Will We ever see fair Officiating Restored in the NFL?

907Hawk

Reaction score
pacific101":3p7878dp said:
Popeyejones":3p7878dp said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Okay, for those saying there was a league wide conspiracy to steer this game, can you please explain:

(1) The reasons for the hidden agenda to create a less exciting finish to the game in place of a more exciting finish to the game?

(2) The reasons for the hidden agenda to try to prop up a team with literally no national following and not even much support in its sparsely populated home-base? So it's part of a conspiracy to rake in those sweet national advertising dollars by propping up a Blake Bortles led Jaguars team? :lol:

Or maybe the conspiracy is so deep that us mere mortals can't even comprehend it...

As is at the heart of anything in the Good Ole USA that smacks of greed and power,, follow the money, It will always reveal the truth of matters at the end of the day.

The fact that the NFL includes wording in their contracts, that expressly forbid anyone employed by them, to relay in any manner, spoken or written, that would put into question, or provide any real or imagined evidence, information that might incriminate them.

As has been the case in every professional sport, sooner or later the intimidation fails somewhere in the rank and file, and someone finds the courage, or becomes fearful of being used as a scapegoat, when the headhunters start closing in, and bring the whole house of cards tumbling down.

I only hope that when it does happen, and I have no doubt that it will, that it doesn't destroy the sport of NFL Football completely and forever.

When it does happen I hope the public will try and remember the players and coaches, didn't want their sport to be muddied up like it is. I believe that they love this sport as much or more than we do, and would love to see it cleaned up. I know I'm being naive to think that the NFL could see the writing on the wall and clean the sport up now while there is still time to save it.

Will they of their own accord? Probably not, but there is still plenty of money to go around and to be made honestly. Not as much as they have become accustomed to taking in, but the sport will survive, thrive and grow ongoing.

Go Seahawks !

I am having a hard time understanding this Illuminati style conspiracy stuff, why would anyone who really believes this continue to watch NFL football and spend time posting on this board. I may be totally wrong I just don't see any upside for the NFL. Now individual referees or players shaving points or throwing games, would sound more plausible.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Let's be honest, the refs were brutal for BOTH teams. The Hawks got shafted on some stuff, sure, especially on the final play when Richardson gets pulled to the ground. However, the Hawks also got away with a lot of stuff. One play, Earl hits the guy 5 yards out of bounds, no call. Another, Idiot Ifedi drills a guy in the back way after the play, no call.

Woblyhawk

Reaction score
Thanks again Pacific101 for being dead on in my opinion.

I also wanted to say that when you are a ref and at the end of a game you see what happened to P-rich and you keep your flag in your belt. There is no doubt that that you are steering the game. It doesn't make any difference if you called 5 penalties on one team earlier in the game or not. That is blatant and I think the players are watching the NFL strip them of hope. If you are on that sideline and watching that it feels like someone just took your lunch money while someone else held you down and kicked you in the nuts.

We can argue all day about conspiracy or why they would do it, but it doesn't change the fact that the game was manipulated. That ref for what ever reason chose not to call that and the league with headsets on chose not to encourage him to make that call. When you cheat a team full of testosterone laden young men who are aggressive athletes after they battled for the entire game. They are going to respond with aggression if they have any heart at all. I'm not excusing the behavior but hoping you can look at what happened and see that the frustration of the team is a tell for how bad they are being jobbed. This is not only for Seattle but any team I watch BTW.

Keep in mind it does not matter if officiating is fair or balanced. It only matters if its correct. The league benefits by keeping games close to drive up viewership for commercials, and for selling gear in markets that are not saturated. I DO NOT watch football to see the league win, I want a competition between athleats on the field, win or lose. NOT some monkey show for the soul purpose of selling gear and seats.
Seattle was this Market a few years ago and its the Rams this year and many others. You wait! as soon as there are empty seats at sea hawks games, like magic the refs will be quiet again. If you want to predict who will be the darlings listen to the pregame shows, and the draft commentators.

The announcers know who is on the rise all year with the leagues help and do their best to cover by constantly spewing distraction during the game. I watch many games online after the TV versions air and you can see some teams really getting help at key moments all throughout the year. I am not even worried about being made fun of for saying this. If you don't think I'm correct then you are naive. This is the world we live in. I'm a fan of the Sea Hawks team and I'm not going to subject myself the " lie" that time and chance are in control.

One more point.
You see Pete go nuts on the officials , especially when you see it live or not on the cut versions of the games. But as soon as the commercial break is over they push him off the field and the game goes on. It's all about the flow of commercial breaks and money in this regard.
It took me many years of watching to finally except that this all was true, I resisted the idea and even made fun of my close friends many times for blaming refs. But I see things much more clearly now as a older and less emotionally involved viewer.