• No

Votes: 47 34.8%

• Total voters

kf3339

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2bw9w9kp said:
kf3339":2bw9w9kp said:
^

Negotiating "IS" a personnel decision. He is a smart businessman and will see the issues as it relates to just that; a business decision.

Right now he probably sees an offense that is stumbling again. He also sees a new offensive player that PC traded a 1st and Unger for who is not being used properly. He doesn't need to be football coach to see that fact.

This is not the first time for our head coach. It's becoming a pattern.

Do we throw away another offensive weapon because our OC is not capable of making it work again? Or does PA bring to PC and JS's attention this fact, and tell them to make it work with Graham no matter what. If that means changing to an OC who can scheme a true NFL offense then that should be the direction.
This is right out of a fairytale. There's no way PA intercedes in the daily football operations he's entrusted to Pete. We're not talking Dan Snyder here, thank goodness.

You don't know "WHAT" Paul Allen feels about the situation and as I stated neither do I. Don't assume your "opinion" is any more valid than anyone else. I don't.

mrt144

Reaction score
Why even invoke Paul Allen as a proxy for your speculation then?

What does Paul Allen think about sandwiches?

Tical21

Reaction score
My worst fears about this trade have come true. I hated it when we did it. He hurts our physical identity and neither Bevell or Wilson have any idea how to exploit his matchup advantages. I don't know what the dead money looks like, but I'd trade him right this second while he still has a bunch of value.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
kf3339":236sl4kj said:
Siouxhawk":236sl4kj said:
kf3339":236sl4kj said:
^

Negotiating "IS" a personnel decision. He is a smart businessman and will see the issues as it relates to just that; a business decision.

Right now he probably sees an offense that is stumbling again. He also sees a new offensive player that PC traded a 1st and Unger for who is not being used properly. He doesn't need to be football coach to see that fact.

Do we throw away another offensive weapon because our OC is not capable of making it work again? Or does PA bring to PC and JS's attention this fact, and tell them to make it work with Graham no matter what. If that means changing to an OC who can scheme a true NFL offense then that should be the direction.
This is right out of a fairytale. There's no way PA intercedes in the daily football operations he's entrusted to Pete. We're not talking Dan Snyder here, thank goodness.

You don't know "WHAT" Paul Allen feels about the situation and as I stated neither do I. Don't assume your "opinion" is any more valid than anyone else. I don't.
You asked the question, so I answered. You also threw a few "what if's" out there, so I just matched you.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Tical21":17fxm674 said:
My worst fears about this trade have come true. I hated it when we did it. He hurts our physical identity and neither Bevell or Wilson have any idea how to exploit his matchup advantages. I don't know what the dead money looks like, but I'd trade him right this second while he still has a bunch of value.
Yes you did Tical. I recall you being leery of it from the get-go. I still think Jimmy is going to prove quite valuable in the red zone. The season's not quite a third of the way through yet and a favorable stretch of schedule is on the horizon, so it's time to make some hay.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
kf3339":105s1pjh said:
SeaToTheHawks":105s1pjh said:
kf3339":105s1pjh said:
If Paul Allen is serious about making our offense work, and getting RW a true large WR/TE option he will make sure that Graham stays and Bevel is gone. I think at this point PA needs to make his feeling felt to JS and PC in a very clear manner that this bullshit has to and will stop.

I personally would even make it clear to PC that he could be gone as well and PA will bring in a more offensive oriented HC who knows how to make NFL offenses work. That is if PC doesn't agree to moving on from Bevel. You can always still have a top flight DC to handle that side of the ball. Yes, I know that is probably a minority opinion at this point.

Pete Carroll is not going anywhere. To suggest otherwise is crazy talk.

This is pretty much Pete's job for as long as he wants so long as the team stays competitive winning 9-12 games/year.

No one knows how PA is looking at things right now. I stated that the issue is Bevel and a choice needs to be made this offseason. Bevel is holding this offense back and at this point even PA can tell that is the case.

So don't jump to conclusions so easily that PC is never going to get sent packing. It happens to the best of coaches.
What are you smoking?
TWO Super Bowl appearances in a row, and Seattle's FIRST Super Bowl blowout WIN, and you want to point a finger about "Jumping To Conclusions"?, Man That's Rich :lol:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
kf3339":b410c8n4 said:
^

Your insinuation that PA be giving Pete Carroll an ultimatum that either DB is gone, or both he an Pete be gone in the boot? :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol:

massari

Reaction score
Tical21":19n9lxqu said:

Does anyone know the answer to this about what his dead money would be if he's traded during this season or next offseason?

I'm not sure but believe if he's traded this season it'd be 5M in dead money (pro rated?) for the rest of this season and if he's traded after the season, there won't be any dead money. Is this right?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
kf3339":4kckghju said:
Siouxhawk":4kckghju said:
kf3339":4kckghju said:
^

Dude :roll: YOU are the one that's making the outlandish "Assumptions" about what Paul Allen is thinking.

massari

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":20ymqedn said:
At best I think we would land a 2nd and a player. His salary will be the sticking point.

