Votes: 47 34.8%

• Total voters

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":yinqssls said:
Bitter":yinqssls said:
Siouxhawk":yinqssls said:
Scottemojo":yinqssls said:
It would be silly to change personnel after a Super Bowl year, so both will be back

Teams change personnel after Super Bowl appearances all the time. Doesn't matter if the bowl is super or not, if what is in it is crap it is time to flush.
Not really any of our core players, which I believe Jimmy is.

I wasn't referring to Jimmy.
Bev should be back too ... with a raise

kearly

Reaction score
Ultimately this depends on how the OL fares the rest of the year. Because if Wilson ends up getting sacked 60+ times and the run game continues to be inconsistent, the FO will have little choice but to pump significant financial resources into fixing the line, especially since our two best current lineman are free agents next year.

Going cheap on the OL shouldn't be a long term solution anyway, you can't build continuity without paying guys.

And if Seattle needs to free up some money to pay for OL help, the first contract you get rid of his Graham's at this point. Especially since he still has good trade value.

Scottemojo":3sdviww3 said:
He will be here, hopeful that a new OC will do better than the last one.

I wish.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I think he will be gone. That $9 million salary will get put to better use elsewhere, like on the OL or pass catchers that mesh with Wilson's game.

massari

Reaction score
kearly":frpcn7gf said:
Ultimately this depends on how the OL fares the rest of the year. Because if Wilson ends up getting sacked 60+ times and the run game continues to be inconsistent, the FO will have little choice but to pump significant financial resources into fixing the line, especially since our two best current lineman are free agents next year.

Going cheap on the OL shouldn't be a long term solution anyway, you can't build continuity without paying guys.

And if Seattle needs to free up some money to pay for OL help, the first contract you get rid of his Graham's at this point. Especially since he still has good trade value.

Would there be anyone willing to trade for Cary Williams? lol

Awful contract. :pukeface:

2_0_6

Reaction score
massari":357uljzv said:
kearly":357uljzv said:

Only 1 year guaranteed IIRC

kf3339

Reaction score
If Paul Allen is serious about making our offense work, and getting RW a true large WR/TE option he will make sure that Graham stays and Bevel is gone. I think at this point PA needs to make his feeling felt to JS and PC in a very clear manner that this bullshit has to and will stop.

I personally would even make it clear to PC that he could be gone as well and PA will bring in a more offensive oriented HC who knows how to make NFL offenses work. That is if PC doesn't agree to moving on from Bevel. You can always still have a top flight DC to handle that side of the ball. Yes, I know that is probably a minority opinion at this point.

massari

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":3m34g0n8 said:
massari":3m34g0n8 said:
kearly":3m34g0n8 said:

Only 1 year guaranteed IIRC

There'll be 2.33M in dead money if he's cut and 6.17M cap hit if he stays.

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
kf3339":2v24kw3s said:
If Paul Allen is serious about making our offense work, and getting RW a true large WR/TE option he will make sure that Graham stays and Bevel is gone. I think at this point PA needs to make his feeling felt to JS and PC in a very clear manner that this bullshit has to and will stop.

I personally would even make it clear to PC that he could be gone as well and PA will bring in a more offensive oriented HC who knows how to make NFL offenses work. That is if PC doesn't agree to moving on from Bevel. You can always still have a top flight DC to handle that side of the ball. Yes, I know that is probably a minority opinion at this point.

Pete Carroll is not going anywhere. To suggest otherwise is crazy talk.

This is pretty much Pete's job for as long as he wants so long as the team stays competitive winning 9-12 games/year.

kmedic

Reaction score
I think Bevell is calling plenty of plays for JG, but RW is simply not pulling the trigger on many of those. He (Wilson) is a major factor here why JG has been "underperforming". After three years of watching Wilson, he is still developing as a pocket passer. I think there is numerous evidence out there supporting the fact that Wilson still often misses wide open receivers and TE's. His brilliance comes into effect when the pocket collapses and he gets outside of the tackles on the run. That's where most of the Hawks explosive passing plays have come from. Unfortunately, JG still hasn't mastered the 'scramble drill' and frankly doesn't look like he's even interested in doing it (unlike ADB, Kearse, or even Lockett). Until Wilson starts committing to his reads and making throws off his progressions (designed for JG) I'm not sure we are going to see a lot of productivity out of JG.

kf3339

Reaction score
SeaToTheHawks":15dxiyj9 said:
kf3339":15dxiyj9 said:

This is pretty much Pete's job for as long as he wants so long as the team stays competitive winning 9-12 games/year.

