aps759z said:
Who rags on Russ? :laugh:
Many many many Hawks fans have been ragging on that guy for his entire 7 year career.
This isn't some new thing or claim. That's fine, everyone has a right their own opinion.
Go Hawks
Okay, I'll bite. Who rags on Russ. When? Where?

Tical21

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3bhkt4j5 said:
Done talking about this same subject over and over again, have a great night.
Agree to disagree
Three times I asked you who and you couldn't come up with a single example. Not one. Can we stop make believing that this is happening now?

Seymour

Reaction score
Tical21":3hc6zq5w said:
SoulfishHawk":3hc6zq5w said:
Agree to disagree
Three times I asked you who and you couldn't come up with a single example. Not one. Can we stop make believing that this is happening now?

Don't be ridiculous. Why don't you read up more? RCATES for one actually said "Hassellbeck was twice the QB as Wilson" for starters. Many here have hated on Wilson, you included. :roll:

D

DomeHawk

I heard the NY talk on the radio today too. I have been saying for a while that I could see Russ leaving, but I was speculating LA with him replacing a retiring Phillip Rivers.

Makes more sense to me.

Tical21

Reaction score
Seymour":16nranfu said:
Tical21":16nranfu said:
SoulfishHawk":16nranfu said:
Agree to disagree

Don't be ridiculous. Why don't you read up more? RCATES for one actually said "Hassellbeck was twice the QB as Wilson" for starters. Many here have hated on Wilson, you included. :roll:
I don't see any posts by RCates. And when did I ever hate on Wilson? Enlighten me.

Latest posts