Will we attempt to drat Rice's and Miller's replacements...

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
I wouldn't expect Pete and John to try and replace either Miller of Rice but I could see a TE and/or WR drafted to add as another weapon, so more complimentary than replacements.

Truth be told, Miller and Rice were both affected by average o-line and QB play the first half of the season affecting their performance. IMO, Miller earns every penny of his contract next year with Rice have a solid year as well.

Zer0veritas

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":8bsq6m1k said:
Zer0veritas":8bsq6m1k said:
Yepperz. The Hawks are going to draft Cordarrelle Patterson in the 2nd and Tyrann in the 3rd. I don't think they will go after TE, they might take a chance on one next year or later in the draft. Miller and McCoy are both good TE's and the Hawks just don't utilize their TE's much. When they do then you can see what Miller can do (Falcons game). I am not sure why everyone here is so caught up on the hawks drafting a TE? They are stacked at the TE position and don't need anyone else right now. The hawks won't be drafting a TE this year imo.

Hawks have been tracking Pattersons career and have expressed a lot of interest in him already. Scouts have said Patterson is the most complete WR in this draft class.

He is a first round talent that will be available in the 2nd round. Hawks will grab him in the 2nd imo, watch.

One thing the hawks love is versatility. "Even though the position next to his name is listed as wide receiver, Cordarrelle Patterson was a quadruple-threat - receiving, rushing, punt returning, kick returning - for the Volunteers last season with his 1,858 all-purpose yards. He also scored a touchdown from all four positions in 2012."

This guy can do it all. Mark this post, Patterson will be a Seahawk in 2013.

So you think a guy being projected as the #1 wr off the board will slip to the hawks in the late second? Lol.....ok.
I'm guessing you also felt the hawks would get a first round pick for Flynn.

Ok I just looked up a few more recent mocks, they all have Patterson going in the first. My bad, last time I checked the mocks he was rated as a 2nd round talent. Must have moved up in draft stock after the combine.

Zer0veritas

Reaction score
What if Patterson does fall to the 2nd? do the hawks move up early in the 2nd to grab him? His talent is considered raw so he will still be a project no matter who drafts him. Most 1st round picks need to start immediately and Patterson may not be able to do that right away. I think this guy falls to the 2nd round honestly.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Zer0veritas":1t720m10 said:
What if Patterson does fall to the 2nd? do the hawks move up early in the 2nd to grab him? His talent is considered raw so he will still be a project no matter who drafts him. Most 1st round picks need to start immediately and Patterson may not be able to do that right away. I think this guy falls to the 2nd round honestly.
I think Pete would love Patterson, but IMO he goes top 15.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
nbk35zw":183t7en1 said:
Why the hell does everyone want to get rid of Miller and Rice. My God. You don't just pull this type of talent out of thin air. Seattle will try all the can to AVOID renegotiating contracts unless they under perform. They are both rare players.

This flippant talk of restructuring two rare players really vexes me. It is borderline ignorant. I would only restructure someone for Wilson or Thomas or Sherman. Everyone else can be replaced. Tate is replaceable. Chancellor is replaceable. Miller and Rice, not replaceable.

I don't think people want to get rid of Rice and Miller, I just think people realize the Hawks will use players while their serviceable and move on when they need to.

Atradees

Reaction score
Kam wants top money I don't see us paying it. Wasn't Jeron Johnson getting some time at Chancellor's position? Jeron is a playmaker.

TE is need. I see us going that way.
I like the idea of restructuring RED.
We will see what we have in Quinn and the new peices.

Sac

Reaction score
I was watching NFL network and they had a show on with 5 receivers talking to Mooch. Mooch asked "what DB are you most looking forward to playing"?

Robert Woods said "Sherman". Then bragged about catching for over 200 yards on him his rookie year. I think that was Sherms first year playing DB. Things have changed.

Erebus

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":34zd4t9l said:
I was watching NFL network and they had a show on with 5 receivers talking to Mooch. Mooch asked "what DB are you most looking forward to playing"?

Robert Woods said "Sherman". Then bragged about catching for over 200 yards on him his rookie year. I think that was Sherms first year playing DB. Things have changed.

I hope that only happens in practice. But like Patterson, I expect him to be off the board long before we pick.

Latest posts