Will Seattle win the division in 2013?

hawker84

Reaction score
If the Hawks can overcome the road struggles , this division is ours... 5-3 on the road + 7-1 at home = division champs , anyting better = home field advantage... which of course means SB champs!!!!

Hawks!!!!!

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
NinerLifer":1ax6m4z0 said:
onanygivensunday":1ax6m4z0 said:
Back on topic, the Hawks took over the division last December. End of discussion.

Then why don't you have a 2012 division champs banner hanging from the rafters in C-link?
Had my statement been... the Hawks WON the division last December... then your question would have been pertinent.

But I did not.

I stand by my statement.

We'll both see how it plays out this year.

Should be a great season for both clubs... so looking forward to it. :th2thumbs:

A

Anonymous

I agree, OAGS, the Hawks came on at the end of the season, whilst the Niners just hung in there.

I think that means something, and so does Russell Wilson. Heard an interview the other day; he said while walking off the field after the playoff loss in ATL, he was thinking about exactly that. Can't wait to see this all play out.

Oh, and after my third beer and 2nd Vicodin, I'm now ok with people calling them "10:00 games". . .

edit: wait, what am I thinking? Early game and late game people!

RichNhansom

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":3a5q59xv said:
I agree, OAGS, the Hawks came on at the end of the season, whilst the Niners just hung in there.

I think that means something, and so does Russell Wilson. Heard an interview the other day; he said while walking off the field after the playoff loss in ATL, he was thinking about exactly that. Can't wait to see this all play out.

Oh, and after my third beer and 2nd Vicodin, I'm now ok with people calling them "10:00 games". . .

edit: wait, what am I thinking? Early game and late game people!

HAHA!! Maybe just one more beer.

Giedi

Reaction score
RichNhansom":194c9t93 said:
Giedi":194c9t93 said:
RichNhansom":194c9t93 said:
So you believe a rookie will not be a bigger question mark at NT for you than proven NFL caliber players will be for us? Wasn't Justin Smith injured last year? Seems like we could get by much better without Red than you can without Smith. I could just as easily say anytime Justin Smith gets injured Aldon becomes useless. May or may not be true but it is definitely a bigger question than will Avril or Bennet work out. Again, until draft picks become NFL players, I don't count them for us or you. They are the biggest question mark of either team.
[/color]

Chris Clemons was a big loss for you guys. Just as big a loss as was justin and Aldon was for us. Maybe even moreso, simply because you don't have the elite pass rushers that some other teams have. When I say elite I mean no disresepect to Clemons. I mean guys like Jared Allen. Guys capable of 19+ sacks a year. I think you overcompensated for it by getting Avirl and Bennet in free agency. So you might be better in the pass rush department, but are you better in the run defense department? The 49ers top 4 tacklers were linebackers. Of Seattles top four tacklers, two were two DB's. Avril's resume includes playing next to Suh, so his number could be inflated. Again, not saying they are. Just pointing out the obvious question mark.

On Bennet, he comes from a defense that was top five against the run defense. But that was on a team that was almost dead last in pass defense. As for Dann Quinn, who is a college D Line coach jumping into the DC position, and Travis Jones, comming from a team known for Bounty gate and dead last in defense, I'm a bit disapointed in their hires. There were probably better defensive coaches out there but Pete may not know them or wasnt comfortable with them. All in all a lot of questionmarks.

On the 49ers there isn't a coaching questionmark. Pass rushing isnt a question mark. Run defense IS a questionmark.

Decimation

Reaction score
Goldrush":qvs4p8db said:
No, they wont. Write it down.
What the hell drew you to that conclusion? Answer that without being a homer.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Hard to say since both the Hawks and 9ers are probably capable of hitting the 12-4 spot. I have a feeling it will come down to tie-breakers beyond head-to-head.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
I think the Seahawks are a better team and if Justin Smith falls off a cliff, I think Seattle's defense will be markedly better, but San Francisco has a much more favorable schedule. Eh, right now, I'm thinking SF takes the division, but probably one team will go 12-4 and the other 11-5.

Laloosh

Reaction score
I'm going to go with... we'll know the answer to this question when more than zero but less than 17 games have been played by both teams.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
The problem I am seeing is the schedule. We don't just have to be better than the Niners, we need to be significantly better.

Once again the schedule makers have helped out the Niners limiting them to only two 10am starts and against non playoff opponents just like last year the NFL seen fit to remove all early starts against top caliber opponents and reflecting on their performance last year it was a good thing for the Niners they did. In the three games they did play at 10am they were against the Jets, Rams and Vikings. Two of those teams ended up better than expected at the time the schedule was being made and out of those three games the Niners were only able to beat the Jets.

Our schedule this year is stacked against 3 playoff teams and two other very good teams all at 10am starts including back to back 10am starts against Houston (had the best record in football until they fell apart at the end of the season) and then the Colts. To put that 10am start into perspective for those that think it doesn't matter. The Niners last year year went 5-3 on the road including winning games against NE and GB. The only losses on the road last year were to Seattle (who curb stomped them on their second week of travel) the Rams (a 10am start) and the Vikings (a 10am start). So they were able to beat teams like NE and GB on the road in a late or normal (for them) start time but couldn't get past the Vikings or Rams (both 10am starts). Normally which would you think would more difficult? Beating the Rams and Vikings or NE and GB? The only team able to beat them on the road and not a 10am start was the Seahawks and even that was week two of travel.

I would love to put on my homer goggles and say it doesn't matter but west coast teams have a 22% win percentage in 10am starts. You can't simply assume they just need to go to bed earlier.

It is very conceivable we sweep the Niners and still lose the division and if that happens the NFL should be ashamed of itself because you will be able to look at the 10am starts as the sole reason if that in fact happens. It seems pretty apparent for whatever reason the NFL wants the Niners to win the division. Maybe they are a more marketable team, I don't know but last year we ended up playing 5 10am starts including (what should be a complete travesty) a 10am start on the second week of travel in the friggen playoffs. There is no excuse for not adjusting the time and no way to ignore that it gave Atlanta a distinct advantage.

Hopefully we can overcome the odds and still win the division but if we do it should be acknowledged what task we would have accomplished in doing so.

themunn

Reaction score
Giedi":134bo41f said:
As for Dann Quinn, who is a college D Line coach jumping into the DC position,

he's a college DC jumping to an NFL DC position, from a defense that finished last year in the top 5 in both yards and points allowed and improved in each of the years he was a coach.

The 49ers top 4 tacklers were linebackers. Of Seattles top four tacklers, two were two DB's. Avril's resume includes playing next to Suh, so his number could be inflated. Again, not saying they are. Just pointing out the obvious question mark.

This isn't true either, your top two tacklers were Bowman and Willis (predictably), then Whitner (who is no longer with the team) and Goldson were 3rd and 4th. And Justin Smith was 6th, Tarrell Brown 7th, Carlos Rogers 8th and Chris Culliver 9th. In fact Ahmad Brooks only JUST makes it into the top 10.

60niners

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2m2uoko7 said:
Arguing w/a Whiner fan is like clapping with one hand.
Yea, if that one hand had 5 SB rings on it... boom.

Lol sorry I had to.

hawker84

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":fahoflnn said:
SoulfishHawk":fahoflnn said:
How pitiful that Niners fans hang out on a Hawks board.
Agreed. I can see it on a general board like ESPN etc. but not on a Seahawk specific board.

This is a Division based thread., why wouldn't they want to come here and talk shop?

i don't understand why there has to be these post in every SEA/SF thread.. some of us welcome apposing fans here, if you don't like it, avoid the thread...

Latest posts