They gave up the 31st overall pick for him, so if it's an early 2nd rounder the Seahawks didn't lose very much.

Still think a team with cap room and the right fit would give up a 1st for Graham though.

Fade

Reaction score
Tical21":3dbi986d said:

2015 his base salary is guaranteed, but the team trading for him would pick up the remaining game checks.

2016 $9M with $0 dead money

2017 $10M with $0 dead money

http://overthecap.com/player/jimmy-graham/1503/

I would run Graham down the seam, and on corner routes the whole game, and make teams pay for loading the box.

I also would put Graham and Lockett outside, and run out of I-Formation. Again when teams start to cheat the run, I would check to a play action pass 9-9-9. The Safety playing center field would have to pick his poison, shade over to Jimmy leaving Lockett 1-on-1, or vice versa.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
I think he will, but if the team tanks this season I hope Pete and John discuss a change in coaching such as a new OC or asst.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
HawkMeat":l10b8g8f said:
I think he will, but if the team tanks this season I hope Pete and John discuss a change in coaching such as a new OC or asst.
What is your definition of "tanks"?

Hawks46

Reaction score
I think this is jumping the gun a bit.

Anthony Gonzalez was just on with Cowherd, and he said the first year he went to Atlanta, he missed the Pro Bowl. He said it took a year to get chemistry and communicate with Ryan about how things were going to work, and the OC had to get used to what an elite TE looked like and how to use him.

I think it's a combination of Wilson getting used to Graham's unique attributes, namely size and huge catch radius. He's never had a receiver like this.

I'm not convinced that Bevell will use Graham correctly, but Miller had good value for us and had some very good games catching, although it wasn't consistent (at the time, the young QB was blamed).

Graham also has to get used to Wilson and having a team with crappy pass protection. In NO, he'd never had such a terrible OL, so Brees always had time to find Jimmy. Also, Brees is a pocket passer and like Graham said, it was always in the progression. Jimmy knew at what point in the route Brees was looking elsewhere and knew he wouldn't get the ball. Now, Wilson could hit you 5-7 seconds later after he made 2 guys miss, but you have to keep moving. It's 4 years of doing something one way, vs. 5 months of something completely different. It's going to take some time.

rideaducati

Reaction score
kf3339":15mqt2c3 said:
If Paul Allen is serious about making our offense work, and getting RW a true large WR/TE option he will make sure that Graham stays and Bevel is gone. I think at this point PA needs to make his feeling felt to JS and PC in a very clear manner that this bullshit has to and will stop.

I personally would even make it clear to PC that he could be gone as well and PA will bring in a more offensive oriented HC who knows how to make NFL offenses work. That is if PC doesn't agree to moving on from Bevel. You can always still have a top flight DC to handle that side of the ball. Yes, I know that is probably a minority opinion at this point.

Maybe Pete is trying to tick Paul Allen off so he gets fired and then when Fisher gets the boot from the rams, Pete gets the job in Los Angeles. Have any of you guys seen my tinfoil hat?

rideaducati

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3vhdc0e6 said:
HawkMeat":3vhdc0e6 said:
What is your definition of "tanks"?

Finishing below the rams.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Hawks46":rethlzxo said:

Anthony Gonzalez was just on with Cowherd, and he said the first year he went to Atlanta, he missed the Pro Bowl. He said it took a year to get chemistry and communicate with Ryan about how things were going to work, and the OC had to get used to what an elite TE looked like and how to use him.

I think it's a combination of Wilson getting used to Graham's unique attributes, namely size and huge catch radius. He's never had a receiver like this.

I'm not convinced that Bevell will use Graham correctly, but Miller had good value for us and had some very good games catching, although it wasn't consistent (at the time, the young QB was blamed).

Graham also has to get used to Wilson and having a team with crappy pass protection. In NO, he'd never had such a terrible OL, so Brees always had time to find Jimmy. Also, Brees is a pocket passer and like Graham said, it was always in the progression. Jimmy knew at what point in the route Brees was looking elsewhere and knew he wouldn't get the ball. Now, Wilson could hit you 5-7 seconds later after he made 2 guys miss, but you have to keep moving. It's 4 years of doing something one way, vs. 5 months of something completely different. It's going to take some time.
Great post 46. Thanks for passing this info along.

Hawks won't give up on Jimmy after one season if they didn't on Harvin.

seahawksny

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":1cbcts98 said:
I think he will be gone. That $9 million salary will get put to better use elsewhere, like on the OL or pass catchers that mesh with Wilson's game.

touche'

seahawksny

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1yviloh6 said:
Hawks46":1yviloh6 said:

Great post 46. Thanks for passing this info along.

Hawks won't give up on Jimmy after one season if they didn't on Harvin.

technically Percy was here two seasons, but didnt even play a full season combined.