Will the Monday Night game help the Saints?

Crizilla

Reaction score
if they have to come back here for the NFC Championship? If we end up the 1 seed and they end up the 2, they will be coming here again. No doubt. I'm hoping they don't get a good feel for us in our stadium and somehow get used to the noise... what do you think? New Orleans is the only team that can beat us IMO

bestfightstory

Reaction score
In my opinion it will help them greatly if they have to return for the playoffs

jblaze

Reaction score
Not a lot we can do about that. If it happens, it happens.

Really depends on how the game goes in 2 weeks. I don't really see how you can get used to the noise though, it's just disruptive regardless if you're used to it or not. You can't talk in that environment and it reduces your options somewhat offensively.

rsm650

Reaction score
I'm scared of the day that Wilson loses his first home game...please don't let be this season or post-season!

On the other hand, the NFCCG is a big deal. I know you guys will scream your guts out.

drdiags

Reaction score
Not sure how many of them are left over from the "Beastquake" game, but I think on offense at least, they have shown that they can still produce in this environment. The Monday night game will get them re-introduced to the setting so it should help. Brees has played here and won before (the SNF game against M Holmgren's team in '06 or '07, grandpa forgets.).

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
It is ......was it might will be. Two visits from the Saints. In addition, it is tough to beat the same team twice. Can this team, "Take care of business?" Listening to Mike Holmgren, our former coach, this morning.... even he is impressed with the players and coaches on this team.

sutz

Reaction score
jblaze":32toh65l said:

Really depends on how the game goes in 2 weeks. I don't really see how you can get used to the noise though, it's just disruptive regardless if you're used to it or not. You can't talk in that environment and it reduces your options somewhat offensively.
:13: This. Like all of the other scenarios about the playoffs and seeding and what not, all the Seahawks can do is continue to win games and let all of that other crap take care of itself.

In two weeks, Brees and the Saints have a chance to avenge themselves for the Beastquake game. They will be motivated. Nothing has helped anybody so far this season in the Clink. It is where other teams come to have their dreams crushed.

Using your logic, every game 'helps' the other team, regardless of where or when it is played. :229031_shrug:

Polaris

Reaction score
I think some of you may be overthinking this. I just want us to win the next two games. Period.

As for New Orleans, remember that unlike us, they have the Panthers breathing down their necks and they still have to play the Panthers (twice). That's especially true if the Panthers win tonight. If the Panthers win (I personally don't think they will but they certainly could), I wouldn't be too sure that the Saints even win their own division.

JonRud

Reaction score
Personally I am going to root like hell for someone to beat the Saints in the playoffs before the NFC Championship. I think they are our biggest threat to getting to the Super Bowl.

i think we will beat them on Dec. 2nd but I would be very, very nervous in the rematch.

Seahawk Mike

Reaction score
It will not help...there is no reason to think that just because they got beat on the field then they have an advantage the second time on the same field.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Of course, if we kick the living shit out of them on MNF it will help them by letting them know what awaits them in the playoffs.

WilsonsUserManual

Reaction score
Why do we all just assume that the NFCCG will be Saints vs Seahawks? I mean seriously, how often do the playoffs go as most people expect?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
drdiags":16y5p0iw said:
Not sure how many of them are left over from the "Beastquake" game, but I think on offense at least, they have shown that they can still produce in this environment. The Monday night game will get them re-introduced to the setting so it should help. Brees has played here and won before (the SNF game against M Holmgren's team in '06 or '07, grandpa forgets.).

ugh, wasn't that game the Boone Stutz Special?

JonRud

Reaction score
WilsonsUserManual":3mtfyote said:
Why do we all just assume that the NFCCG will be Saints vs Seahawks? I mean seriously, how often do the playoffs go as most people expect?

Just kind of feels that way. Looks like these teams will be the top 2 seeds and I really don't see any other team winning a road game in the Divisional round.

The Pack w/ a healthy Aaron Rodgers always has a chance but they may not even make the playoffs.

Hawkboi

Reaction score
Bottom line is simple.... You have to beat the teams we're presented with on any given day to make it to the SB... Then we have to beat the team against us in the SB to become the SB Champs... One game at a time all the way to the top!!! All it takes is one game better than them... :th2thumbs:

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
bestfightstory":3r296pva said:
Of course, if we kick the living shit out of them on MNF it will help them by letting them know what awaits them in the playoffs.

What do you mean "if"? :stirthepot:

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
sutz":85bji7os said:
jblaze":85bji7os said:

:13: This. Like all of the other scenarios about the playoffs and seeding and what not, all the Seahawks can do is continue to win games and let all of that other crap take care of itself.

In two weeks, Brees and the Saints have a chance to avenge themselves for the Beastquake game. They will be motivated. Nothing has helped anybody so far this season in the Clink. It is where other teams come to have their dreams crushed.

Using your logic, every game 'helps' the other team, regardless of where or when it is played. :229031_shrug:

Actually where their nightmares begin. LOL :stirthepot: :mrgreen:

drdiags

Reaction score
HawkFan72":18e2cxxy said:
drdiags":18e2cxxy said:

ugh, wasn't that game the Boone Stutz Special?

May have been. I forget the gory details other than being pissed that the Saints had the audacity to go for it on 4th and 1 on their own 30 and making it. Our defense was soft as hell. That and being behind a drunk Saints fan on the way out of the stadium and having to hear her whoop it up. Wanted to strangle her but wasn't her fault my team blew chunks that night.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Crizilla":hxmj4ko9 said:
if they have to come back here for the NFC Championship? If we end up the 1 seed and they end up the 2, they will be coming here again. No doubt. I'm hoping they don't get a good feel for us in our stadium and somehow get used to the noise... what do you think? New Orleans is the only team that can beat us IMO
Did it help the all-world Kraepper when he played here last December then again in week 2? Yes Bree's is better than Papaki but it may work against the saints as well. If we win they are thinking Oh S, we have to go and play at that place AGAIN in the playoffs?