No one knows how PA is looking at things right now. I stated that the issue is Bevel and a choice needs to be made this offseason. Bevel is holding this offense back and at this point even PA can tell that is the case.

So don't jump to conclusions so easily that PC is never going to get sent packing. It happens to the best of coaches.

The Breh

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":30rsgje6 said:
Bitter":30rsgje6 said:
Siouxhawk":30rsgje6 said:
Scottemojo":30rsgje6 said:
He will be here, hopeful that a new OC will do better than the last one.
It would be silly to change personnel after a Super Bowl year, so both will be back

Teams change personnel after Super Bowl appearances all the time. Doesn't matter if the bowl is super or not, if what is in it is crap it is time to flush.
Not really any of our core players, which I believe Jimmy is.
Unger, Browner and Maxwell :evil:
Thurmond got replaced but them dudes been hurt.
Look at the drop off losing Maxwell tho :shock:

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
kf3339":rd7a0ocf said:
SeaToTheHawks":rd7a0ocf said:
kf3339":rd7a0ocf said:

No one knows how PA is looking at things right now. I stated that the issue is Bevel and a choice needs to be made this offseason. Bevel is holding this offense back and at this point even PA can tell that is the case.

So don't jump to conclusions so easily that PC is never going to get sent packing. It happens to the best of coaches.
I'd say you're the one jumping to conclusions. In fact, I don't think PA even gets into tactical decisions about personnel on his football team, which is a shrewd move on his part.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
kmedic":2muktg43 said:
I think Bevell is calling plenty of plays for JG, but RW is simply not pulling the trigger on many of those. He (Wilson) is a major factor here why JG has been "underperforming". After three years of watching Wilson, he is still developing as a pocket passer. I think there is numerous evidence out there supporting the fact that Wilson still often misses wide open receivers and TE's. His brilliance comes into effect when the pocket collapses and he gets outside of the tackles on the run. That's where most of the Hawks explosive passing plays have come from. Unfortunately, JG still hasn't mastered the 'scramble drill' and frankly doesn't look like he's even interested in doing it (unlike ADB, Kearse, or even Lockett). Until Wilson starts committing to his reads and making throws off his progressions (designed for JG) I'm not sure we are going to see a lot of productivity out of JG.

Read an article over at field gulls today saying Graham has been targeted the most.

chris98251

Reaction score
I'd say you're the one jumping to conclusions. In fact, I don't think PA even gets into tactical decisions about personnel on his football team, which is a shrewd move on his part.

He got involved with Kam, I also remember that he had some input with Harvin.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":1r6ccp1b said:

He got involved with Kam, I also remember that he had some input with Harvin.
Negotiating. He writes the paychecks and an employee was absent on his own accord. Therefore, the negotiations would be halted. Different thing entirely.

kf3339

Reaction score
^

Negotiating "IS" a personnel decision. He is a smart businessman and will see the issues as it relates to just that; a business decision.

Right now he probably sees an offense that is stumbling again. He also sees a new offensive player that PC traded a 1st and Unger for who is not being used properly. He doesn't need to be football coach to see that fact.

This is not the first time for our head coach. It's becoming a pattern.

Do we throw away another offensive weapon because our OC is not capable of making it work again? Or does PA bring to PC and JS's attention this fact, and tell them to make it work with Graham no matter what. If that means changing to an OC who can scheme a true NFL offense then that should be the direction.

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
At this point I think bevell would be gone before jimmy graham.

If the Seahawks didn't have the defense they did and actually needed offensive output to win games then I think Bevell would have been gone a while ago.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
kf3339":l70fiwa7 said:
^

Negotiating "IS" a personnel decision. He is a smart businessman and will see the issues as it relates to just that; a business decision.

Right now he probably sees an offense that is stumbling again. He also sees a new offensive player that PC traded a 1st and Unger for who is not being used properly. He doesn't need to be football coach to see that fact.

This is not the first time for our head coach. It's becoming a pattern.

Do we throw away another offensive weapon because our OC is not capable of making it work again? Or does PA bring to PC and JS's attention this fact, and tell them to make it work with Graham no matter what. If that means changing to an OC who can scheme a true NFL offense then that should be the direction.
This is right out of a fairytale. There's no way PA intercedes in the daily football operations he's entrusted to Pete. We're not talking Dan Snyder here, thank goodness.